Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Dubai be allowed to Control the Port (poll)

ChocolateCitySkin

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Curious as to how people generally felt about this issue.
saying yes is like saying, "yes i would like the terrorist free acses to smugling nuclear suitcase bombs into our country! yes i would like mass murder to be daily here, yes i would like to die!"

congress better step in or I WILL

The Dubai company should operate it, our customs service and border patrol should secure it
ok so would you rather a foriegn country to control our ports when all the liberals are whinning about our countrys economy??? if there was a fencing/swordfighting smliley i would put that where the X is, "X and touche!" stop whining about our good economy with only a 4.8 national unemployment rating (cant bring the other stats up off the top of my head, but they DO prove my point) if you want foriegn countries unlimited acsess to our trade ports, it contradicts liberal view points. but that is just one aspect, the UAE is known to house terrorists, so i really dont think there is much to debate

the equivalent to this would be to let the Japs take control of midway freely in 1942; first rule of battle do NOT give your enemy the advantage, second rule: do NOT make his job easier

ok so would you rather a foriegn country to control our ports when all the liberals are whinning about our countrys economy??? if there was a fencing/swordfighting smliley i would put that where the X is, "X and touche!" stop whining about our good economy with only a 4.8 national unemployment rating (cant bring the other stats up off the top of my head, but they DO prove my point) if you want foriegn countries unlimited acsess to our trade ports, it contradicts liberal view points. but that is just one aspect, the UAE is known to house terrorists, so i really dont think there is much to debate

the equivalent to this would be to let the Japs take control of midway freely in 1942; first rule of battle do NOT give your enemy the advantage, second rule: do NOT make his job easier

Umm first of all calling me a liberal is like calling Jimmy Carter conservative :laugh:

2nd of all, if you want to put a major dent in Osama's pardigam, as well as help the people of the Middle East (because after all that is why we are there right?) you cooperate economically as much as possible. Ultimately our ideals will follow our commerce into these nations

Dubai is one of the more progressive states in the middle east. Doing business with them is a smart idea, it is an emerging tiger over there

But if you want us to show that we are interested in isolating terrorists and not Muslims, then we make this move, and have the US border patrol there, and customs, and make every worker there get TSSCI access to work there

I vote yes... they should be allowed.

It wasn't Muslim companies that attacked us on 9-11. It was Muslim extremists. Hell... the Muslim establishment (Pakistan) has helped us turn over some of these Al Queda clowns.

If we let a foreign country control it at all... it wasn't a big deal to begin with.

Umm first of all calling me a liberal is like calling Jimmy Carter conservative :laugh:

2nd of all, if you want to put a major dent in Osama's pardigam, as well as help the people of the Middle East (because after all that is why we are there right?) you cooperate economically as much as possible. Ultimately our ideals will follow our commerce into these nations

Dubai is one of the more progressive states in the middle east. Doing business with them is a smart idea, it is an emerging tiger over there

But if you want us to show that we are interested in isolating terrorists and not Muslims, then we make this move, and have the US border patrol there, and customs, and make every worker there get TSSCI access to work there

well for the record i didnt mean to call YOU a liberal, i just wanted to say that their whole idea on the economy is flawed if they want to hand over control of the port to the arabs. also when you say that it will have a "trickle down effect" on the middle east its not a risk im willing to take; there are other ways to reach out to them economically than handing over our ports to them. to tell you the truth i wouldnt even let canada or britain run any of our ports. the only country i truley trust is australia, britain a close second, but this is OUR country, not theirs, let them trade with us not control our trade (same aplies to chinese business takeovers)

well for the record i didnt mean to call YOU a liberal, i just wanted to say that their whole idea on the economy is flawed if they want to hand over control of the port to the arabs. also when you say that it will have a "trickle down effect" on the middle east its not a risk im willing to take; there are other ways to reach out to them economically than handing over our ports to them. to tell you the truth i wouldnt even let canada or britain run any of our ports. the only country i truley trust is australia, britain a close second, but this is OUR country, not theirs, let them trade with us not control our trade (same aplies to chinese business takeovers)

Britian did control the port though. The Dubai company bought out the British company and that is where we are today

It is not about the trickle down effect, it is about the PR effect. In essence if we block this deal we are saying "all you Muslims are no good terrorists"

Yeah, that is going to play over real well. This will be frontpage news in every paper in the middle east if its blocked

Britian did control the port though. The Dubai company bought out the British company and that is where we are today

It is not about the trickle down effect, it is about the PR effect. In essence if we block this deal we are saying "all you Muslims are no good terrorists"

Yeah, that is going to play over real well. This will be frontpage news in every paper in the middle east if its blocked

its a risk i think america cannot take, i mean what if you are wrong what does that do for us? if im wrong at least no one dies

its a risk i think america cannot take, i mean what if you are wrong what does that do for us? if im wrong at least no one dies

You really don;t think nobody dies if you are wrong? This is going to be a HUGE propaganda tool

Like I said it'll be front page news

"US Congress blocks Dubai company from port purchase" with a one sided article. It will further show this is not a war against terror, but a war against all Muslims because clearly Muslims and terrorists are the same and therefore a Muslim company cannot assume ownership of a US port

Who ****ing cares at this point about how muslims feel? If their so called "moderates" don't make a stand against fundamentalist but have the gall to claim discrimination **** em. It's much easier to beat up on America than to beat up on their own culture. Why because we'll accept guilt. As a religion they can't differentiate themselves from their "counterparts" enough for there not to be a blatant public outcry. So why should americans be expected to differentiate between the two. And what logical reason have we been given? I'm not going on blind faith and buying into the pc nonsense that some of the utopian visionaries cling to here.

Who ****ing cares at this point about how muslims feel? If their so called "moderates" don't make a stand against fundamentalist but have the gall to claim discrimination **** em. It's much easier to beat up on America than to beat up on their own culture. Why because we'll accept guilt. As a religion they can't differentiate themselves from their "counterparts" enough for there not to be a blatant public outcry. So why should americans be expected to differentiate between the two. And what logical reason have we been given? I'm not going on blind faith and buying into the pc nonsense that some of the utopian visionaries cling to here.

Tell me the last time an American born Muslim bombed something inside US borders

I just wish I knew how to create a "large public outcry" against terrorists. I will work on making it happen tommorow

Well, ultra right wing Skinsfan13 is debating with right wing SkinsHokieFan on the merits of allowing a UAE owned company to own six ports in the U.S. Please, keep going.

:laugh:

Can we label myself as a classic liberal with hawkish foreign policy,who happens to be a Muslim born in America but able to see the forest through the trees?

Thanks ;)

Tell me the last time an American born Muslim bombed something inside US borders

I just wish I knew how to create a "large public outcry" against terrorists. I will work on making it happen tommorow

Exactly the take charge attitude that leads to some of us moving towards a more hardlined stance.

Malvo shot a bunch of people. Isn't that good enough?

This is a tough call. It is unfortunate that the Administration has not said anything besides the standard "follow orders or die" statements they usually put out. It would be nice to see the reasoning behind the decision. However, that would be too much to ask from this administration.

You guys act like the Dubai people don't care about the money at all. They aren't just getting control of running American ports, but also ports in India and Austrailia. It's more likely something bad will happen in some other port before America. Oh by the way, if something does go wrong... bye-bye money.

Bottom line: If something happens, Dubai will be no more.

Terrorists are just as likely to set up a cell in the local Deerborn, MI, Toledo, OH, or Lackawanna, NY... McDonalds.... remember... they aren't a stupid enemy...

Archived