Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor or Ben whatshisname?

pR0JEkT 21

Who would have been the better pick sean taylor at #5 or BIG BEN at #11? I heard an interview saying the skins could have been set at the qb position for the next ten years,and possibly a super bowl!!!! it was on skins radio on xm

Off-topic but what channel is Skins radio on XM. I have had XM almost a month and did not know that there was a Redskin channel. i thought Sirus had all the NFL stuff.

I must be watching Canadian football. I see a great defense, a massive O line, a rb the size of a house, and more than 1 wr that can get the ball. Maybe you guys are right. A second year qb who is only asked to throw high percentage passes is the greatest thing since sliced bread. We may be better with out ST.

At the time they took Taylor I think it was the right thing to do.

If you include hindsight you have to go with Ben. No matter how good a safety, you have a top QB which is always infintely more valuable. But who knew he was gonna be this good. He might still not be playing if not for injuries.

ben is 26 or 27-8 as starter..nuff said

Actually 26-4 which is ridiculous. And to whomever said you could insert any QB into their offense then why did they have the #11 pick in the draft with just any QB in their lineup the year before?

I saw Roethlisberger play plenty in college. He went to my school's biggest rival and needless to say I was happy as hell to see him go. I think it was Jbooma who said it best. He's got "IT".

Did not want to respond, but had to. I love Big Ben, I thought he was a great pick by Pitt and I want him to succeed. Good, that is out of the way...

How crazy are the people here? Ben is not Tom Brady. If you want any proof, see last year's AFC playoffs, where Pitt had much better seeding to boot. Last time I checked, Brady did a lot better in his first playoff run with an arguably inferior team.

Is Ben a franchise QB? Probably... but it depends on the franchise. Pitt got the 11th pick because of a terrible previous year (I would contend mostly the fault of Maddox losing his magic), but come on, anyone could pick Pitt to rebound, they had a great year beforehand. They are just a quality franchise that is consistently good, all they need is a game-managing QB. They do not need a player to take a team on his back and will them to win. It was a brilliant pick on their part, but the Skins do not have the mammoth O-line, incredible WR's, and playcalling ability to match the Steelers. Defense and running game are comparable, to be sure, but we do not have the tools to protect a rookie. Hell, we do not have the tools to protect a wily vet, though we came pretty close (Awesome year :). Do not let 15-1 fool you, football is a team game, and if you really believe that Ben is a transcendant player who can win a game by himself... well, you are flat out wrong ;). This year was by far a more impressive year for me, because of all the adversity and his ability to step up during the playoffs on the road. But one good season (maybe 2) does not a player make, so lets not be hasty to annoint Big Ben as THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY.

And Sean is well, Sean. Game changing safety. He does make plays by himself, and yes the Skins D is quality all around, not to take anything away from them. In conclusion, two teams made great picks that worked out great for their franchises. We would be worse off with Big Ben, and Pitt would probably be just as good if not better with ST (Having Troy and Sean play opposite each other would be pretty nice...)

Did not want to respond, but had to. I love Big Ben, I thought he was a great pick by Pitt and I want him to succeed. Good, that is out of the way...

How crazy are the people here? Ben is not Tom Brady. If you want any proof, see last year's AFC playoffs, where Pitt had much better seeding to boot. Last time I checked, Brady did a lot better in his first playoff run with an arguably inferior team. )

Tom was not a rookie, Ben was. Now Ben in his second year is in the superbowl just like Tom :silly:

Who would have been the better pick sean taylor at #5 or BIG BEN at #11? I heard an interview saying the skins could have been set at the qb position for the next ten years,and possibly a super bowl!!!! it was on skins radio on xm

what channel is skins radio on xm

It's slightly ridiculous to say that Taylor was a better pick than Roethlisberger at this point.

Taylor is turning into a great player, it looks like, but Roethlisberger has already become one of the best QBs in the league, and is only moving upward on that list. He's huge, athletic, and can make all the throws, plus he seems like a genuinely good guy who his teammates play hard for.

Honestly, there has been enough talent on this team the last few years for a great QB to take to impressive heights, and QB is the position this team has been lacking a star at for ages.

The only way Taylor can end up being the better pick, IMO, is if he keeps progressing like he has been and Campbell turns into at least a very good QB for us relatively soon.

If we picked Roethlisberger we probably wouldn't have played him last year and maybe not even this year.

the bad part about ben is this: he has set a standard no QB will ever be able to reach again,15-1 as a rookie?you all may say he went to a "made" team,but he made plays when it counted,the differsnce this yr is he isnt nurt like he was in last yr's afc champ game,which i think pitt would have won had ben been healthy.

Tom was a seasoned QB during his first super bowl run? Or did Tom have at least a year of starting QB experience? Tom was farther along at the same point in their careers.
winlslow,it is possible that had beldsoe not hot hurt,we would have never heard of brady,and ben would have been starter this yr IMHO no matter what maddox did.

I am thriled with the pick of Taylor, but sometimes I wonder especially after hearing that on the radio that Big Ben went 11 when we could had him here at number 5, but yeah its a different system and he probably would of been not as good or whatever..anyways I love the Taylor pick I just hope that JC comes up big soon for us at QB..whos better Palamalu or Taylor?

palamalu is right now cuz he plays everywhere but he doesnt have the power of taylor...an sean taylor doesnt go on blitz's half as much as palamalu

Clearly you have to answer this question based on how they are both playing, and not on some unknown projection of how Ben would have played had we taken him.

I can't believe there is any debate. Franchise QB wins over every other player on the field. How is this even a question. Even good, consistent QB wins over Safety. Remove the homervision and be realistic. If you were to rank positions based on their importance to the team, where would the two be. Hint, one would be the first on the list, and the other would be in the middle somewhere.

The Taylor pick has turned about to be a good one for this team and I'm a huge fan of his BUT you would have to say Big Ben. We would have had our unsettle qb situation filled for the next decade and that's just a more difficult position to fill. Sean is great but Big Ben has played huge for the past two years and you have to give it up to a quarterback that can win 3 straight road games to get to the SuperBowl. (And they got their by throwing the ball)

Ben's success has a lot to do with the core of players around him. The Redskins, frankly, did not have that core 2 years ago. They might have it now, which is wht Campbell might succeed here, but 2 years ago we needed Taylor. Besides, we're going to have a dominant FS for the next 10 years in Taylor.

The draft is a mess anyway. Cooley lasted until round 3, but given his success, he would have been worth a first round pick. It's just too tough to tell. At any rate, ST is the man and I'm glad he's on our team.

Gee, I wonder if Pittsburgh fans would take Taylor over Big Ben? ;)

Welcome to ExtremePrav...er, ExtremeHomer.com ;)

(Seriously, a franchise QB or a safety? Gimme a break.)

But clearly, we thought we had something already with our QBs, so these kinds of questions are exclusively for entertainment value only.

Archived