Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins first pick in the draft?

H4172tehR3d5k1n5

Derek HaganHeight: 6-2 | Weight: 202 | 40-Time: 4.54 derekhagan.jpg

Official Bio

three.gif Strengths:

Has solid size...Is a smart and cagey receiver who just knows how to get open...Runs good routes...Is more quick than fast...Tough and will lay his body on the line...Does a solid job of running after the catch...Never gives up on a play...Adjusts well to bad throws...Overachiever who gets the most out of his ability...Very productive...The type who does everything well but nothing great.

Weaknesses:

Does not have great pure speed...Is not a deep threat...Will still drop some catchable passes and hands are somewhat questionable...May have trouble separating from pro defensive backs...Is not a great blocker...Does not work the middle of the field much...May not have a lot of upside at the next level.

Notes:

An excellent college receiver who you have to temper your excitement about as a prospect due to his lack of ideal physical tools...Can be a great #2 receiver in the pros but to expect much more from him is probably being a little too optimistic.

posted from nfldraftcountdown.com

Weaknesses:

Does not have great pure speed...Is not a deep threat...Will still drop some catchable passes and hands are somewhat questionable...May have trouble separating from pro defensive backs...Is not a great blocker...Does not work the middle of the field much...May not have a lot of upside at the next level. posted from nfldraftcountdown.com

lol is this why we should get him:laugh:

Weaknesses:

Does not have great pure speed...Is not a deep threat...Will still drop some catchable passes and hands are somewhat questionable...May have trouble separating from pro defensive backs...Is not a great blocker...Does not work the middle of the field much...May not have a lot of upside at the next level.

This guy has already played for the Redskins

I believe his name was Rod Gardner

:laugh:

People still on the "wide receiver" bandwagon?

Will this be the 15th year in a row we don't address the pass rushing situation?

If some of these "fans" had their way it would.

hold your horses, let the man start a thread...i mean we do need a pass rushing DE, but isnt it more probable that we could pick up Vanden Bosch or Abraham in free agency than draft one?

Dont imply that hes not a fan just because he sees WR's more important that DE's at the moment.

hold your horses, let the man start a thread...i mean we do need a pass rushing DE, but isnt it more probable that we could pick up Vanden Bosch or Abraham in free agency than draft one?

Dont imply that hes not a fan just because he sees WR's more important that DE's at the moment.

That's exactly the problem. For the umpteenth year we have people wanting everything BUT a pass rushing end while Dallas and Philadelphia add to their defense.

Yeah, lets "draft" another wide receiver. Tell me the last rookie wide receiver that actually made an impact on one team. Let alone name me 3.

That's exactly the problem. For the umpteenth year we have people wanting everything BUT a pass rushing end while Dallas and Philadelphia add to their defense.

Yeah, lets "draft" another wide receiver. Tell me the last rookie wide receiver that actually made an impact on one team. Let alone name me 3.

Braylon Edwards + Reggie Brown.

Personally I would rather go for best player available there out of a range of options rather than just reach for a guy because he is a WR or DE. I wouldn't be displeased if we picked up an offensive linesman, a cornerback or safety . The only places I cannot see using a No.2 pick on are QB, RB, and LB - pending the LaVar issue.

I understand what people are saying about the players we need but lets not just reach for anyone who vaguely meets out needs and certainly not for a guy like Derek Hagan who just simply doesn’t seem to fit our offensive system . The No1 and 2 receivers on this team have to be big time speedsters with real play making ability because they might only get 5-10 passes thrown at them all game, the slot or No3. receiver most likely Thrash/Cooley/Sellars at the moment are the bigger targets who have to excel at other things like blocking and making those essential 3rd down conversions. The knock on Hagen is he is inconsistent and cannot block, much like our other big receivers who have come and gone McCants and Gardner, I know people are looking for the next Monk but he was special so with no disrespect for the original poster but this shouldn't be the redskins No1. pick ...next !

Fundamentally, I agree with you. We should draft defense. But to argue that rookie WRs don't ever make an impact is plain stupid. Use a smarter argument.

Anquan Boldin

Roy Williams

Michael Clayton

All had big rookie years in the last few seasons. There are busts and stars as rookies at every position.

Fundamentally, I agree with you. We should draft defense. But to argue that rookie WRs don't ever make an impact is plain stupid. Use a smarter argument.

Anquan Boldin

Roy Williams

Michael Clayton

All had big rookie years in the last few seasons. There are busts and stars as rookies at every position.

And 2 of those got injured. Or was it all 3?

Daryl Tapp would be the PERFECT fit here but I seriously doubt he lasts till 53.

He is a lunchpail guy, he won the lunchpail award basically every week in VA Tech for being the blue collar player of the week.

He is excellent against the run and is a solid pass rusher.

Tapp on the Skins is a match made in heaven.

As far as this Derek Hagan kid goes, bah no thanks. Sounds like another Rod Gardner.

Archived