Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Anderson

BigRay

What you guys think about bringing in Mike Anderson as our short yardage running back ? I apologize if this has already been posted in advance..

a fine third down back as well because he is a solid receiver...a whole lot better than the idea some have floated of bringing davis back

anderson is a gibbs type player for certain.

i just do not like the idea of losing nemo or rock which would happen if they get anderson.

I like the way Mike Anderson plays, he runs hard and north south. I like it, but what about Stephen Davis? I f he is healthy. Plus Mike Anderson puts his full name on the back of his jersey.:point2sky[/QUOT

Davis is all done. He has missed time each of the last two years. I like the thought of Anderson but not sure of the money.

I like the way Mike Anderson plays, he runs hard and north south. I like it, but what about Stephen Davis? I f he is healthy. Plus Mike Anderson puts his full name on the back of his jersey.:point2sky

That would be my #1 pick would love to see Stephen back here in a redskin uniform not sure if he can stay healthy .. I think his knees are shot..

I'd expect Anderson is looking to be more than a short yardage back. That role worked great for Bettis as he was on his last leg in his career, but Anderson should look to be a larger part of an offense than just short yardage.

I'd expect Anderson is looking to be more than a short yardage back. That role worked great for Bettis as he was on his last leg in his career, but Anderson should look to be a larger part of an offense than just short yardage.

My thoughts exactly. I think Anderson will be looking for a situation where he is an every down type of back, not just short yardage. No way he comes here IMO.

Why? He's old and will command more money. We are tight w/ our cap already and to spend any kind of money on a position that we already have covered makes absolutely no sense at all.

Umm isn't Cartwright an free agent ? So how is it covered ? especially if Betts is going to be the backup to Portis..

The coaching staff already think Portis is capable to run it in the redzone. Add that Betts runs well between the tackles and we have a few FB's on the roster....IT'S NOT A NEED. Matter of fact, if I wanted to get a goaline type back for a year..."your in goood hands with Alstott!"

Matter of fact, if I wanted to get a goaline type back for a year..."your in goood hands with Alstott!"

:doh:NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Dude needs to retire, he is done. He should have retired before last year. I dont want to give him any money. Will he play for egg rolls?

The coaching staff already think Portis is capable to run it in the redzone. Add that Betts runs well between the tackles and we have a few FB's on the roster....IT'S NOT A NEED. Matter of fact, if I wanted to get a goaline type back for a year..."your in goood hands with Alstott!"

That would be a pretty good pick as well .. I know it's not a major need but I just threw that name out there to see what you guys think mostly like they will not make that attempt to go after him but I thought it would just be an interesting name to throw around..

Anderson is a proven short yardage back. Betts is good, but I'd rather have Mike Anderson. If it was up to me, I'd package Ramsey and Betts for a DE or other need position(maybe even picks) and go sign Anderson. Him and Portis would be a beastly 1-2 punch.

SD has an outside shot b/c of all the question marks regarding his injury, etc. He might be willing to back someone else up at this point. No way Anderson will accept a backup role - someone will make him a starter.

That would be a pretty good pick as well .. I know it's not a major need but I just threw that name out there to see what you guys think mostly like they will not make that attempt to go after him but I thought it would just be an interesting name to throw around..

Fair enough!! Of course, adding any talented player at any position is always good, but in this case...I think Anderson wouldn't want to play a true second fiddle spot. Anderson would know that he only has a year or two left for productivity, so he'd want to carry the rock much more than just being a GL RB.

Fair enough!! Of course, adding any talented player at any position is always good, but in this case...I think Anderson wouldn't want to play a true second fiddle spot. Anderson would know that he only has a year or two left for productivity, so he'd want to carry the rock much more than just being a GL RB.

Maybe, I should've written the post differently.. I agree he probably would want the rock in his hands more than just gl.

Archived