Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

It's our patriotic duty!

I don't have one, myself. I have a bit of experience with Nissans (and Hondas) in general and have test-driven a 3.5 before, though. I also used to drive around in one of my friends' 97 Maxima (basically, the predecessor to the modern Altima... the new Maximas have lost the performance edge). On the whole, Nissan/Infiniti makes great cars if you want to balance performance and luxury out at a good cost.

That was my feeling on it too. Nice to have it backed up by someone who has more experience with Nissans. My experience with foreign cars before this was, um, none. I swore I'd never buy one, but then the engine fell out of my Mustang at 9000 miles. The fuel guage went bad at 11000. The throttle assembly had to be replaced at 12000, etc, etc.

My brother bought a Z about eight months ago, and he's thrilled with it. My dad bought a pathfinder about three months later, same thing. When I started checking family cars (for the wife) and HP/torque ratings (for me), I had to go with the Nissan too. Unfortunately, the beating I took trading the Mustang in prevented me from getting the SE-R, but I'm still pretty darn happy.

That was my feeling on it too. Nice to have it backed up by someone who has more experience with Nissans. My experience with foreign cars before this was, um, none. I swore I'd never buy one, but then the engine fell out of my Mustang at 9000 miles. The fuel guage went bad at 11000. The throttle assembly had to be replaced at 12000, etc, etc.

My brother bought a Z about eight months ago, and he's thrilled with it. My dad bought a pathfinder about three months later, same thing. When I started checking family cars (for the wife) and HP/torque ratings (for me), I had to go with the Nissan too. Unfortunately, the beating I took trading the Mustang in prevented me from getting the SE-R, but I'm still pretty darn happy.

Ohhhh....... I love Z's... Though my car is almost as fast at a fraction of the price.

The sweetest little mk2 VW Golf around. Not much with the stock engine. But cost me an extra 800 to buy a VR6 which I popped in. With how light my car is with 200 hp. Ouch. :D

I've pondered gettin a WRX STi b4....that would pwn your car :D , mine now tho is truly a bucket :doh:

This is why I never, ever, EVER will even consider a Ford if I'm looking for a car. You really just need to know generally what you want out of your car and then you go to the appropriate foreign dealer. Honda/Acura and Nissan/Infiniti cover pretty much anything you could want without spending freakish amounts of money (ala German cars) or having to repair things that shouldn't break so soon on a regular basis (American cars).

Well I know a thing or two about cars and such, when I do get whatever I get it shall be fast...very fast

A friend of mine that went over to Afghan put a like 180 hp engine in one of those tiny Ford Festivas... Basically, if he can keep the tires from spinning too much, he could take like a 911.

I have always liked the Evos myself. Though the best bang for you buck is the new corvette. 60k (yeah I know. Not cheap.) but for that price you get like a 3 second car. Not cheap, but when you think about it, not expensive either. Comparativly

Archived