Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What if Favre were a Redskin?

AllRedskinsAllTheTime

I like it! Ramsey for Farve, plus they give us their number two pick. Statistically Ramsey may have had a better year and has a lot more upside than Farve. Greenbay should go for this deal, besides, they owe it to him to see him go out with a chance of glory and not just pain.

Enough. No one has had more excuses made for him than Brett Favre has the past two, no three years. Any other qb would be slammed if they made the same kind of stupid throws over and over. We are set at qb -- get what you can out of Brunell (and sorry haters, which I used to be, he was fantastic for a lot of the season) and then hand the ball over to Campbell.

are we T.O. now??????

I understand your point, but what if Joe Montana were our QB... or how about Peyton Manning? Our QB is Brunell.... when Campbell is ready, he will then be our QB at least for a couple years.

T.O. didn't start it he responded.

The whole thing started when after a packers loss the question on espn was is brett favre done? Irving said no he is just on a bad team and if he was on a team like the iggles they'd be underfeated. T.O. responded after the fact and people Favre was considered the best QB in the league.

So back to him on the skins well Jacobs will either have a bruised sternum from the pigskins or learn how to catch, There would be more defensie pass interference penalties because he would throw to moss and patten and the deep threat would only help our running game

Brunell was brought in because he doesn't make ill advised passes. Favre LIVES off of making those passes. If Gibbs were comfortable with that type of gameplan I don't think he would have yanked Ramsey game 1.

I agree with you, but with Brett's leadership and veteran experience, Ramsey wouldn't have been the starter last year...Brett would've. The real interesting question would be given his recent decision making and picks, would Gibbs have pulled him and put in Ramsey?

I think Farve had such a bad season due to his lack of a running game and nobody to throw to. He threw tons of picks because he was forcing things to much and probably felt like he had to win games himself with little or no help. That would not be the case with the Skins. Would love to see him finish his career in DC, but I dont see it happening. I like Brunell, but Farve would be a step up. Campbell can wait another year.

Brunell was brought in because he doesn't make ill advised passes. Favre LIVES off of making those passes. If Gibbs were comfortable with that type of gameplan I don't think he would have yanked Ramsey game 1.

I think this is the forest for the trees arguement. Farve dooes make ill passes, but he wins SBs and MVPs...and in my opinion he can win another. He is still a great QB and would be a huge upgrade over Brunnell.

It wasn't just last season Favre killed the pack in big games by making horrible decisions. The year before he had a great running back, a stud o-line, and an excellent receiving corps and he -- just like the year before -- ended their playoff run by inexplicably throwing passes to receivers surrounded by defenders. He's always been a gunslinger, but lately he's just gotten mentally lazy.

It wasn't just last season Favre killed the pack in big games by making horrible decisions. The year before he had a great running back, a stud o-line, and an excellent receiving corps and he -- just like the year before -- ended their playoff run by inexplicably throwing passes to receivers surrounded by defenders. He's always been a gunslinger, but lately he's just gotten mentally lazy.
He had over 4000yds and 30+ TDs that year. That was a terrible throw though.

by the playoffs, Brunell's passes look like a whiffle ball in the air, Favre would still be able to get it downfield, could be the difference between the 2nd round and the superbowl, what does Brunell have to do, put up even less yards in a playoff game next year?

Archived