Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles outspent Skins by 14m from 01-04

Westbrook36

What is your favorite Star Wars film?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Star Wars film?

• Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    • Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
    • Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
    • Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
    • Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
    • Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
    • I don't like any of these ****ty movies

Wow, I can't believe this. This is actual money spent....not cap related. All this time, you guys told me how cheap the Eagles are. Thanks to Pocono for posting this link recently. I had lost it until just now.

2004:

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2004

2003:

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2003

2002:

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2002

2001:

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2001

Wow, add it all up and Lurie makes Snyder look like a cheapskate.

Hey!! And I'll bet Eagles fans are thrilled! They have all those superbowl championships to show for it....oh...wait a minute...:laugh:

Funny how you have to go back 4 seasons. If you look at recent history, namely 03 and 04, the Skins outspent the Iggles by 20 million dollars. And remind me, WB, which team has had the more recent success? Hmmm?

Hey!! And I'll bet Eagles fans are thrilled! They have all those superbowl championships to show for it....oh...wait a minute...:laugh:

Funny how you have to go back 4 seasons. If you look at recent history, namely 03 and 04, the Skins outspent the Iggles by 20 million dollars. And remind me, WB, which team has had the more recent success? Hmmm?

Why are you getting defensive? They're just saying that the "cheap" label on the Eagles is false. You're bringing more into this than there should be.

Why are you getting defensive? They're just saying that the "cheap" label on the Eagles is false. You're bringing more into this than there should be.

Whaa? Who's getting defensive? I'm simply responding to his post. Why don't YOU answer...which team has had the most recent success?

Skins had a better 05, jrock. I didn't know that was the issue. The issue is the rampant and continued talk about how cheap the Eagles are.

See, the Skins so poorly manage their cap, they have tons of dead money each year which actually prohibits Snyder from spending as much as other owners, while making it appear like he spends the most since your cap is always maxed out.

If the Eagles cut Westbrook right now, the remainding years SB accelerate and it looks like they spent much more in 06 then they actually would have. This is basically how the Skins look like they are big spenders every year, but with so much dead money, actually are below even the Eagles in spending.

Nothing in this thread undermines the fact that the Redskins have been, are now, and always will be an organization that is superior to the Eagles in every meaningful and measurable way. That's nothing for the Eagles to be ashamed of...Having the same number of SBs as the Lions and the Cards..that's shameful!

Okay, I don't give a **** what my biased brethren say here, the Eagles are better at managing the salary cap.

Thats a given, and I can't see why the other 'Skins fans around here can't see that...

(Below, something defending the Redskins)

It is hard to manage the salary cap when you have a coaching carousel...

Different coaches want different players, thats why it was hard for the 'Skins to manage the cap.

Not to mention Danny wasn't a very experienced owner when he purchased the Redskins.

However, the Redskins seemed to overcome all of this last season, with a surprisingly good record, at 10-6.

Overall, the Eagles have managed the cap well, and I bet you that the Redskins will be in that boat in a few years.

:2cents:

Nothing in this thread undermines the fact that the Redskins have been, are now, and always will be an organization that is superior to the Eagles in every meaningful and measurable way. That's nothing for the Eagles to be ashamed of...Having the same number of SBs as the Lions and the Cards..that's shameful!

I'll admit the Skins have won 3 Superbowls (even though 2 came during asterisk seasons) if you admit the Eagles aren't cheap.

Deal?

I'll admit the Skins have won 3 Superbowls (even though 2 came during asterisk seasons) if you admit the Eagles aren't cheap.

Deal?

LOL!! I'll do you one better! The Eagles effective cap/staff management is/was likely the driving force behind Snyder's obvious maturation as owner. Furthermore, I went to the Linc this year and thought it was a top-notch facility*, easily on par with FedEx in most respects.

And I never called the Eagles cheap, Drew Rosenhaus did!

Skins had a better 05, jrock. I didn't know that was the issue. The issue is the rampant and continued talk about how cheap the Eagles are.

See, the Skins so poorly manage their cap, they have tons of dead money each year which actually prohibits Snyder from spending as much as other owners, while making it appear like he spends the most since your cap is always maxed out.

If the Eagles cut Westbrook right now, the remainding years SB accelerate and it looks like they spent much more in 06 then they actually would have. This is basically how the Skins look like they are big spenders every year, but with so much dead money, actually are below even the Eagles in spending.

Wait....I'm confused. You said that was actual money spent, non cap related...are you retracting that statement? And if so...can we take anything you say seriously?

WB are you still trying to come to terms with the fact that we were actually under the cap this year without cutting anyone meaningful? That's what it seems like with these statments. If that is a poorly managed cap...I'll take it ;) Oh wait...next year is true cap hell right... :laugh:

Whaa? Who's getting defensive? I'm simply responding to his post. Why don't YOU answer...which team has had the most recent success?

How recent do you want? Past 5 years, Eagles; past 4 years, Eagles; past 3 years, Eagles; past 2 years, Eagles; past year, Redskins. But none of that makes any difference, the point of this topic was not about success but about the "cheap" label on the Eagles.

Here are the 2005 numbers; http://www.forbes.com/2005/09/01/sports-football-gambling-cz_05nfland.html

Redskins Player Expenses 133 Million

Eagles Player Expenses 120 Million

2004 Numbers http://www.forbes.com/2004/09/01/04nfland.html

Redskins Player Expenses 99 Million

Eagles Player Expenses 91 Million

Forbes numbers are different than your USA Today numbers. I trust Forbes.

The Eagles are cheap. :D

Wow, I can't believe this. This is actual money spent....not cap related. All this time, you guys told me how cheap the Eagles are. Thanks to Pocono for posting this link recently. I had lost it until just now.

2004:

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2004

2003:

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2003

2002:

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2002

2001:

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2001

Wow, add it all up and Lurie makes Snyder look like a cheapskate.

What a bunch of non-sense...

WB, really...what about LTBE...where is that in these numbers? If the Skins and Philly are so close in spending, then how in the world is Philly so far under the cap? Answer: The money never really gets spent! :doh:

Look, WB, I'm willing to pay you $1 million dollars if you can post 6000 posts in one day, with an average word count of 5000 words of which 20% can never be repeated in any other post...if you can't do it, I'll pay you a nickel.

Ok, what's the value of this contract?

Oh, and if you don't do it, I get to keep the $1 million less 5 cents and am allowed to spend this $1 million next year, while my rival who has paid his player $1 million in cash, cannot.

Does this make sense, or do I break out the crayons?

I think the Forbes numbers are better.

And considering the Eagles went to the playoffs five years in a row, it isn't beyond the comprehension of most people that the players would get more money in salary for extra post season games. :doh:

Ask players around the league if they want to go to Philly for a pay day or go to the Redskins for a pay day.

Stop posting misleading information.

What a bunch of non-sense...

WB, really...what about LTBE...where is that in these numbers? If the Skins and Philly are so close in spending, then how in the world is Philly so far under the cap? Answer: The money never really gets spent! :doh:

Look, WB, I'm willing to pay you $1 million dollars if you can post 6000 posts in one day, with an average word count of 5000 words of which 20% can never be repeated in any other post...if you can't do it, I'll pay you a nickel.

Ok, what's the value of this contract?

Oh, and if you don't do it, I get to keep the $1 million less 5 cents and am allowed to spend this $1 million next year, while my rival who has paid his player $1 million in cash, cannot.

Does this make sense, or do I break out the crayons?

I think the Forbes numbers are better.

And considering the Eagles went to the playoffs five years in a row, it isn't beyond the comprehension of most people that the players would get more money in salary for extra post season games. :doh:

Ask players around the league if they want to go to Philly for a pay day or go to the Redskins for a pay day.

Stop posting misleading information.

If they actually want to see that payday they'll go with the Eagles. If they want to be asked to rework their contract every season and have the money pushed back 4 - 5 years down the road then they'll sign with the Skins. It's quite disgusting that Brunell was asked to rework his contract when he was clearly your offensive MVP. "Mark please bail us out again, we just can't seem to do anything right financially" says Gibbs and his band of misfits.

If they actually want to see that payday they'll go with the Eagles. If they want to be asked to rework their contract every season and have the money pushed back 4 - 5 years down the road then they'll sign with the Skins. It's quite disgusting that Brunell was asked to rework his contract when he was clearly your offensive MVP. "Mark please bail us out again, we just can't seem to do anything right financially" says Gibbs and his band of misfits.

Brunell our Offensive MVP?

There goes your credibility.

Brunell our Offensive MVP?

There goes your credibility.

He's an Eagles fan, did he have any to begin with?

Aside from that, from everything I have read, we aren't pushing money back, we are actually giving them bonuses now, today, which are paid now, but can be pro-rated throughout the life of the contract. If I'm a player, I'm jumping on that. That's opposed to the Eagles way of rarely extending a contract, and never once a player passes 30. Nice loyalty.

So let's review. The Skins re-negotiate the contract, ensuring the players get paid more now. The Eagles will draft you, run your rookie contract contract to the end, then refuse to extend you because the extension will put you on the wrong side of 30. Which sounds worse again?

We aren't pushing money back.

Basically here is what we do.....

Lets say you're making $1000 a month at your job and you're do a bonus at the end of the month for $5000 as long as you're still employed.

Well your boss comes up to you and says, "Hey, money's tight right now. I can't guarantee you being employed here by the end of the month to get your $5000, but what I can do is guarantee you get $1000 for the next 6 months, whether you're employed here or not."

Sorry this is another joke, "pay attention to the Eagles" thread, which has been blasted out of the water

The LBTE, yup, account for that, and account how much CASH was actually spent and we will see the numbers

Oh yay, Forbes did it for us.

Philadelphia Eagles 2001-2005 Salary Cap Champions!

He didn't have to push any big money back

Do you guys not realize when they "rework" their contracts they get MORE upfront money

Why do you think they would do it so easily? :laugh:

Wait....I'm confused. You said that was actual money spent, non cap related...are you retracting that statement? And if so...can we take anything you say seriously?

jrock, I have to speak slowly to you as I honestly think your football comprehension is a step behind but....

you do realize how much a team spends per year is different then their cap number, correct?

Archived