Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bram Weinstein

fdarugar

No, i said my name was mike. Told him i just sat here and listened to him bash the redskins for the past twenty minutes. He got defensive right away saying he wasnt bashing them (even though he said were in big trouble) He was just saying that we have a lot of injuries.

Then i proceeded to say that he should know by watching the redskins that we play with our competition and have a very good shot in winning this game even though no one else thinks that outside of redskins faithful and few other "experts"

He appreciated my call and im pretty sure he got the point that no one liked what he was saying.

I heard that! :cheers:

He did back pedal a bit..

I can forgive the national media for their amnesia, but not Bram. We have been up and down offensively all year -- we ended the season ranked eleventh over all. One week we look like crap on defense, the next week we move the ball well, control the clock, and finish in the red zone. You would think this six game winning streak would teach people not to doubt Joe Gibbs -- you know, the guy who just happens to be the best coach in playoff history -- but judging from what all the experts are saying, the Skins have no chance to win this game. Well we had no chance to beat Dallas either. The Giants were supposed to end our season. Same goes for the Bucs. One question: what are all those teams doing now?

Have faith in Joe. His players do, and I've never seen a team play harder. The Seattle Seahawks are in for a helluva fight.

On 980 right now, blabbering bout how we have no chance...nobody wants to hear this stuff right now. He says we are running into a brick wall and we have a blind belief in Joe Gibbs. Wow, can't believe him right now. Does he know this is local radio?

Why does he go back and fourth so much? He loves us and then he turns around and stick a bamboo stick right up our :toilet:

Good work man, good work...he is still spewing his hate all over us though.

Bram was not spewing hate...I listened to it. He said that we could be in for a tough game because we're so injured, playing a team that's healthy, rested, and undefeated at home. He said if we were healthy, we'd probably win the game.

He said he wants the Skins to win as much as anybody, but thinks its going to be tough for us to win simply because of the injuries.

Bram was not spewing hate...I listened to it. He said that we could be in for a tough game because we're so injured, playing a team that's healthy, rested, and undefeated at home. He said if we were healthy, we'd probably win the game.

He said he wants the Skins to win as much as anybody, but thinks its going to be tough for us to win simply because of the injuries.

did you hear his comments before he started backpeddaling?

Guys, I hate to tell you all this, but not everyone's going to think we are going to beat the nine point favorites. Bram could very much WANT us to win. He just doesn't think we will.

It's ok. Really. :)

Exactly. This is Bram's stance. People shouldn't freak out about it, or what any of the media says.

did you hear his comments before he started backpeddaling?

Actually I heard about 10 minutes into the show until he stopped talking about the Skins. So that is what I heard...although I didn't hear him saying we're running into a brick wall etc. etc.

He thinks there's a lot of people automatically saying we're in headed to the Superbowl b/c of Gibbs. He thinks everyone discredits Seattle because they are known to choke in the playoffs.

Who knows what he's doing, maybe just playing the Joe Theismann superstition card and downplaying us on purpose.

the Redskins may actually be a healthier team this week than they were against the Bucs.

Rogers is back another week. Brunell has gotten additional treatment for the MCL sprain which now goes back 4 weeks. Springs is back. Griffin and Salavea are perhaps as healthy as they have been all season. Moss seems recovered from his mild hamstring strain of a couple of weeks ago.

The player most to be worried about is Portis. His shoulders didn't look good in the second half of the Bucs game and we don't know how he will bounce back.

He is the key player to watch. If he is close to 100% on Saturday, the Redskins have a legitimate chance to win this game.

If he is unable to play and carry his usual load, the Redskins are going to have to depend upon the defense to again force turnovers and hope for some favorable breaks.

Actually I heard about 10 minutes into the show until he stopped talking about the Skins. So that is what I heard...although I didn't hear him saying we're running into a brick wall etc. etc.

He thinks there's a lot of people automatically saying we're in headed to the Superbowl b/c of Gibbs. He thinks everyone discredits Seattle because they are known to choke in the playoffs.

Who knows what he's doing, maybe just playing the Joe Theismann superstition card and downplaying us on purpose.

eh, im through defending my stance on this...weinstein is garbage. :2cents:

It would be different if this were the Colts...

but we are talking about a 13-3 team with an easy schedule..a 17th ranked defense (not number 1 like Tampa) A team with a history of blowing it in the playoffs. While the Skins had one of the toughest schedules and have won 6 in a row and beat Seattle once already in a close game in OT.

Seattle is the number 2 ranked offense and undefeated at home..that's it.

Are the pundits this stupid or do they just hate the Skins so much?

Weinstein is not a hack or a 'hater' guys. He's a very good guy. He's not paid to be a homer. I don't think he necessarily has any more insight than anyone else who immerses themselves in the NFL (I'm betting he'd grant you that if you spoke to him in person), but he IS a great guy.

There are worthier targets for lambasting, at least in my opinion.

And if he's wrong, he'll be the first to say so and give credit where its due.

Weinstein's negativity always seems of the whiney, feminine variety :laugh:

It would be one thing to go position by position and pick the Seahawks, but Bram seems to be more interested in trying to sense the 'bio-rhythms' of the teams and get all new age on us :laugh:

Archived