Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network Games Question

Jordan086

Come on....the owners already approved this. This is way too big of a decision to not be approved by the Executive Committee AND the entire owner membership.

The NFL wants it's channel on all the cable and satellite feeds and this is their way to force the hand of cable and satellite companies. If your company doesn't get NFL now, they will soon.....of course, your monthly rates will probably go up.

I'm not talking about the new package. I have no problem with that. I have the NFL Network- so no problem with me. I was talking about the actual game: Skins @Dallas being set in stone.

Here's something someone posted in another thread that disputes the RAG: NY TIMES.

>>>"Cowboys | Thanksgiving night game with Washington not set yet

Sat, 28 Jan 2006 17:59:12 -0800

Barry Horn, of the Dallas Morning News, reports NFL Network spokesman Seth Palansky said a New York Times report claiming that a Dallas Cowboys- Washington Redskins game at Texas Stadium has already been penciled in for the first Thanksgiving prime-time game may be premature. "The schedule isn't completed until April," Palansky said. "I've been assured no decisions have been made.""<<<

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

I have NFL Network therefore it is fine with me. Guess I will have turkey day at my house next year.

For those of you that doubt it.

As far as potential best T-Day game; it is already set (IMO).

Gibbs Vs. Parcells.

Redskins Vs. Cowboys.

10-6 Vs. 9-7 (Just in vs. just out).

Even though I have NFL Network, I think that this is a really stupid move. Football and Thanksgiving just go together. It's wrong for NFL Network to deprive people who don't have cable from watching football. The situation is worsened by the fact that they're denying the country from watching one of the league greatest rivalries. It would be like the NBA showing the Lakers/Heat game only in L.A. or Miami on Christmas.

Has anyone ever heard of a sports bar???? It's this amazing place where they have loads of tvs and they show all sorts of sports on them. I am gonna go out on a limb and pretty much guarantee that if you don't have NFL Network, you can go to the sports bar and watch it there. :-)

I live in philly area do you think sports restaurants or somtin will have it or this area have the broadcast?
Has anyone ever heard of a sports bar???? It's this amazing place where they have loads of tvs and they show all sorts of sports on them. I am gonna go out on a limb and pretty much guarantee that if you don't have NFL Network, you can go to the sports bar and watch it there. :-)

How many sports bars you know of that're open Thanksgiving day?

I think the NFL screwed itself with this deal in regards to the CBA fiasco. This deal is only going to prolong the process because the players are going to want more coin with all of these new deals and I can't blame them.

I predict that the cap will push the $100 million mark next year and not the predicted 92-95 million.

Really? Is this a new concept? Do tell. :D

Not true, if you do not have the NFL network then the game will be placed on your teams local channel. With the skins would mean ABC or Fox I believe.

I think he meant you are screwed if you don't live in the local market area. Not all Skins fans are from the DC area ya know ;)

The NFL network advertises their game of the week in HD, yet it never is on Directv. Maybe it's because Directv doesn't carry it in HD? I would assume that it would become available before this starts.

nfl network on directv uses a channel in the 90's to broadcast their game of the week in high def.

nfl network on directv uses a channel in the 90's to broadcast their game of the week in high def.

Correct. There is no dedicated NFL Network HD channel because of the infrequency of actuall HD programing. There is always programing on HD, it's just an up-convert of the standard definition signal when there are no HD shows airing.

:logo:

PS yes this stinks for those of us who live out of the Washington DC area....I just hope Cablevision hops on soon.

Archived