Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bears safety drops out of Pro-bowl but dawkins goes instead of sean taylor(WTF?!!!)

skinman574

Dawkins is living on his past reputation. I think he played average at best this year. His previous years are what is carrying him to the Pro Bowl this year. But, I also think that the incidents in which ST has been implicated are hurting his reputation across the league.

Everyone knows that he is a beast, but is his head on right?

HTTR

Wasn't ST the 2nd alternate? I don't see the problem. If Dawkins is the first alternate then he goes. Its how it works.

Edit:

Just looked, Dawkins was indeed first alternate, no problem here move along.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=eagles&id=3748370

"Four-time Pro Bowl safety Brian Dawkins and his 110 tackles, 3 1/2 sacks and three interceptions was a surprise omission. Dawkins was a first alternate, and guard Shawn Andrews and tight end L.J. Smith are second-alternates, so they could go if any starters get hurt."

Dawkins is not undeserving but without the spitting incident maybe Taylor gets chosen instead. And as much as i like Taylor i'm ok with that.

Again, it had nothing to do with that. Dawkins = first alternate = he goes if someone gets injured or pulls out. If Dawkins pulled out then ST goes. Thats how it works.

Wasn't ST the 2nd alternate? I don't see the problem. If Dawkins is the first alternate then he goes. Its how it works.

Edit:

Just looked, Dawkins was indeed first alternate, no problem here move along.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=eagles&id=3748370

"Four-time Pro Bowl safety Brian Dawkins and his 110 tackles, 3 1/2 sacks and three interceptions was a surprise omission. Dawkins was a first alternate, and guard Shawn Andrews and tight end L.J. Smith are second-alternates, so they could go if any starters get hurt."

Agree....

If ST misses the ProBowl I'm sure he reaches less incentives... so, it's ok.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AoATXmfYX566NiULQ0Gono9DubYF?slug=ap-eagles-dawkins&prov=ap&type=lgns

its bull*** thats wat it is, i really believe that sean taylor had a better season than dawkins, i havent heard of brian dawkins in any NFL news at all this season

People like Dawkins better, it dosnt matter Sean Taylor is a way better safety that brian dawkins. The fact is, fans like him more so he got to go instead. Besides Sean Taylor probally wouldnt go becuase of the trial.

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

damn these people...sean taylor shouldve went, his numbers were better than dawkins

we should revolt!!!!!

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

:logo:

Dawkins is living on his past reputation. I think he played average at best this year. His previous years are what is carrying him to the Pro Bowl this year. But, I also think that the incidents in which ST has been implicated are hurting his reputation across the league.

Everyone knows that he is a beast, but is his head on right?

HTTR

Couldnt have said it better myself. If everything is cleared up with Taylor during the offseason, then dont worry, he'll be there for years to come.

This is justing adding fuel to the fire and now I feel real bad for the opposition trying to go over the middle, top, whatever.

Archived