Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

R we developing a rivalry with TB

CrossWalker

Next season's game against Tampa will mark a 4th meeting in 3 seasons since Coach Gibbs' return to the Skins. I see no reason why the next match won't be just as blood and guts as the previous three have been. With so many head to head matches in such a short period I get the feeling that the Skins and Buccs are getting almost as acquainted with each other as you would normally see between division opponents.

I see a new rivalry here. Both teams like to gut punch on offense and play ferocious defense, what do you guys think?

I think we are. The only teams I hate more than Tampa Bay are our NFC East rivals and I'm sure that Tampa fans hate us even more right now. Too bad we can't play them at FedEx next year. (maybe in the playoffs?)

I REALLY hope that Marcus Washington puts a hellacious hit on Chris Simms in that game next year. Someone's gotta' teach that little **** about taunting defenses...

I played HS ball against Jon Wade, starting C for TB. Saw him several days ago and said it was two fun games against the Skins this yr. After a few minutes, in a joking manner, I told him to step up and admit that Alstott DID NOT get in. LOL, as a Bucs player, I got the :shutup: response.

All the personal bashing aside.... Why have we played them every year for the last 3? How does the NFL make schedules?, and how did we come to play the Bucs this much? Have we ever played a none NFC East team as much?

Hmmmmmmmm???

The NFL pretty much set the schedule up for the next few years. One thing is they dont have the time or week. This year Skins playing the NFC and AFC South. Last season Skins play the AFC and NFC West. Based on division standings in 04' The Skins play a NFC South team in 05' that was in 4th place (Bucs).

Example The Redskins finish 2nd in NFC East. This year were playing the NFC and AFC South. Also playing one NFC West and North team. Since St. Louis finish second in the NFCW we play them and Minnesota finish 2nd in NFCN so the Skins play them as well. I hope I didnt confuse you.

thats y i wasnt even bashing him i was asking a question and you really must not be too smart if you thought me saying "wasnt there a thread on this subject" was bashing him
You were asking a question that had already been asked at least 3 times before you had asked it. Maybe the Mods should construct a search function in each thread for smart guys like yourself.
didnt make a thread on this exact topic like 2 weeks ago?
I hate it when my intelligence is questioned by someone who speaks like a dazed and confused Charlie Chan. But I guess anything can happen when a board gets this popular. :)

I'd say we've had a nasty little rivalry going back to the Norv days. i can remember one game in particular in I think 1996 or 97 .. we played them twice within 3 weeks in the regular season for some reason... and the first one was in their house.. it was a nasty game with some seriously vicious hitting..

I remember it started on the opening kick,, Brian Mitchell got just leveled, and got up and started a fight. After that it turned into just a brawl.. there was a BS TD given to Tampa on a sideline catch made in front of Green, they got away with a controversial win,, and since then every game has been a war.

We have playoff history, and it always seems to be a tight, bloody TKO of a game.

Definitely a rivalry there.

~Bang

You were asking a question that had already been asked at least 3 times before you had asked it. Maybe the Mods should construct a search function in each thread for smart guys like yourself.

I hate it when my intelligence is questioned by someone who speaks like a dazed and confused Charlie Chan. But I guess anything can happen when a board gets this popular. :)

Who cares who started what man. All I know is that I want the rivarlies to stay outside of Extreme Skins. please stop the bashing of each other :doh: :cheers: .

With that being said I do not like the Bucs, I even got me a slogan "BUC UP THE BUCS" if you get me.

Defineately, I hate them after Pittman got up in Sean's face and called him a name causing Sean to get kicked out of the game. Pittman is a low life thug wife beater.
I understand what you are saying, but I just have a hard time hating a team for one mans actions.

It is on record that Pittman has some very cowardly doings that he is going to have to deal with for the rest of his life. But I for one like it when we go to Tampa or they come to us. You know that there is always going to be some good, hard hitting football to watch.

BTW, I am still a Sean Taylor fan and I think that he is a tremendous talent. But, if he had done what he did to Pittman, to someone else on the streets, he might have caught himself a serious beat down. It's all a matter of catching the right one, at the right time, in the right place.

I say to someone else because I consider Pittman a coward and if it were on the streets and it wasn't a woman who spat in his face, I don't believe that he would have done a damn thing.

Man there's alot of snow here...sheesh!

Archived