Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles outspent Skins by 14m from 01-04

Westbrook36

What is your favorite Star Wars film?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Star Wars film?

• Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    • Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
    • Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
    • Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
    • Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
    • Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
    • I don't like any of these ****ty movies

Nothing in this thread undermines the fact that the Redskins have been, are now, and always will be an organization that is superior to the Eagles in every meaningful and measurable way. That's nothing for the Eagles to be ashamed of...Having the same number of SBs as the Lions and the Cards..that's shameful!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: They just don't get it!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: They just don't get it!

So you unquestionably feel the Dallas Cowboys are a superior organization in every meaningful way to the Washington Redskins?

Following your logic, you have no choice but to feel this way.

Something tells me you wouldn't neccesarily agree.

and yet.....

Philly trophy case still empty

Once again. Irrelevant.

Just because something is true doesn't mean it has any bussiness being entered into an argument.

Had Westbrook titled this thread "Figures: Eagles have won more Superbowls than the Washington Redskins," then you may have made a meaningful point. As is, you displayed a very low understanding of logic.

WB you are really becoming a tool.

You post a link to USA Today figures saying that Lurie spends the most...

but you are not using common sense. If they have money carried over year to year, they are not spending it.

Tr1 even show a link to the numbers you posted saying how total salary may be more than the actual money paid to players.

Why you continue to post erroneous and misleading information is anyone's guess.

Just repeating something over and over doesn't make it true.

Does it even bother you that the numbers from USA Today and Forbes do not agree?

I'll say it again. Use common sense.

If you have money carried over to the next year, it means you didn't actually spend it.

All this banter ignores the initial point of the thread:

"Lurie is cheap" accusations are clearly unfounded and silly.

We may not spend as much as the Skins. We may spend more. Depends on which numbers you accept. Regardless, we are close enough to one another, and are both far above and beyond 90% of NFL teams, that it's time to retire the silly idea that Lurie is cheap.

No...you're wrong.

The Eagles 'spending' is an illusion. Unless the money makes it into the players' hands, it isn't spent.

The Eagles make say they spend large amounts of money, but through the magic of LTBEs, it never makes it to the player...only to the Eagles' cap.

If I make a promise to you that I know I'll never fulfill because the conditions are so daunting, then I'm being dishonest in dealing with you or anyone who peaks over my shoulder to see what I'm doing. That's what the Eagles are doing...and they, along with a bunch of other 'good cap management teams' are the reason the NFLPA gone to the mat.

No...you're wrong.

The Eagles 'spending' is an illusion. Unless the money makes it into the players' hands, it isn't spent.

The Eagles make say they spend large amounts of money, but through the magic of LTBEs, it never makes it to the player...only to the Eagles' cap.

If I make a promise to you that I know I'll never fulfill because the conditions are so daunting, then I'm being dishonest in dealing with you or anyone who peaks over my shoulder to see what I'm doing. That's what the Eagles are doing...and they, along with a bunch of other 'good cap management teams' are the reason the NFLPA gone to the mat.

The first year the Eagles did the LTBE thing was in 01 and they put 2M into Tim Hauck's contract and in 05 they started with a 1.3M credit so they only had 1.3M of that carry over passed through from 01 to 04. If you think that 1.3M carry over effects the quality of Westbrook's argument then you also better check the Skin's figures because they also started the 05 season with a carry over of over 1M that they didn't spend in 04 which would be reflected as being spent per your argument by the Skins. It took Danny a few years to catch on to how not to have money left over go unspent but he caught on eventually and emulated Banner's gambit.

Pocono, the notion that Snyder is emulating Banner is absurd.

They have completely different styles. Where is Banner placing language in contracts to allow for multiple restructures? The only reason Snyder may stop doing this is if they have a penalty for going over the cap, this cash over cap being discussed, otherwise, I believe Snyder would be comfortable doing this forever.

Placing a huge LTBE specifically designed to be carried over to the next year ala Jack Brewer, is completely different. Cartwrights contract did not appear to be like that at all.

This Lurie is not cheap nonsense has been taken to a new level. Now it has become Snyder wants to be like Lurie. Based on what? Probably just pushing peoples buttons.

The first year the Eagles did the LTBE thing was in 01 and they put 2M into Tim Hauck's contract and in 05 they started with a 1.3M credit so they only had 1.3M of that carry over passed through from 01 to 04. If you think that 1.3M carry over effects the quality of Westbrook's argument then you also better check the Skin's figures because they also started the 05 season with a carry over of over 1M that they didn't spend in 04 which would be reflected as being spent per your argument by the Skins. It took Danny a few years to catch on to how not to have money left over go unspent but he caught on eventually and emulated Banner's gambit.

:doh:

I mean, just :doh:

Why does everyone care how much either team spends? Let the play on the field decide who made the better offseason decisions. Jesus.

This I agree with.

Personally, I don't have anything in common with Snyder, and he keeps screwing me as a fan.

No upgrades into the lower bowl, obstructed view, poor pedestrian flow outside the stadium, searches so complete I feel like I'm going into a federal building, commercials during the game...

I put up with it because it's the Redskins, and he knows it. This would never fly in another town.

But if he's committed to winning, that's all I really care about, and he does seem to be willing to spend to help the team win.

Why does everyone care how much either team spends? Let the play on the field decide who made the better offseason decisions. Jesus.

Thank you!

We can bicker about how to fully interpret the cash and salary cap to give one of these owners the "spending" trophy. Or we can just appreciate that both guys are doing what they can to bring in and retain players to win games.

The Eagles were on top for a few years...currently we are. What happens next year remains to be seen.

A Redskin fan didn't start this thread.

Repeating falsehoods doesn't make them true.

As for the Redskins spending, I think it was out of control before Gibbs got here. I flinched everytime DS bought another player like Deion or Bruce Smith.

Fortunately, the spending has been a bit wiser...

But, it is real spending...it ends up in players pockets...not in a cap.

So you unquestionably feel the Dallas Cowboys are a superior organization in every meaningful way to the Washington Redskins?

Following your logic, you have no choice but to feel this way.

Something tells me you wouldn't neccesarily agree.

No you idiot. I'm saying that the Redskins org. is far more superior than the philty eagles have ever been or ever will be. You had the last 5 years to accomplish something great and every year your team blew it. That means you have as many Super bowl trophies as Arizona and Detroit That's ZERO. Get it now, Einstien?

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

No...you're wrong.

Do you have the figures on LBTE's the Eagles used over this four year period? Pocono just provided you numbers which you will ignore.

Even with the LBTEs, the Eagle still spent more....but this will be largely ignored by you and others that just keep screaming about phony contracts and LBTEs without knowing how much these amounts are.

BTW, Snyder attempted to LBTE carry over 1.1 million for Cartwright this year but was only able to carry over like 200k.

Placing a huge LTBE specifically designed to be carried over to the next year ala Jack Brewer, is completely different. Cartwrights contract did not appear to be like that at all.

You seen Cartwrights contract? Explain how it did not appear to be like that at all. What was his base salary in 05? 1.1 million was added. Is it normal to more than double someones salary right before the end of the year? tr1 talks that it was done because of an added role he might have taken on. If this is the case, why wasn't there ever an LBTE added to Pierce's contract or anyone else who has stepped up in the last 2 years because of injury?

Do you have the figures on LBTE's the Eagles used over this four year period? Pocono just provided you numbers which you will ignore.

Even with the LBTEs, the Eagle still spent more....but this will be largely ignored by you and others that just keep screaming about phony contracts and LBTEs without knowing how much these amounts are.

BTW, Snyder attempted to LBTE carry over 1.1 million for Cartwright this year but was only able to carry over like 200k.

This really is becoming unbelievable...

So, the Eagles don't use LTBE to create cap, therefore, they create cap by not spending allocated funds on players...but they aren't cheap? This allocated money, somehow, mysteriously doesn't end up in players' pockets...

The point I've been trying to make all along is that by NOT spending money allocated for players' salaries, the Eagles, and those other 'cap genius' teams, have undermined the intent of the CBA and thereby, caused these labor problems.

We can debate the word 'cheap', but you can never dispute my previous paragraph.

Suck it up fellas, admit that the Eagles don't pay players what they could...the players know it.

Oh, and can Pocono provide a link for the low number he cites?

Pocono, the notion that Snyder is emulating Banner is absurd.

They have completely different styles. Where is Banner placing language in contracts to allow for multiple restructures? The only reason Snyder may stop doing this is if they have a penalty for going over the cap, this cash over cap being discussed, otherwise, I believe Snyder would be comfortable doing this forever.

This Lurie is not cheap nonsense has been taken to a new level. Now it has become Snyder wants to be like Lurie. Based on what? Probably just pushing peoples buttons.

What are you talking about? Cartwright was playing on a standard bottom level RFA tender. Are you saying that in addition to this standard bottom level tender Danny threw in an extra 1M plus of LTBE'd incentives just to be a nice guy? Do you even know what a LTBE incentive is? It means it counts against the cap right away so you believe while Danny was doing restructures with many players to create cap space so he could do the Moss deal he throws over 1M of cap space away on his 3rd string RB. Danny added that at the end of the season just like many other teams did to pass unused space from one year to another. It's a pretty smart move by the Skins. Posting about something you don't know anything about may not be a pretty smart move.

Also that nonsense about Snyder putting language into contracts for multiple restructures....where did you get that? Don't you follow any other teams? Don't you know other teams restructure contracts also?

BTW...You'll probably hear that when the CBA is extended cap hits for bogus incentives written to meet the 30% rule will go away for players like Samuels Patten and Rabach. Danny started doing that after Banner extended Sheppard and Brown and used fake incentives for their contracts to be compliant. I wonder where the Skins got the idea.....Please only use the term "absurd" if you're sure your own thoughts will rise above that level. In this case[not in general]....they didn't.

You seen Cartwrights contract? Explain how it did not appear to be like that at all. What was his base salary in 05? 1.1 million was added. Is it normal to more than double someones salary right before the end of the year? tr1 talks that it was done because of an added role he might have taken on. If this is the case, why wasn't there ever an LBTE added to Pierce's contract or anyone else who has stepped up in the last 2 years because of injury?

Please allow me...you continue to ignore the answer to this question that has been provided on three occassions.

A skilled position player jumping from third string to starter should be compensated...I think that's the Redskins' thinking. Rock, as it turns out, didn't get as much work because Betts came back early...and Portis got better.

The certainly didn't do it to build cap. :doh: When you're $20 mil over, what's $1 mill?

What are you talking about? Cartwright was playing on a standard bottom level RFA tender. Are you saying that in addition to this standard bottom level tender Danny threw in an extra 1M plus of LTBE'd incentives just to be a nice guy?

Yes, he did. At the time it looked like Rock was going to start a lot of games.

You are replete with conjecture, but short on facts.

This conundrum where the Eagles aren't cheap because they don't pay their players is starting to get to you guys.

Also that nonsense about Snyder putting language into contracts for multiple restructures....where did you get that? Don't you follow any other teams? Don't you know other teams restructure contracts also?

You mean like the Colts?

Oh, they had problems?

I agree. Snyder does a great job at making money via Skins fans through extortionary means. Seats behind pillars, not being able to walk to the Stadium, etc.

I walked to the stadium and sat in unobstructed seats three times this year. :)

Archived