Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The NFL needs to do away with....

grampi

Let me know if I'm wrong but does it make sense that if there is 2 weeks in between the Championship games and Super Bowl the game should be played on Saturday night between 8:30-9:00. Does anyone agree?? And why not?

Yeah, Superbowl Sunday sucks! Wish they would switch it to saturday. There woul be more participation into the late night. Unless your team is in the Superbowl, your not going to stay up until midnight. Most people have to work the next morning.

Yeah, Superbowl Sunday sucks! Wish they would switch it to saturday. There woul be more participation into the late night. Unless your team is in the Superbowl, your not going to stay up until midnight. Most people have to work the next morning.

Its 1:15 in the morning over here and I (and lots of other uk based redskins) are up until at least 4am during the season to follow the team so staying up late 1 night a year hardly sounds like a reason to change it !!

.....the two weeks between the championship games and the SB and play the game the following week. What's point of waiting 2 weeks anyway. Do they want both teams going into the game stone cold?

Super Bowl 38 those teams didn't look cold at all. Atleast not after halftime. :) Get 'em ready, get 'em rested. Last game of the season, so why not?

All aspects of kicking.... no punting, no field goals, no extra points, no kickoffs, no onside kicks.... oh, and give me the man in motion towards the line of scrimmage, like they do in arena... can you imagine if Santana were to get a headstart at a sprint down field....

Thats why the day after the Superbowl should be a holiday. Lets you stay up late, drink without worrying about work the next day, lets you celebrate more(if your team won) and gives you an extra day to get your money together from bets.

Let me know if I'm wrong but does it make sense that if there is 2 weeks in between the Championship games and Super Bowl the game should be played on Saturday night between 8:30-9:00. Does anyone agree?? And why not?

I do agree, as long as it's no later than 9 EST. Think about the number of people that would throw real parties, and how pre-game would factor in. I would think that local businesses would make far more money off hosting events like that, and nobody would have to punk out because of work the next morning.

YES! FANTASTIC IDEA!

Can you imagine how awesome Super Bowl Saturday would be?

You'd start drinking around 11 AM. The game would kick off right around 7:30, meaning it ends around 11:00. That way, if your team wins, you can go party and you've got about 3 hours til last call!

Somebody call Paul Tagliabue, now!

But with the game on Sunday, doesn't Monday become like an additional national holiday for most people?

Super Bowl 38 those teams didn't look cold at all. Atleast not after halftime. :) Get 'em ready, get 'em rested. Last game of the season, so why not?

It's not the last game....the Pro Bowl is.....but this brings up an interesting point...The pro bowl, being the least marketable game of the year, should be played on the sunday between the afc/NFC championships and the superbowl.

....What about the pro-bowlers in the SB....?????

Well of course, they wouldn't play in the pro-bowl, however they would still be members of the probowl team....just their back ups would play... give them the perks that pro-bowlers get without the risk of injury... This would solve the Pro-bowl's marketing problems also...I'd rather watch it as a build up game to the SB anyway....

Thoughts....?

Archived