Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor or Ben whatshisname?

pR0JEkT 21

Taylor.....
shawn taylor is a great safety but big ben could be one of those tom brady caliber pklayers that come around once every 10 -15 years ...he was also groomed well by bill cowher...he could have been ruined by the skins system. also the skins qb situation is uncertain

No way in hell Big Ben would have been a bust no matter where he played. I saw him play 4 times in college and the guy is a natural leader and a great football player. He's just a freak (in terms of size and athletic ability at his position) JUST LIKE TAYLOR. I think Taylor was a better pick in the long term and i base that primarily on the fact that i also believe campbell will be a great qb in our future when he gets the chance.

I would LOVE to have roethlisburger on our team but i think once campbell develops we'll be happy to have taylor...as if we aren't already :laugh:

Since we had Ramsey and had just signed Brunell (and had a sieve defense in 2003) there is no way in hell we were drafting a QB.

You can go through every single draft after the fact and find picks that would have been better. Sean Taylor was a bullseye hit though. Roethlisberger is special talent but so is Taylor.

Besides its the Giants and the Chargers who should be questioning their picks on this one since they did need a QB at the time and passed on him.

You don't come across Safties now a days where recievers LITERALLY are scared to get hit by him over the middle. Although having a franchise QB would be nice, but its not fair to judge yet because we haven't seen Jason Campbell play yet.

Oh come on, hindsight is 20/20, find a reasonable person that thought Ben would have played this well so early in his career.

hahaha you found me. It may just be because i got to watch him play in college a few times but i knew he would be a great pick for anyone. No, I would not have believed he would have been 15-1 in his rookie year but if you would have told me he'd be playing for pittsburgh with the talent they have their, I could have and would have told you he'd lead them to where they'd wanna go and soon.

That being said Taylor has developed into a great leader on our defense and is feared around the league. He has become a huge impact on our team and I'm happy to see them both doing so well.

Taylor in a land slide. He is what makes our defense so dominant. We dont need a great QB just a solid one. Id rather have a solid QB and a great defense then a sub par defense with a great QB. See: Dan Marino

Very, very true. Luckily for pittsburg, they now have both. Let's hope campbell is the same way for us and we'll be the new team to beat in the NFC in the future.

O and by the way, GO PITTSBURG!!!

I am thriled with the pick of Taylor, but sometimes I wonder especially after hearing that on the radio that Big Ben went 11 when we could had him here at number 5, but yeah its a different system and he probably would of been not as good or whatever..anyways I love the Taylor pick I just hope that JC comes up big soon for us at QB..whos better Palamalu or Taylor?

Funny thing is, the battle here on Extreme was between Taylor and Williams. There were clear battle lines drawn there. I don't think Ben was mentioned that much at the time due to what was stated above. Team had Ramsey and Brunell.

Archived