Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Musgrave leaving points to Jason starting.

redskin48

I think that Bill Musgrave was brought in for Brunell and Brunell only. I think that the fact that we are letting Bill leave is insite that brunell is not going to be starting. I dont thank that Ramsey will be here next year so that leaves only one guy with any experience in the system. Jason. I really hope this guy can do something for us, it has been a long time sense we have had a really good QB.:2cents:

Man... I'm not sure why there's speculation over Patrick "staying".

The dude came out and said he wants to be a starter and requested to leave.

That news will be out before the end of January.

Campbell will not start.

Brunell will start and Campbell will get cleanup duty.

Well considering our system might be changing under Saunders who knows...but at least Campbell had 4 diff OCs in four years at Auburn so he is adept at changing.

I see your point but dont you think that if you are going to have a QB learn a new "O" it would be th QB of the future not the QB that will only be around for a year or two then you have to go threw the prosses all over again.

I think that Bill Musgrave was brought in for Brunell and Brunell only. I think that the fact that we are letting Bill leave is insite that brunell is not going to be starting. I dont thank that Ramsey will be here next year so that leaves only one guy with any experience in the system. Jason. I really hope this guy can do something for us, it has been a long time sense we have had a really good QB.:2cents:

You could be right, but I don't think so. I thought Musgrave was initially brought in to try to work with Ramsey, as well as Brunell. I think he's leaving b/c there are just too many offensive coaches higher on the ladder than him to leave much room for advancement. I do think that Campbell will be the starter by midseason though.

I think Musgrave left because he has hopes to one day be the OC here, and with the hiring of Saunders (who has a completely different offensive philosophy) - that won't happen anytime soon.

By going to Atlanta, if he can have positive effects on their QB's, then maybe in a year or two another west coast offense team will hire him to be OC.

Man... I'm not sure why there's speculation over Patrick "staying".

The dude came out and said he wants to be a starter and requested to leave.

That news will be out before the end of January.

Campbell will not start.

Brunell will start and Campbell will get cleanup duty.

This team DOES NOT need to suffer through another year of playing 10 men on offense. Whether its Campbell or Ramsey we need a QB on the worst way.

Bill was Campbell's PERSONAL (SYLVAN LEARNING CENTER STYLE) tutor... I think Campbell is ready. Lets ALL remind ourselves ONE thing. The first BIG spalsh (out of the ordinary) Gibbs did with Dan Snyder's check book was ridding him of a FIRST round draft pick this year for CAMPBELL...

People. He was a 1st round draft pick. He is our future.

Gibbs knows what he is doing. I expect Campbell behind Rabach all next year.

Watch him with the 1st team during the preseason...

Gibbs For Life!!!

Funny, I have read that Musgrave's biggest job was working with Campbell, getting him ready to be the #2 this season.

Yup, and then I also read that he was mainly brought in to work up ramsey :laugh: . So maybe that''s why he's leaving. Every time he start's with one they say, "no dude, you're here for the other guy" :laugh:

I hate to point out the obvious but the grace period for quarterbacks as been officially shortened with the emergance of Ben in Pittsburgh. :doh: Thus, Campbell with be the starter next year rather it be becaue of injury or pure benching. The fans and the ownership will be eager to see were there first down pick for 06' went to last year.

Also, why should we sweat another entire season with Brunell? Yeah thanks for the playoff birth and all but, we have to get a return on our investments. :rolleyes:

My feeling is Brunnell is going to play to only manage the game and not make mistakes, then I would get Campbell doing that now with Saunders at the helm.

We may take a step back this year, but we still could make the playoffs. The Giants did with Eli. Big Ben is going to the Super Bowl in his second year. I would rather be good this year with Campbell with the potential to be really great in 2007.

No sense waiting. Now is the perfect time since we do have a new offensive coordinator. I just think Jason will get better and better the more he plays in this system. Jason's upside, will be better the Brunells.

Plus, teams are playing first round quarterbacks within two years in this cap ridden era.

McNabb, McNear, A. Smith, Carr, Harrington, Palmer, Big Ben, Vick.

The guys that sat their first year have seemed to fair better. If we didn't hire Saunders, I may be inclined to keep Mark in, but know with the new hiring and new direction of the offense, I start it off with Campbell.

I think we will eventually be more old school Charger, like and Jason is a better passer then Mark. It's probably going to take Jason a couple years. Why delay it. If you think about it, Mark was not at all significant in are late season surge. He bad games against Philly and Tampa. And, a bad first half against Seattle.

Depending on how Jason progresses. I think they may open up the competition. And if they do so, that is a nice way of saying to Mark, you're number two. Mark will win only if Jason is really really bad.

I had read the same thing.

You are correct. Musgrave mostly worked with Campbell, which is something I didn't hear about during the season.

According to the Washington Post: The Redskins ended up using the shotgun frequently, even in many short-yardage situations, and Musgrave also tutored rookie quarterback Jason Campbell -- a first-round selection in last April's draft -- on a daily basis.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/24/AR2006012400888.html

Archived