Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Bush the Incompetent

Fred Jones

Bush the Incompetent

By Harold Meyerson

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/24/AR2006012401163.html

Incompetence is not one of the seven deadly sins, and it's hardly the worst attribute that can be ascribed to George W. Bush. But it is this president's defining attribute. Historians, looking back at the hash that his administration has made of his war in Iraq, his response to Hurricane Katrina and his Medicare drug plan, will have to grapple with how one president could so cosmically botch so many big things -- particularly when most of them were the president's own initiatives.

In numbing profusion, the newspapers are filled with litanies of screw-ups. Yesterday's New York Times brought news of the first official assessment of our reconstruction efforts in Iraq, in which the government's special inspector general depicted a policy beset, as Times reporter James Glanz put it, "by gross understaffing, a lack of technical expertise, bureaucratic infighting [and] secrecy." At one point, rebuilding efforts were divided, bewilderingly and counterproductively, between the Army Corps of Engineers and, for projects involving water, the Navy. That's when you'd think a president would make clear in no uncertain terms that bureaucratic turf battles would not be allowed to impede Iraq's reconstruction. But then, the president had no guiding vision for how to rebuild Iraq -- indeed, he went to war believing that such an undertaking really wouldn't require much in the way of American treasure and American lives.

Just the link and a few graphs please. Thanks. -- Henry

Bla bla bla

You guys are killing me with this stuff. You think Kerry would be any better. O maybe Hillary. Yeah she is the right person for job. Hey, bring back her hubby. Nope, I know, Gore. He would be so much better. But you have to tell all the people in his state to vote for him. :doh: :doh:

Bla bla bla

You guys are killing me with this stuff. You think Kerry would be any better. O maybe Hillary. Yeah she is the right person for job. Hey, bring back her hubby. Nope, I know, Gore. He would be so much better. But you have to tell all the people in his state to vote for him. :doh: :doh:

Gore? Incompetent? nooooooo.......... lol

gbuda2.jpg

Bla bla bla

You know, your argument is so convincing. Really compelling stuff.

You know, your rhetoric is so original. Really interesting stuff.

What rhetoric?

Got anything, portisizzle, or is this just more of your typical angsty, woe-is-me-for-I-am-an-oppressed-conservative bull**** that contributes nothing to any progressive debate?

See, I can be salty too.

Get over yourself.

I agree, but I am worn out with arguing his incompetence to people who just don't care to listen. And to arguement that Kerry would have done better, well all I have to say is a wet towel would have handled things better then bush. But if you don't want to see it then I can't persuade you on an internet message board to change your views.

Bla bla bla

What are you bringing to the table other than your bad attitude?

Bush the Incompetent

By Harold Meyerson

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/24/AR2006012401163.html

Incompetence is not one of the seven deadly sins, and it's hardly the worst attribute that can be ascribed to George W. Bush. But it is this president's defining attribute. Historians, looking back at the hash that his administration has made of his war in Iraq, his response to Hurricane Katrina and his Medicare drug plan, will have to grapple with how one president could so cosmically botch so many big things -- particularly when most of them were the president's own initiatives.

1.)What the Hell did the president have to do with Katrina? That is why there is a Director of FEMA!! Also I don't know if you noticed all the screw ups with the mayor and governor. It should have never even gotten to the Federal level in that degree!!!

Saying that a natural disaster is Bush's fault is plain moronic. Saying that the Trucks couldn't get in because bush didn't run the bulldozers fast enough is stupid. Katrina was not Bush's fault. There is an oblivious reason why less lives were lost in all of Mississippi than New Orleans alone, local government stunk in Louisiana.

2.)As far as the War in Iraq, Saddam needed to go. period. WMD or not. No analyst thought that there would be an insurgency like this. People's lives have been lost, that is unfortunate but it happens in war. Funny how the Libs aren't having too much of a problem with going to war with Iran if need be. They haven't done anything to us!!! that is the same arguement that was used for Iraq.

3.)I don't pay much attention to the medicare issue so I have no opinion

4.)George Bush is real incompetent when it comes to the NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND thing too, huh? The nations standardized scores have gone up and education seems to be improving. Man, he really screwed that one up!!!

Since we are arguing compentancy, Clinton shouldn't he be labeled incompetent for the debacles in Somalia and Bosnia?

The thing that really confuses me about Bush is the unwavering support of a decidedly unconservative administration by people who claim to be conservative. Have you heard the term "rooting for the laundry?" Its like all you have to do is put an R after your name, and you could endorse communism and federal control of the markets, and Sarge and Portissizzle would have your back. Its bizarre.

The thing that really confuses me about Bush is the unwavering support of a decidedly unconservative administration by people who claim to be conservative. Have you heard the term "rooting for the laundry?" Its like all you have to do is put an R after your name, and you could endorse communism and federal control of the markets, and Sarge and Portissizzle would have your back. Its bizarre.

Or perhaps they are more willing to be supportive of a more philisophically diverse group of people?

It's PortiSizzle, with ONE s.

Archived