Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Realistic: Ramsey for Howard

StepyagameuP

Last I heard Darren Howard was unhappy in N.O. I believe this statement is still true. On top off that rumors are that N.O. is not too high on Aaron Brooks either(dont recall source). Ramsey and a 4th rounder for Howard would solve this problem. N.O has already found a suitable replacement for Howard in Will "Fresh Prince of Bel Air " Smith. They would be losing a contract in Howard, getting a new QB that has potential if placed in the right situation, and allowing a much less paid Smith take over at DE. Skins would get their pass rusher and on top of that still have our 2nd and 3rd rounders in the draft to go after a WR,TE,DT,CB,OL,S, whatever talent management is looking at.

:2cents:

Last I heard Darren Howard was unhappy in N.O. I believe this statement is still true. On top off that rumors are that N.O. is not too high on Aaron Brooks either(dont recall source). Ramsey and a 4th rounder for Howard would solve this problem. N.O has already found a suitable replacement for Howard in Will "Fresh Prince of Bel Air " Smith. They would be losing a contract in Howard, getting a new QB that has potential if placed in the right situation, and allowing a much less paid Smith take over at DE. Skins would get their pass rusher and on top of that still have our 2nd and 3rd rounders in the draft to go after a WR,TE,DT,CB,OL,S, whatever talent management is looking at.

and washington gets another big contract.... howard will not play for less then 6 million a year...... and ive heard he would like a 15 million dollar signing bonus.... definetly has a big ego. Thats the main reason dallas backed out of tradeding for him last year.... money

Well actually we wouldn't trade for a UFA. What we would do is convince them to franchise him again so he has a current year salary of $10M or so.

THEN we trade Ramsey for him.......... :doh:

friend,

why would anyone want a franchise tag on a player who is going to be a free agent and who would never command top 5 def end salary on the open market?

i lived in new orleans and followed howard fromthe time he was a rookie. he is a very good player and at times can be dominant. but he has at least 1 bad knee and there are serious questions about his durability from here on.

he would be a great addition at a vet min salary, plus reasonably attainable incentives, plus a reasonable signing bonus. any team that gives him javon kearse types of numbers, or ogunleye types of numbers is going to be bitterly disappointed.

let the buyer beware is all i can say

friend,

why would anyone want a franchise tag on a player who is going to be a free agent and who would never command top 5 def end salary on the open market?

i lived in new orleans and followed howard fromthe time he was a rookie. he is a very good player and at times can be dominant. but he has at least 1 bad knee and there are serious questions about his durability from here on.

he would be a great addition at a vet min salary, plus reasonably attainable incentives, plus a reasonable signing bonus. any team that gives him javon kearse types of numbers, or ogunleye types of numbers is going to be bitterly disappointed.

let the buyer beware is all i can say

:laugh:

Feel my sarcasm there buddy!

:laugh:

Ya with the mood of the board tonight I suppose that would have been in order.

:laugh: I know shally from another board, Whiskey, the only other board i used to post at, and he's a great guy, great 'skin fan, and real sharp. he often has shows southern style politeness and old-school formal manners that are cross-cultural even :) .

and washington gets another big contract.... howard will not play for less then 6 million a year...... and ive heard he would like a 15 million dollar signing bonus.... definetly has a big ego. Thats the main reason dallas backed out of tradeding for him last year.... money

This is true, but, why would NO take Ramsey, when they have the third pick and they will take Lienhart or Vince Young.:logo::logo::logo:

We already traded this years 4th round pick to get Jason Campbell I thought.

Nobody is going to give anything of value for Ramsey. Jesus guys, he wasn't even good enought to beat out Brunell. Nobody wants him, get it through your head.

Especially New Orleans, for Gods sake, they have the #2 pick in the draft. Can you say.........Matt Leinart?

Archived