Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Post has us trimming our 2006 cap number from $113 million to below $90 million..

wilbur58z

All true.

However, just assume for a minute the CBA gets extended. When will be the next/official cap hell year?

And also please provide evidence of when you said this last year. And make sure your quotes reference a CBA extension. Otherwise you were just another chicken little proclaiming perenial cap hell in Washington.

Do a search I mentioned the total charges for the Redskins last season.

If it gets extended then Dan S pushes the cap problem further into the future

Do a search I mentioned the total charges for the Redskins last season.

If it gets extended then Dan S pushes the cap problem further into the future

Okay did a search. I assume you are referencing this thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1460149#post1460149

Did some research here is what I found for 2006 cap numbers

Ramsey 2.882

Brunell 5.433

Portis 5.476 mill

Moss 4.260

Cornelius Griffin 4.883 mill

Phillip Daniels 2.6 mill

Renaldo Wynn 3.453 mill

Marcus Washington 5.167 mill

Arrington 12.141

Springs 5.558 mill

Hall 1.42 mill

Samuels 6.182 mill

Barrow 3.417

Bowen 2.4

Walt Harris 2.250

Jansen 5.603

McCants 2.167

Noble 2.150

Taylor 3.120

Randy Thomas 4.912

Thrash 1.125

Raymer 1.119

Rabach 1.045

Patten 2.447

Total for 24 players 91.21 Million or approximately 5.7 million over

this years cap number. Now last season the cap increased by about

5 million Dollars which has been about the average increase in the

cap every year since 1998. The largest increase ever has been

10.9 mill increase from the 1997 to 1998 cap. So averaging 10.9 and

5 mill is 7.95 mill So we will say next years cap increases 7.95 million

then the NFL will have a cap of 93.45 and the above 24 players accounting

for 91.21 million of that leaving 2.24 Million in cap room for the other

29 players on their roster.

Show me where you take into account an extension of the CBA.....or a lack there of.

I assume if you don't then you take the position, and you were taking the position last year, that someday no matter what the Redskins will be in cap hell.........right?

Does anyone else feel like having an anuerism?

I am just laughing at how much time the wannabee accountants are spending on stuff they quite frankly do not know enough about to make judgements on

I felt sorry for AdamjT13 when in a post I saw he crunched our cap numbers for each player for a few hours. Thanks for doing that, but come on, you have to have better things to do :doh:

Okay did a search. I assume you are referencing this thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1460149#post1460149

Show me where you take into account an extension of the CBA.....or a lack there of.

I assume if you don't then you take the position, and you were taking the position last year, that someday no matter what the Redskins will be in cap hell.........right?

Why would I have been taking into account an extension? My numbers were based on the realities that actually exist right now. The fact that so much money is tied up into so few players was the point I was making. I also guessed pretty damn close to what the cap will be too. lol

Why would I have been taking into account an extension? My numbers were based on the realities that actually exist right now. The fact that so much money is tied up into so few players was the point I was making. I also guessed pretty damn close to what the cap will be too. lol

So does that mean that you don't think the Skins can avoid cap hell this year WITH a CBA extension?

Yes or No.

So does that mean that you don't think the Skins can avoid cap hell this year WITH a CBA extension?

Yes or No.

With a CBA extension, things might be tight, but it will be business as usual.

BTW, this is what I'm predicting. I'm putting it down now to ward off all the "I TOLD YOU SO WESTBROOK" threads that will be coming down range once the CBA is extended. :laugh:

With a CBA extension, things might be tight, but it will be business as usual.

BTW, this is what I'm predicting. I'm putting it down now to ward off all the "I TOLD YOU SO WESTBROOK" threads that will be coming down range once the CBA is extended. :laugh:

You know better than that. Beating people here to the punch won't stop the "I told you so" threads. :laugh:

They can continue to push money forward, but it gets tighter every year. Even with a new CBA I wouldnt expect any big FA additions

So yes you think the team can avoid cap hell with a CBA extension?

And if yes does the following no longer apply??????:

This is the year I have been saying since last year. and its not "Redskins haters" even Other redskins sites are publishing articles on how bad it could get with no new CBA

More specifically, you were WRONG last year and you are going to continue to predict cap hell every year until it happens?

Just wondering.

So yes you think the team can avoid cap hell with a CBA extension?

And if yes does the following no longer apply??????:

More specifically, you were WRONG last year and you are going to continue to predict cap hell every year until it happens?

Just wondering.

your argument is getting lame first I dont "predict cap hell" every year. I have done it once for this year and so far I am seemingly correct.

Its also obvious your version of cap hell is different than mine. In my opinion being so tight against the cap that you have to redo contracts to get under the cap and then can not make significant improvments on your team then you are in cap hell.

You guys are behind a little. It looks like the Redskins will squeeze by with their critical players intact if there is no extension and then just wait until the cap goes away completely to be agressive again. If there is an extension then the Redskins will be going after the free agents they need in '06 with the same old fury. Read some of the other cap threads.

You guys are behind a little. It looks like the Redskins will squeeze by with their critical players intact if there is no extension and then just wait until the cap goes away completely to be agressive again. If there is an extension then the Redskins will be going after the free agents they need in '06 with the same old fury. Read some of the other cap threads.

I don't believe they will squeeze by with their critical players intact. This is a dream scenario, written by someone with burgandy and gold glasses on, to think of ANY WAY the Skins can avoid disaster. As soon as players start agreeing to these ridiculous deals, then you can all start E-patting yourselves on the back. :laugh:

your argument is getting lame first I dont "predict cap hell" every year. I have done it once for this year and so far I am seemingly correct.

Its also obvious your version of cap hell is different than mine. In my opinion being so tight against the cap that you have to redo contracts to get under the cap and then can not make significant improvments on your team then you are in cap hell.

Why are you getting so agitated? I am just trying to get a good feel for your thoughts on this issue so we can revisit them later.

Now, you have allready said that with a CBA extension they can push the dollars out to future years.......but.......in those future years the cap is going to get tighter and tighter. Right?

So essentially, by your own definition of cap hell, the team will be in perennial cap hell for years to come? Isn't that sort of like predicting cap hell for years other than the current one?

I don't believe they will squeeze by with their critical players intact. This is a dream scenario, written by someone with burgandy and gold glasses on, to think of ANY WAY the Skins can avoid disaster. As soon as players start agreeing to these ridiculous deals, then you can all start E-patting yourselves on the back. :laugh:

I don't know this stuff as well as WB but from what I have read he is correct that. We need a CBA extension.

Yeah, because The CryGirls have done exceedingly well for themselves in the area of personnel improvements. The fact of the matter is that: (1) Dan Snyder beats the cap every year and manages to add high quality personnel and (2) It's paying off as witnessed last season sweeping, then knocking the Cowpukes out of the playoffs and on to the divisional playoffs. Where were Jerrah and Tuna? Oh, that's right - they were doing the same exact thing you did: sitting @ home watching real teams in the playoffs.

Part of the reason why the NFL Draft would go away in 2008, along with the reason for the uncapped year in 2007, is to create an incentive to renew the deal. Neither the owners or the players have any incentive to let everything blow up anytime in the future. Ultimately this pressure will force both sides to get a deal done.

With all of the resources available to this site can we not get someone from the team with some real live knowledge of the situation to give us a synopsis of what we are looking at on this deal?

Art? DH? Bubba? Any chance you guys can ask for some info, a statement, anything?

Yeah, because The CryGirls have done exceedingly well for themselves in the area of personnel improvements. The fact of the matter is that: (1) Dan Snyder beats the cap every year and manages to add high quality personnel and (2) It's paying off as witnessed last season sweeping, then knocking the Cowpukes out of the playoffs and on to the divisional playoffs. Where were Jerrah and Tuna? Oh, that's right - they were doing the same exact thing you did: sitting @ home watching real teams in the playoffs.

I notice you are trying to make what has been a very good thread into a "my team is better than your team" and a flame war, sorry no dice. Lets stick to the subject at hand shall we?

Archived