Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Somebody take SOW out behind the barn and Old Yeller him for that video.
Noviy God or New Year, is the most popular Russian festival. New Year traditions are centered around a New Year's Tree (conifer tree) known as Novogodnaya Yolka. In-fact there is a song dedicated to this New Year tree which is usually sung by Father Frost and children around the tree! It is decorated with sweets and special glass decorations and has a bright star on top.

The New Year in Russia cannot be visualized without the magic crowd puller Ded Moroz or Father Frost who is the Russian Santa Claus. He is accompanied by his fairy granddaughter, companion and helpmate Snegurochka or Snow Maiden. They come to greet kids with the New Year and give them long-awaited gifts. Children wait for them as they bring New Year presents and keep them under the New Year's Tree. Children sin songs to make Father Frost happy.

It is a well-known fact that the 4th of December is the date when children all over the world send letters to Santa Claus, Father Frost, Père Noël and other magical characters telling them what present they wish to get this year. Russian parents always invent some tricks so that the children thought that it is the Father Frost who came to their house and left presents for them. Therefore their parents leave a window in the living-room open, so that the kid thought Ded Moroz came through it and forgot to close. They also leave a small letter with the present “written” by the Father Frost.

My sisters ex bf has made my morning with his stupidity...its just so funny.

So she breaks up with him and doesnt want to talk with him anymore...but dip**** wont listen, so he brings her stuff over (which consisted of some shirts from Maine she bought him, a really old pair of shoes she left there, and some cds he said had their pictures on it) and they argued for a bit before he squealed his tires and left.

So, fast forward to this morning....my sister puts the cds in her computer.....the idiot must not understand computers because all he did was put pictures SHE took and had on facebook previously on a cd and gave them to her.....we sat there dumbfounded....what in the hell? I dont think he understands how computers work :rotflmao:

This clip best explains his throught process

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Guwvwp0uSU8&feature=related

Does anyone here have a ISIC card? I was thinking about getting one for when I travel to Eastern Europe over the summer

I had one when I studied abroad. I don't remember if it was really useful for much though. Can you get one if you're not actually enrolled in school while you're travelling?

---------- Post added April-11th-2011 at 09:28 AM ----------

I hate when people refer to a team as "my" team. Like "woohoo! my red sox won tonight", or "**** yea, my steelers are first in the division!"

I notice this most often with fans of bandwagon teams and/or people who like a team that's out of their area. Like Yankees, Steelers, or Red Sox fans in DC.

I had one when I studied abroad. I don't remember if it was really useful for much though. Can you get one if you're not actually enrolled in school while you're travelling?

i was just checking it out and it didnt say you had to be enrolled in a international school...it just said about being in college, which I technically am at the moment...they said all they needed was proof of enrollment

The ISIC card is available to full-time students at school, college or university, aged 12 years and above. There is no upper age limit.

Some territories prefer to issue students in the age range of 12-18 with an International Scholar Identity Card, which comes with all the same great benefits when compared to the International Student Identity Card. The term ‘Scholar’ is simply used to distinguish between cardholders that are enrolled in high school (scholars) and those that are enrolled in higher/tertiary education institutions (e.g. college or university).

WNBA draft today!!!!!!!

:ols: :doh:

I wanna get drunk and watch WNBA this season and gamble aimlessly on games with friends. I think it could be a hoot to be completely **** faced and watching a WNBA game and yelling at the TV screen because you actually have money riding on it. :rotflmao:

Damnit. The chat is moderated. I asked if the WNBA has thought about awarding points just for hitting the rim. No reply. :mad:

dont worry...you've gotta disguise your question:

[Comment From Rias Sister ]

Andrew, who do you like for the Mystics?

Andrew Rosen:

Lots of great players out there. I'm happy I don't have to make the decision!

2:46

[Comment From Ronald ]

Will we see new jersey's next season? I hope they sparkle!

2:46

Andrew Rosen:

Ronald check them out here! http://www.wnba.com/mystics/intro_onsale.html

-----------

[Comment from Ronald]

Dang Andrew, they look expensive! Do they make cheaper replicas? These gas prices are burning a hole in my pocket and I'm already in the hole with my Mystics Floor Seats

Andrew Rosen:

Not sure Ronaldo I'll see if I can find out

---------------

[Comment From NewToWNBAFan ]

Andrew, which of the Mystics players should also take up modeling?

Andrew Rosen:

NewToWNBA I had to ask Mo Currie who is here, she said...."No Idea we have too many beauties on the team."

[Comment From NewToWNBAFan ]

That's good to know - I hope Ted offers 'Who Wants to Date a Mystics Player' this season...i will be first in line

thats all me :pfft:

[Comment From Donna ]

Andrew, are you hungry? I'm making my famous Mac n Cheese right now and can swing by and bring you some if you'd like - thanks for keeping us updated!

3:25

Andrew Rosen:

Hahaha. Thanks for the offer Donna. Lots of snacking going on this room at the moment. Cookies/Chips/Sandwiches. That or chewing gum. People trying to stay calm despite the obvious excitement.

[Comment by Donna]

No problem Andrew - this kitchen is like my home, I never leave here...I've mastered the art of Mac n Cheese ...it's called Mystic Mac n Cheese on gameday! Keep up the good work!

Andrew Rosen:

Donna, getting comments from the people in the room. We might need that Mac and cheese on another day! Gotta try that out!

[Comment by Donna]

send me an email and I will be happy to do so...I also have a special bacon Mac n Cheese that goes good with cornbread - DonnaMakesThaMac@gmail.com

Andrew Rosen:

[Private Message to Donna] Dont want to post your email. But I will send you an email after the draft.

dude - who has a recipe for Mac N Cheese? They are going to send me an email once the draft is over.

holy ****ing ****.

they are trolling the troller!

People wonder why no one gives a **** about the WNBA. The Mystics "war room" just got pwned.

Did you get an email from KinderUSA about more events? Must attend! lol

:ols: I got another Thank You email yesterday.

It doesnt have to be KinderUSA, this week is Palestine Solidarity week at UMD...you could always come here and see the same people I think since its at night and they have speakers

UMD is dangerous for me. My girlfriend has too many friends around campus who can identify me LOL.

Archived