Extremeskins

Drug smuggling puppies

Bonef1de

Narcs nab drug-smuggling puppies

DEA: Dogs' bellies were cut open, heroin was placed inside

By Eliott C. McLaughlin

CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/02/01/drug.pups/index.html

The DEA says these unlikely drug smugglers were rescued during a 2005 raid at a Colombian farm.

(CNN) -- A two-year investigation into a Colombian heroin ring netted more than 65 pounds of drugs, resulted in the arrests of more than 20 people and saved the lives of some drug-smuggling Labrador retrievers, the Drug Enforcement Agency said Wednesday.

Ten wayward pups were found during a raid on a Colombian farm in 2005, and six of them were carrying more than 3 kilograms (6.6 pounds) of liquid heroin in their stomachs, said DEA spokesman Rusty Payne.

story.puppies2.jpg

Puppy smugglers are another take on the human "mule," or "swallower" in DEA parlance -- someone who ingests packets of drugs and transports them in their stomachs.

In the case of the puppies found during the 2005 raid, the dogs' bellies had been cut open, and heroin packets were stitched into their stomachs, Payne said. The pups, mostly purebred Labrador retrievers, were sewn back up and prepared for shipment to the United States, he added.

"The organization's outrageous and heinous smuggling method of implanting heroin inside puppies is a true indication of the extent that drug dealers go to make their profit," said Special Agent in Charge John Gilbride in a written statement.

Though the 10 dogs were rescued before being shipped, it wasn't enough to save all of their lives.

"Three of the six died of infection when the drugs were removed," Payne said, adding that four other puppies "were going to be used and obviously were saved."

Payne said the DEA did not announce its find after the raid because the investigation was still ongoing, but Wednesday, the two-year probe yielded 18 search warrants in six Colombian cities and landed the latest of 21 arrests, all Colombian nationals. Another arrest was made during the investigation in North Carolina, said DEA spokeswoman Erin Mulvey.

In addition to the arrests, the investigation led to 14 heroin seizures, totaling 24 kilograms (52.8 pounds), and a seizure of 6 kilograms (13.2 pounds) of cocaine.

The investigation began after agents learned of a cartel in Medellin, Colombia, that was smuggling drugs along the eastern seaboard from Miami, Florida, to New York City.

The cartel also used human couriers, the DEA said in a statement, and shipped the heroin in "body creams, aerosol cans, pressed into bead shapes, and sewn into the lining of purses and double-sided luggage."

they don't smell if they are indoor dogs. Dogs are manly. Cats are for.... p******.

(Pun intended ;) )

I disagree.

While it may be a true fact that most men prefer dogs, and hate cats, I dont believe it has anything to do with manliness.

My theory is, that most men are so insecure, that they can't handle the unpredictable, independent, moody temperament of a cat. In other words, men's egos get hurt when the Cat won't constantly jump in their lap, panting happily, asking "what can i do for you, great master", as the dog does for them. The dog does it, and it "pets" the male ego - no pun intended.

Me, on the other hand, am the exception to the rule.

I prefer cats. But my ego can handle it, if a cat snubs his nose at me, once in a while.

When I saw this story I was just sick!!!! I think that this story is so awful. People like that should be shot!!

I am both a cat & dog lover. I had cats & dogs all of my childhood years and over time I kind of got out of liking cats as much.

About a year after I met my husband he wanted a kitten for his birthday so I got him one. Then about 1 year later, a friend of ours needed to get rid of his kitten and I just feel in love with him. 6 & 7 yrs later I can't imagine not having them. They are like our children. We both love dogs as well but since we live in an apartment and already have two pets we cannot get a dog. Bandit (our male cat) thinks he is a dog sometimes anyway. hehe

When we get a house later in the year we are definately getting a dog!!! Probably a shepard or a lab. Can't wait!!!!

i just flew from costa rica yesterday and the narcotic team at the airport questioned me hard because my dog got fixed before we left the states and while in c.r her incision kept getting infected.so when we left it looked really bad so the narcotic officers thought i stuffed my dog with drugs in c.r. i had no reason why they questioned me till i got home and saw what had happened with the other pups

i just flew from costa rica yesterday and the narcotic team at the airport questioned me hard because my dog got fixed before we left the states and while in c.r her incision kept getting infected.so when we left it looked really bad so the narcotic officers thought i stuffed my dog with drugs in c.r. i had no reason why they questioned me till i got home and saw what had happened with the other pups

so ? did you bring us some good Ganja ?

Archived