Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What the hell is a blog ?

Mickalino

This "blog" term seems to have just come out in the last few months, or at least that's how long I've been hearing about it. Would someone please define it, for me ? ANd tell me how it works ? Especially, as it pertains to MySpace, which I'm ALSO new to.

Its short for 'web log'. Its just a personal web diary of whats going on in someones life. Their thoughts, feelings, etc....

Not sure why someone would feel the need, but thats just me....

This "blog" term seems to have just come out in the last few months, or at least that's how long I've been hearing about it. Would someone please define it, for me ? ANd tell me how it works ? Especially, as it pertains to MySpace, which I'm ALSO new to.

It's been out for a few years now.

Few months? :laugh: Yeah...blogs have been around for years now. It was the new thing during the 2000 election I think...political blogs anyway.

Its short for 'web log'. Its just a personal web diary of whats going on in someones life. Their thoughts, feelings, etc....

Not sure why someone would feel the need, but thats just me....

I keep a blog on my website, but its only to keep my friends and family updated about what's going on out here in Hawaii. It replaces mass emails that some people don't get for one reason or another, or don't like getting mass emails...this way, they can just cruise over to my site and read about what I've been up to. I only update it maybe twice a week, three-four times on an exciting week.

There are quite a few good blogs out there that are a lot more than a diary,

just about any interest from law,politics,religion, ect.

It is kind of interesting to read first hand reports from people in Iraq or the soldiers over there. You do not get a overall picture ,but details on events direct from the witnesses are much more depth than we get from broadcast news. There are quite a few diamonds out there amongst the trash ;)

Archived