Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kornheiser to Join ESPN's 'Monday Night Football' (MERGED)

@DCGoldPants

"P.S. Can't help thinking how cool it would be if they used Wilbon as the sideline reporter instead that dippy Suzy gal."

why? all game long we'ld have to listen to him opine how rascist NFL policies are responsible for the limited numbers of minority water boys on the sidelines.

Tirico is pretty solid. He'll be just fine.

Tony will be good - I think. Mainly because we've all seen Dennis Miller crash and burn, badly. Tony will be very careful to prepare and stick close to football to avoid Dennis comparisons. If Dennis Miller hadn't come before, I'd have been more worried.

My biggest worry is Theisman. While I love what he did for the Skins, I just can't stand him as a broadcaster. We'll see...

I haven't read the whole three pages of this thread so I'm not sure if anyone has asked, but is NBC having Sunday night games????

ABC and ESPN flip-flopped schedules. ABC has Sunday Night, and ESPN is doing Monday Nights. Also, no more Sunday Night Prime Time on ESPN. NBC is going to be having games on Thursday's I believe.

"This guy is a joke. Why?"

he's an entertainer....not a sports analyst.....unless, of course, that's what you want.

"Tony will be fine. Like Miller, he's witty and can think on his feet. Unlike Miller, he's a sports guy and actually has a clue."

totally disagree. TK is rather like Entertainment Tonight for Sports. It's all mindless ****ter intended to convince us how clever (usually not) he can be without any real substance. not only that...but he doesn't really seem to have a screen presence to me. the cutesy stuff (good night Canada) won't fly during a 3 hour broadcast. btw....what the *ell does Wilbon's TV viewing habits have to do with Sports! talk about filling in the gaps!!!!

Bang, Zoom, Zip.

As for Hometown Tony LOL....someone remind someone who thinks this guy is local. He is an angry New Yorker stuck in DCLand. Wilbon a testy Chicagoan stuck here as well....these two are anything but local.

But when Korndog stinks it up everyone is gonna think DC is a joke of a sports town because Korny "represents" DC as a writer for the Post.

Whats next Czaben on the sidelines???

How about Andy Pollie in the locker room doing postgame interviews!!!!

The 3 stooges together forever!!! :D

"This guy is a joke. Why?"

he's an entertainer....not a sports analyst.....unless, of course, that's what you want.

"Tony will be fine. Like Miller, he's witty and can think on his feet. Unlike Miller, he's a sports guy and actually has a clue."

totally disagree. TK is rather like Entertainment Tonight for Sports. It's all mindless ****ter intended to convince us how clever (usually not) he can be without any real substance. not only that...but he doesn't really seem to have a screen presence to me. the cutesy stuff (good night Canada) won't fly during a 3 hour broadcast. btw....what the *ell does Wilbon's TV viewing habits have to do with Sports! talk about filling in the gaps!!!!

It does not take rocket science to comment on a football game...people are acting like TK is the only one in the booth and he is doing play by play and color commentary all at the same time....RELAX people...I think you will all survive.

"It does not take rocket science to comment on a football game...people are acting like TK is the only one in the booth and he is doing play by play and color commentary all at the same time....RELAX people...I think you will all survive."

it was a subjective question. you are free to munge on any pap you like!

Why all the comments about a lack of knowledge of the sport by Tony K??? He is MUCH MUCH more knowledgable than Howard Cossell was when he started on MNF. And Tony is set up to fill the same role as Cossell. Tony will be GREAT at it. This is a team that looks like it could really mesh. That mess that Joe T. was with the past few years was an embarrassment. Really looking forward to this new MNF team!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think some of you forget that Tony left radio before.

This time with this type of job will be completely different. I cant imagine that he will be on the radio morning show anymore.

As far as PTI, it has already been reported that Tony and Mike will do PTI from the site of the MNF game.

If Kornheiser will be anything like Norman Chad for the WSOP, then I think it's a great move. Unfortunately, Theismann is so clearly the most irritating human being in sports television history that I won't be enjoying the broadcast no matter who is in the both.

Who can ever forget his comment during the Jets game about how Jim Haslett (2-9 at the time) should be coach of the year? I think it's an ESPN thing, the more loud, stupid, and obnoxious you are (see Michael Irvin) the longer you will be employed.

TK and MT = good

JT = please retire

Is everyone a Tony-hater? Stand up Tony fans! Who is with me?! Jeez, I'm sick of everyone hating Kornheiser. If you hate him, then there is basically no hope for you to like any commentators. Give the guy a chance and stop complaining before he even gives you anything to complain about.

Archived