Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What if Favre were a Redskin?

AllRedskinsAllTheTime

I don't think that he can just relearn a different style of offense if he were to come here. Maybe when Marty was still here.

All Favre knows is football, his brain is filled with it, he probably knows no other skill, he can learn whatever scheme

hello he was behind a terrible OL and no talent at wr and rb spots, what do you expect he had to force the issue to give them a chance, if you do not think we would have better with Brett at QB then it is clear you do not understand football.

If he had other players that could help he wouldn't have forced the issue.

I'm not saying we wouldn't be better, im just saying that i don't see the desire anymore that Brett is so famous for.

I'm not saying we wouldn't be better, im just saying that i don't see the desire anymore that Brett is so famous for.

if he was contending for the title, it would be ther, his eyes will start lighting up, who can feel good about getting beaten every game

I'm actually surprised this hasn't come up sooner on this forum. It's something that I'd like to see happen.

Farve still can win ball games and even though I like Brunell he is not the same caliber of QB that Farve is.

Green Bay is in a total rebuilding situation and they most likely want to start their young QB so he gets through his growing pains in the NFL at the same time the team does.

The Redskins on the other had are closing in on a Super Bowl level team and the only reason JC hasn't been named the QB already is that we want the experience in there to get us back into the Super Bowl.

Farve can give us 2 things.

1) A year or two of making solid runs at the Super Bowl because he can still get the job done as long as he has the talent around him, which we do.

2) It can give JC another awesome QB to learn from prior to getting in there. Who wouldn't want their young QB learning and studying a legend and working with him on the practice field?

I doubt it will ever happen. I'm pretty sure Brett will choose to retire in Green bay. But I still think if we had the opportunity that it would benefit us in the long run.

I see what your saying but: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1028

He was drafted and played (very little) for ATL already.

Seriously, though, who remembers that? Just like nobody thinks of the Jets when they think Art Monk, or KC when they think Joe Montana. Montana was in KC for several years, and yet even KC fans who were around during that time think of Joe in a 49ers uniform nowadays when you hear his name.

Having Favre put in a year or two here would only be memorable if the season was astounding and he was the primary reason the SB got won. I think he's a great player, and it would be interesting to see him in B&G, but I still think of Doug Williams in a Tampa uniform when somebody mentions his name.

Favre will always be wearing a green jersey and crappy yellow helmet in my mind when somebody mentions his name.

I'm actually surprised this hasn't come up sooner on this forum. It's something that I'd like to see happen.

Farve still can win ball games and even though I like Brunell he is not the same caliber of QB that Farve is.

Green Bay is in a total rebuilding situation and they most likely want to start their young QB so he gets through his growing pains in the NFL at the same time the team does.

The Redskins on the other had are closing in on a Super Bowl level team and the only reason JC hasn't been named the QB already is that we want the experience in there to get us back into the Super Bowl.

Farve can give us 2 things.

1) A year or two of making solid runs at the Super Bowl because he can still get the job done as long as he has the talent around him, which we do.

2) It can give JC another awesome QB to learn from prior to getting in there. Who wouldn't want their young QB learning and studying a legend and working with him on the practice field?

I doubt it will ever happen. I'm pretty sure Brett will choose to retire in Green bay. But I still think if we had the opportunity that it would benefit us in the long run.

Sure that would be great but who says Favre would do it? At the beginning of this season he publicly stated that it's not his job to get Aaron ready to play.

Sure that would be great but who says Favre would do it? At the beginning of this season he publicly stated that it's not his job to get Aaron ready to play.

True he might not, I didn't know that he said that. He would be in a slightly different situation though. I'm assuming he would come in knowing he would only be here for a year or two before JC took over rather than being in a situation where you're teaching and preparing the guy who is going to take over your legacy in Green Bay.

Even if he didn't work with JC off the field, there is a lot JC could pick up by just being around him and watching from the sidelines.

Again, I don't see it ever happening but it was something that I would have liked to see happen.

Last year it was mentioned that if we were to cut Mark Brunell it would have to be this year because of the hit we would have taken had we cut him last year. The fact that he had a decent season, coupled with the fact that we lack another viable option, especially if we hope to build on last year, has saved him his job. But, what if we cut him, and traded for Brett Favre in a way similar to how we traded for Brunell. Favre should want out if he doesn't already. What a better way to retire then winning a super bowl or two? I mean, I'm not suggesting we give up a second round pick, or a star player, just a small package that green bay would be interested in. For them, with a team that can't win with Favre, and a team who isn't going to make Favre comfortable with staying unretired, it'd make sense for them to get what they can before he splits. Here we can offer him talent, so he doesn't have to take all the pressure on himself, great coaches, great owners, great fans, and a chance to restore his legacy after last year.

Favre may have had a bad year, but theres no doubt in my mind that he would lead us farther than Brunell, especially with the talent we have here in Washington, and the Coaching staff. Plus, Favre, unlike Brunell, has a reputation for staying healthy, and when he isn’t, playing through injuries. What do you all think? :helmet:

Got the idea from the following article, which is just speculation, but it makes sense:http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=whitlock/060202

I apoligize if this has been posted already. If it has please commense with the flaming, banning, and bashing.

Farve isnt gonna play for any other team in the nfl he WILL retire as a green bay packer that is the end of that there is nothing else to be said....

This might be the stupidest idea ever. Oh no this thread was.

This is why I've been a member for three years and have less than twenty posts. Like someone said earlier, if you can't see Favre is a better quarterback than Brunell than you don't know football. Favre was trying to single-handedly win games and the pressure got to him, and yea, he didn't seem like he cared at the end, but honestly, would you have? He's done so much for that franchise, and they left him for dead in the water, just like the Lions did to Barry. Give Favre a G. Williams defense, and an A. Saunders offense, and Joe Gibbs getting him pumped up each week, and we would win the Super Bowl guaranteed. And come on people, let's grow up. If you don't agree with me, then you don't agree with me, but I'm here to talk skins, not talk smack.

I can't believe people are actually suggesting that we go after Favre.

He threw more interceptions this last year than any QB since Testeverde 1988. His 29 Ints are the 3rd most in NFL history.

I'd say that we could do a lot better with Ramsey than with Favre at this point and Ramsey is on the bench. So I just don't see it working out for Favre as a Redskin.

I'm not showing disloyalty, I appreciate what Brunell did for us, but he clearly isn't a premiere Quarterback, and he clearly isnt the final answer, so if were just using him as a stop gap to Campbell, why not use Favre as that stop gap. It's good for Favre. It's good for us. I just want us to win, as much as possible, and while Brunell was greatly improved, it wouldn't have taken much for him to impress me after his first year here. Favre can be a guy who wins us games though. If were talking about someone like T.O., I'd say hell no, because he isn't Redskins material. But Favre is a great man and a great football player, and had he been available when Gibbs arrived I'm sure he would have chosen Favre over Brunell. Believe me though, if Brunell is quarterback opening day, I'll support Brunell, because I'm a Redskins fan, and I trust Gibbs. Just playing hypotheticals since the SuperBowl hasn't even happened yet, and I'm already going crazy for next year.

How can you say that Brunell isn't the answer. This kills me about some fans. Brunell had 2 WR's he was in the top 3 in production. When Patten got hurt and we had no one step up other teams rolled the coverage to Moss and effectivly gave Brunell one other option and that was Cooley, who by the way had some great games but that's not going to win you a lot of games. Give Brunell a couple of WR's that can get open and he will lead us to the Super Bowl.

I dont think favre will play for someone else period. I dont think Brunell gets cut, and I dont think we trade for him.

Id love to have him in place of Brunell though.

And theres no reason to bash Favre for one poor season where his entire team practical died on the field. We could take the rest of his HOF career and base his ability on that.

Oh Dana.... Brunell the answer? He was NOT in the top 3 in production. Brunell was middle of the league. Brunell had the leagues #2 reciever. He had 2 other recievers for half the year that were starting recievers on NFC Championship and Superbowl teams(Thrash and Patton), yet outside of Moss no other reciever caught for over 220 yards. In the last half of the season his passes were just coming out of his hand bad, and all the yards he DID get, he got either on WR or TE screens, or on deepballs to moss that moss adjusted and caught.

Give brunell the #2 reciever in the entire NFL, and 2 recievers who proved themselves on NFL Championship teams and.... He gives you the #21 passing offense in the league. I hardly call that the answer.

Archived