Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network Games Question

Jordan086

it sucks for us with nfl network and HD. nfl network isnt offered in HD. what shall we do then

they did have a game of the week in HD the other night. Seahawks/Rams, I think.

What really sucks is when you have HD but live in the Panthers market, the local Fox station won't give you a waiver, you can't pick them up OTA, and they show 3 or 4 Skins games, blacking out the DTV feed. Ohhh, the pain...:doh:

Blackouts suck, plain and simple. Should be illegal. :logo:

they did have a game of the week in HD the other night. Seahawks/Rams, I think.

What really sucks is when you have HD but live in the Panthers market, the local Fox station won't give you a waiver, you can't pick them up OTA, and they show 3 or 4 Skins games, blacking out the DTV feed. Ohhh, the pain...:doh:

Blackouts suck, plain and simple. Should be illegal. :logo:

That changes this year. Local HD broadcasts will not blackout the Sunday Ticket feed. Plus Directv has already started rolling HD locals to a bunch of markets.

You know that article from NFL.COM doesn't specifically say the @Dallas- Turkey Day game is going to cable.

USA Today- no mention of which game:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2006-01-28-nfl-network-games_x.htm

ESPN- no mention of which game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2309549

Consider it's the NYTimes- I consider that part of their story, bogus. There will now be a primetime Turkey day game but I see nothing saying that it will be the @Boys games. I can't honestly seeing Jerry Jones or Henry Clay Ford allowing their thanksgiving DAY games being taking off national TV and airing on the NFL network.

Whatever the 3rd game: primetime cable game will be- it will probably won't include Dallas or Detroit.

Is Richmond considered in the local market? Comcast here offers the NFL Network on Digital Cable, but I really do not want to pay out the extra money for the digital cable. I swear, the only reason, really that we even have cable is for sports. This sucks.

yes

You know that article from NFL.COM doesn't specifically say the @Dallas- Turkey Day game is going to cable.

USA Today- no mention of which game:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2006-01-28-nfl-network-games_x.htm

ESPN- no mention of which game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2309549

Consider it's the NYTimes- I consider that part of their story, bogus. There will now be a primetime Turkey day game but I see nothing saying that it will be the @Boys games. I can't honestly seeing Jerry Jones or Henry Clay Ford allowing their thanksgiving DAY games being taking off national TV and airing on the NFL network.

Whatever the 3rd game: primetime cable game will be- it will probably won't include Dallas or Detroit.

Just to let you know I just heard this confirmed on the NFL network on Sirius. They said the NFL network coverage will begin on Thanksgiving night w/ Washington @ Dallas.

it sucks for us with nfl network and HD. nfl network isnt offered in HD. what shall we do then

The NFL network advertises their game of the week in HD, yet it never is on Directv. Maybe it's because Directv doesn't carry it in HD? I would assume that it would become available before this starts.

Just to let you know I just heard this confirmed on the NFL network on Sirius. They said the NFL network coverage will begin on Thanksgiving night w/ Washington @ Dallas.

The schedule hasn't been set yet.Things can change. Remember now, the nfl funds the nfl network. Jerry J- could get enough owners to put the kibash on this.

Until I see the schedule in April- I won't say this is set in stone.

The schedule hasn't been set yet.Things can change. Remember now, the nfl funds the nfl network. Jerry J- could get enough owners to put the kibash on this.

Until I see the schedule in April- I won't say this is set in stone.

Come on....the owners already approved this. This is way too big of a decision to not be approved by the Executive Committee AND the entire owner membership.

The NFL wants it's channel on all the cable and satellite feeds and this is their way to force the hand of cable and satellite companies. If your company doesn't get NFL now, they will soon.....of course, your monthly rates will probably go up.

Guest ComebackKing
Has the local Richmond affiliate carried the Redskins game when they've played on ESPN Sunday nights?
YES. If you live in Redskins and Cowboys local area you will get the game.

I will be shocked if this is 100% true. You can't tell me they are going to take "America's team" :puke: off of a national broadcast on one of the most traditional football watching days.

I just don't buy it.

I agree, they never said it is going to be Skins vs Dallas, who the hell made this up? Dallas is a national franchise to the public

Nobody said it is going to be Skins vs Dallas, where did that rumor come from?

There's another thread in "The Stadium" which confirmed the T-Day game...

"Richard Sandomir, of the New York Times, reports the Washington Redskins will play the Dallas Cowboys on Thanksgiving evening, 2006. The NFL Network will broadcast the game."

The National Football League will place eight prime-time Thursday and Saturday games on its NFL Network starting in 2006, a senior league executive said.

The league had been negotiating intently in recent weeks with Comcast, the largest cable operator in the country, about putting games on what would be a reconstituted OLN network and expanding distribution of the NFL Network on Comcast systems, where it is carried on a digital tier.

But yesterday morning, the league decided not to go into business with Comcast and to put the games on the NFL Network, which has had preseason games but no regular-season broadcasts. Comcast had no comment.

Putting the games on the NFL Network is a change for the league, which is accustomed to being richly compensated by networks with rights fees. Now, the NFL Network is building its own asset, for which it can presumably charge higher monthly subscriber fees while still collecting huge payments from CBS, Fox, NBC, ESPN and DirecTV.

The schedule is made up of games that would have been on Saturdays late in the season on CBS or Fox, or on those networks' regional schedules, said the executive, who was granted anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about the deal. The first game will be on the Thanksgiving night, between the Dallas Cowboys and the Washington Redskins. All games will be simulcast on local broadcast stations in the markets of the teams playing.

The NFL Network has 35 million cable and satellite subscribers, and it the addition of regular-season games will probably vastly increase its customer base and add cable operators like Time Warner and Charter, which have so far resisted signing on.

Rest of article is here, but you have to register

There's another thread in "The Stadium" which confirmed the T-Day game...

"Richard Sandomir, of the New York Times, reports the Washington Redskins will play the Dallas Cowboys on Thanksgiving evening, 2006. The NFL Network will broadcast the game."

Thursday "evening" could mean the 4 o'clock game. Count me in the skeptical camp. I do not buy that Dallas will not be on national free TV on Thanksgiving...no way.

Thursday "evening" could mean the 4 o'clock game. Count me in the skeptical camp. I do not buy that Dallas will not be on national free TV on Thanksgiving...no way.

They were just talking about it on Total Access...said it would be prime-time games only.

I imagine this will force cable companies to pickup the NFL Network...

Archived