Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If He's Available... 2nd-3rd rnd...

AUviaDC101

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Get a DB to groom behind Springs. Could extend Springs career. We don't really need a pass rushing DE. I'm fine with Evans and Clemmons. Got Wynn coming back. What we really need is a DT! But you can get one via Free Agency or maybe 3rd/4th round. Doesn't have to be a starter. Just big! Like Dave Butz big. Someone who will eat up 2 blockers and give Saleva and Cornileus a break.

either Jeff King TE or Daryl Tapp DE both out of VA Tech:logo::logo::logo:

If the Skins took Jeff King in the 2nd or 3rd round (based on King's current grades around NFL draft websites) I think I would have to swear off being a Redskins fan for at least 1 year...He should/will be available late on Day 2...

Seriously don't let your college affiliations interfere with what is best for your pro team.

But Darryl Tapp just so happens to fall in that 2nd to 3rd round range and as the Skins really need a DE that can put some pressure on the QB, this would be a good pick.

THe OP's poll kinda sucks as options are limited and Haralson for one is more of a tweener DE/OLB, and might wind up grading out higher than the Skins 2nd round pick, but if you wanna look at guys that project to that mid 2nd and mid 3rd round area here are some good candidates the Skins will probably be looking at...

At WR...

Sinorice Moss

Travis Wilson

Brandon Williams

Will Blackmon

Demetrius Williams

Martin Nance

Mike Hass

Jovon Bouknight

At TE...

Joe Klopfenstein

Domonique Byrd

Tim Day

At DE...

Daryl Tapp

Julian Jenkins

Eric Henderson

Victor Adeyanju

Mark Anderson

At CB...

Kelly Jennings

Anwar Phillips

Jason Allen

Alan Zemaitis

Cedric Griffin

Darrell Hunter

They say we NEEEED an DE, but honestly if a GAMEBREAKER is available it would be stupid to pass him up. Honestly, our #3 wideout is not LOCK... Thrash has the experience and the heart... But Skyler Green, and Devin Hester would be a GREAT addition to Moss and possibly Wayne and/or Brandon Lloyd... Gregg Williams could put ME on the D-Line, and we'd still have a top 5 defense...

Gibbs For Life!!!

Get a DB to groom behind Springs. Could extend Springs career. We don't really need a pass rushing DE. I'm fine with Evans and Clemmons. Got Wynn coming back. What we really need is a DT! But you can get one via Free Agency or maybe 3rd/4th round. Doesn't have to be a starter. Just big! Like Dave Butz big. Someone who will eat up 2 blockers and give Saleva and Cornileus a break.

Your are kidding yourself if you truly think that we do not need to up grade at DE. :(

Uhhh, we're actually fine at DT with Griff and Salave'a. What we need MORE than a DT is a pure rush end in the mold of a Simeon Rice or John Abraham. We really only need ONE end because Daniels is playing great for us off the right side. We need a guy coming from the left to get in the backfield and disrupt the QB without blitzing.

I don't keep up enough with college football to know who any of these guys are (other than S. Moss is Santana's brother) so I can't really make a accurate vote, but I do think that we need to get the best available player at DE, CB, WR and depending on what happens with Taylor S.

I would have to say Maurice Stovall would be an excellent pick if he is around. He is 6'5'' and although I don't know his 40 time I'm sure it isn't slow. We don't need a Devin Hester or Skyler Green. We already have one of them in Santana. We need a big possession reciever which Stovall is.

I don't really know much about the DE's listed there, but I can't say I would be disappointed if we took one of them. It is all relative to FA and the cap.

Think of a cheaper Dwight Freeney.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=9341&draftyear=2006&action=login&appRedirect=http%3A%2F%2Finsider.espn.go.com%2Fnfldraft%2Fdraft%2Ftracker%2Fplayer%3Fid%3D9341%26draftyear%3D2006

Overall: Haralson played in every game as a reserve defensive end during his true freshman season in 2002. As a sophomore in 2003, Haralson led the team with 4.5 sacks while starting 10 of the 13 games he played. As a junior in 2004, he played in all 13 games and finished with 43 total tackles, 13.5 TFL and a team-high seven sacks. Haralson has also been a team captain during his final two seasons at Tennessee. Haralson lacks ideal size and will never be great at holding the point of attack versus the run in the NFL. However, he is a relentless pass rusher with good speed and agility. He has the potential to develop into a disruptive force versus the run if kept wide and on the move. Also, he is a hard worker and a great leader.

haralson will have a monster combine and shoot up the board. if baskett or nance are available when we pick i would probably die from stroke if we don't pick either one of those guys. that being said i don't think that they will be there. i like edwards a lot if he has fully recovered from injury. i would take edwards with the 2nd rd. pick(if healthy), hester if edwards can't make the grade. stovall will be there for us in the 3rd rd. and that would be a no brainer if we don't luck up and get one of the top 4 wr's. the pending ramsey trade(just a matter of when and who) should yield a top notch guard and i might would take a flyer on jason avant(i think that's right) the wr from michigan that underachieved this past season in the 4th. 5-8 solidify sp. teams and try to provide depth. wouldn't hurt to take a look at a college punter in the late rds.

Archived