Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Gibbs sit Taylor for a quarter or not start him today?

Kansas_SkinsFan

Regular Season maybe.

But playoffs? I doubt it. But if there is a sanction, I'll go with Taylor not starting and perhaps not playing in the first series.

Which come to think about, I might support. We can get the media off our backs regarding "punishing" Sean and then we also will get an even more PO'd Sean Taylor on the field. :cool:

Why? The NFL fined him and ejected him. Gibbs said he supported the NFL's stance on that. Because he's a Christian he's supposed to continue to beat himself up? If you read his books or listened to him speak you'll see that he doesn't believe in forcing his views on others. He lives his life a certain way and that's how he gets his message out. There's a lot of bad crap that goes on the sidelines. I'm sure a lot of cursing, cheap shots, etc. If Joe were to do something about every single thing he wouldn't have a team to put on the field.

I think it's just others trying to box him in and force the Redskins to play with one hand behind their backs. Also, that's GW's side of the ball. Gibbs will trust him to deal with Sean.

Sitting Sean doesn't punish Sean. It punishes our Defense. How is that fair?

Gibbs might not put him in the start just to see how it goes...but if things dont look good,you know Taylor will be forgiven and let him play.Lets face it,he was fined and probably was read the riot act all week so all is forgiven.:seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :point2sky

He will be benched every other play . . . except for third downs in which case he'll be benched for every third . . . unless they're in the red zone in which case they'll have a lottery system in place where they'll pick colored balls out of a hopper that should average out to him sitting out plays 23.684% of the time.

Taylor lied to Gregg Williams and Williams backed him up. He not only spit but he made his coach look like a chump. I would not be surprised if they benched him. I love what he does on the field but the line has to be drawn some where. I would like to think he told Williams the truth and Williams told the reporters that hoping they wouldn't be able to prove he spit.

Agreed Addicted. I posted several times that what SeanT did was pretty bad. But punishing the team -again- is not the answer. Let GW handle it internally. You think he hasn't had an earful from his peers as well as Williams and Gibbs? If you ever coached you know that you have to discipline and punish. But you have to be careful that you don't kill the player's spirit. You want SeanT to be on that edge. You just don't want him to cross the line again. Now he knows where the line is.

Come on people. The horse is dead. Stop beating it!

On ESPN Ed Werder said that Gregg Williams ripped into Taylor in front of the whole defense during one of the first meetings of the week.

I think Taylor will have some internal punishments to work through.

Williams backed Taylor early last week and said he didn't believe he did spit Pittman.

Hello?? Anyone in there??? Quit worrying about something that isn't going to happen. Could you imagine the barrage of questions he would face if he didn't start Taylor, and got beat deep early in the game. He was fined a playoff check and ejected from the game. How much punishment can be dished for a heat of the moment incident?? He will play the entire game. Don't worry. Gibbs may be old school, but he is no idiot. Look at what happened to the Chargers this year for sitting Gates out of the first game of the season. That may have cost them a playoff spot.

Archived