Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do animals have rights?

Cdowwe

well a cheeta decides all of a sudden hey i want to take this gazelles life away, and does it.

Since your entire contention is that mankind is above the animal kingdom, I'm not sure what your point here is.

animals deserve to be eaten, religious or not you have to accept that.

You really don't have to. There are sects of Buddhism which don't allow the consumption of any sort of animals whatsoever. Personally I love meat, and I'm comfortable eating it for a variety of reasons, but the view quoted above is an exceedingly narrow one.

Since your entire contention is that mankind is above the animal kingdom, I'm not sure what your point here is.

You really don't have to. There are sects of Buddhism which don't allow the consumption of any sort of animals whatsoever. Personally I love meat, and I'm comfortable eating it for a variety of reasons, but the view quoted above is an exceedingly narrow one.

i meant rligious becuase i thought yall like PC (which i dont so thanks for the invitation to be "frank and true"). ok then i meant christianity, even judaism aplies even if it is kosher

i meant rligious becuase i thought yall like PC (which i dont so thanks for the invitation to be "frank and true"). ok then i meant christianity, even judaism aplies even if it is kosher

Who exactly are the y'all that like political correctness? I'm just curious.

You could theoretically categorize animals and say these animals have rights, these animals don't, but then that seems very hypocritical to me. I once knew a girl (still do) who wasn't a vegetarian, but wouldn't eat the "cute" animals. Seriously. Fish were okay, because they were ugly.

Anyone heard Denis Leary's theory on this? I'll summarize:

"What are you?"

"Im an otter"

"What do you do?"

"I swim around on my back and do cute little human things with my hands"

"Youre free to go"

"What are you?"

"Im a cow"

"Get in the ****ing truck."

:laugh:

My theory: Animals dont have "rights" but what the hell is the sense in causing anything undue harm? Just makes you a sadist.

:applause::applause::applause:

Liberals and their complaints won't end until Hillary is Pres.

Could I ask you to point out the massive liberal movement to force you to give up meat? PETA and it's stance on the food chain receives the same "warm" welcome on FreeRepublic as it does on DemocraticUnderground.

Maybe I just should have wrote - "Conservatives won't bother to educate themselves before forming an opinion until El Rushbo becomes President'

Anyone heard Denis Leary's theory on this? I'll summarize:

"What are you?"

"Im an otter"

"What do you do?"

"I swim around on my back and do cute little human things with my hands"

"Youre free to go"

"What are you?"

"Im a cow"

"Get in the ****ing truck."

:laugh:

That CD has been coming up a lot lately!!! :laugh: I used to know that entire CD by heart!! I think that was one of the reasons I found this chick to be so funny...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ahhh good old Jrock with a timely "liberal" response:D

I believe animals should be slaughtered humanely. The cow, let's face it, is bred to be our food. Its been that way for forever...they are domesticated for one purpose; our food and milk. However, I do believe we owe it to them to at least kill them as painlessly as possible. I won't eat at KFC because they refuse to live up to animal cruelty standards (the only fast-food joint that doesn't). By the way, if you eat at KFC and you posted you don't think animals should be tortured, you are a walking contradiction.

EDIT: I just realized I made a wierd jump from cows to chickens...but I think the same thing applies to chickens as cows; they are bred to be our food and they deserve to be killed humanely.

how you like your steak Jrock? im partial to medium rare or rare, if its still mooing its just really fresh:D , and it has to be bleeding to get tste and texture

Cooking a steak anything more than medium rare is post-humous animal abuse.

I don't support the animal "rights" movement because I don't think animals should have "rights" in the sense that humans do. I do however support the animal welfare movement - and am all for stiff penalties for those that torture animals. People that take pleasure in dealing out pain sicken me and I like the idea of society delivering the message that such people are not wanted and will not be tolerated.

I am with you Dest. Their is a film that just came on HBO dealing with this.

http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/dealingdogs/index.html

Dealing Dogs

Each year, 42,000 dogs are sold to veterinary schools and research labs by Class B dealers, who are required by federal law to buy the animals from pounds, shelters and small breeders and to treat them humanely. However, many Class B dealers violate the law. DEALING DOGS exposes the abuses that took place at one of America's most notorious Class B dealers - Martin Creek Kennel in Arkansas

It's truly ruff to watch. Seeing a human being put a gun to a dogs head and pull the trigger. I couldn't take it.

It's truly ruff to watch. Seeing a human being put a gun to a dogs head and pull the trigger. I couldn't take it.

HAHA. ruff.

Seriously though, someone mentioned Animals don't have souls. The Catholic church does have an annual blessing of the Pets in honor of St Francis of Assisi

So let me tell you all a story. And this will probably make some of you made.

I once had a tarantula named Tequila, he was a good spider, although he was "smuggled" here from Brazil by my uncle (He was still very much fangy and venomous). He was a great conversation piece and enjoyed eating mice. Well my favorite uncle (the one that got me Tequila) "smuggled" a black king scorpion from Mexico back to me. Well my dumb brother stuck that scorpion in the cage with Tequila and it killed that tarantula in a matter of minutes. We were so made that it killed Tequila that we let it starve to death.

Now my question to you is: Were we cruel and unusual to the scorpion? Did we violate its rights (we did forego the jury trial)?

Plus is throwing cats out a 2 story window considered bad?

I am with you Dest. Their is a film that just came on HBO dealing with this.

http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/dealingdogs/index.html

Dealing Dogs

Each year, 42,000 dogs are sold to veterinary schools and research labs by Class B dealers, who are required by federal law to buy the animals from pounds, shelters and small breeders and to treat them humanely. However, many Class B dealers violate the law. DEALING DOGS exposes the abuses that took place at one of America's most notorious Class B dealers - Martin Creek Kennel in Arkansas

The worst part is that only time these violators seem to get caught is when some kid with a camera catches them. Who the hell is enforcing these laws? Seems like it would be pretty easy to send someone for an unscheduled visit once a year.

I once had a tarantula named Tequila, he was a good spider, although he was "smuggled" here from Brazil by my uncle (He was still very much fangy and venomous). He was a great conversation piece and enjoyed eating mice. Well my favorite uncle (the one that got me Tequila) "smuggled" a black king scorpion from Mexico back to me. Well my dumb brother stuck that scorpion in the cage with Tequila and it killed that tarantula in a matter of minutes. We were so made that it killed Tequila that we let it starve to death.

Now my question to you is: Were we cruel and unusual to the scorpion? Did we violate its rights (we did forego the jury trial)?

Yes

No.

We were so made that it killed Tequila that we let it starve to death.

Are you serious? If you are, that is sick and psychopathic. Who was that scorpion bothering when it was taken out of its habitat? I guess the scoorpion had a right to live, and not be starved to death. So yeah, in a sense you did violate the rights of that paticular animal. It is not so much a "right" as it is the right thing to do.

Man....I thought you were kidding about punting cats in the cat thread, but now I'm not so sure. You're sick...seek help.

Archived