Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A true timeless coach...

dmauro1

sorry, not Joe but Dick Vermeil. Imagine if he was hc of the Redskins...we could start counting SBs. Why did he not take KC to the next level..defense. Guess what, we have GW, perhaps the best D mind in the NFL. DV could leave him alone like JG does. Although "old school" like JG, DV has a great mind for how O works in todays game. He came back and created the best O in the NFL 2x w/the Rams and KC. THe Rams D happened to play much better. We have just as much talent as KC's(#1 this year and last I believe) O has. Ramsey is very much like Trent Green, Clinton over Priest anyday(talent is even but he's more durable). Tony G. is nasty but they dont have someone like Moss, and Cooley could do great things under the right system. Patten would be more useful as well. Not to mention our O line w/Samuels, Jansen, Thomas, Raubach..imagine

We would be up there w/Indy no doubt

How is JG going to evolve the O this off-season..even supporters have to admit he prob won't. So we can get used to the nail biter, it could go either way games that we have played for the last 10 years plus. We might end up 11-5 or 6-10 depending on a few calls.

...what? Tell me, how many years did it take Vermeil to bring the Rams back to the playoffs? Oh, wait... what? Three? You mean he was a combined 9-23 in his first two years with the Rams?

And wait, hold on, wait... how many years did it take him to bring KC back to the playoffs? Wait, what was that? Did you say three years also? Oh...really? He was 14-18 in his first two years in KC, too?

Oh, really. Wow. Vermeil really did achieve success faster than Joe his first go around.

Is Dick Vermeil in the Playoffs? Didn't Dick Vermeil's vaunted offense lose to the Patriots in the superbowl and score a whopping 17 points? It doesn't matter if you can cultivate an offense. It matters if you can get the talent you have to win a championship. Vermiel did it once. Gibbs has already done it three times. Next time a thought pops in to your head you should sit on it.

I have to wonder where peoples' heads are at... In all of our proud history, Gibbs turns in a franchise best runner and receiver in the same year. He gets the team squared up and is winning playoff games. In his second year back.

The most sensitive man in America isn't playing.

And sure, we shouldn't expect improvement because the trend suggests there won't be any. I mean we were such worldbeaters last year and have regressed so badly.

I see the avatar I don't even bother reading it.. Seems liek a good place to pad my post count.. Yep laaa deee daaa dee daaaa, 24 hours until I'm on a plane to Seattle laa laaa laaa yawn burp fart.

He earned his avatar, and the honor of being ignored by everyone =)..

laa dee daaa

Dude, I wouldnt trade Joe Gibbs for any coach in the history of football!!! Joe is Redskin, period. Even in Nascar hie was "Redskin" Dick is a great coach and at one time I wished he was our coach because he reminds me of Joe Gibbs, not the other way around. Joe surrounds himself with winners on and off the field, and has the best staff in the NFL!! That my :2cents: .

By the way...............................:seahawksu

sorry, not Joe but Dick Vermeil. Imagine if he was hc of the Redskins...we could start counting SBs. Why did he not take KC to the next level..defense. Guess what, we have GW, perhaps the best D mind in the NFL. DV could leave him alone like JG does. Although "old school" like JG, DV has a great mind for how O works in todays game. He came back and created the best O in the NFL 2x w/the Rams and KC. THe Rams D happened to play much better. We have just as much talent as KC's(#1 this year and last I believe) O has. Ramsey is very much like Trent Green, Clinton over Priest anyday(talent is even but he's more durable). Tony G. is nasty but they dont have someone like Moss, and Cooley could do great things under the right system. Patten would be more useful as well. Not to mention our O line w/Samuels, Jansen, Thomas, Raubach..imagine

How is JG going to evolve the O this off-season..even supporters have to admit he prob won't. So we can get used to the nail biter, it could go either way games that we have played for the last 10 years plus. We might end up 11-5 or 6-10 depending on a few calls.

there's not enough time in the day to completely dissect and riducule all of your callous points.

i'll start with a couple thought in the interest of entertainment:

1. DV did not make it to the playoffs in his first two years back with st. louis. gibbs is already ahead of his pace by definition.

2. Priest Holmes is a decade older than Portis, and if CLinton WERE to go down, are you going to try and convince us that Ladell Betts, who i like very much, is on par with Larry Johnson?

3. Supporters will admit that Gibbs won't evolve the offense? that makes a lot of sense..............considering the VAST improvement from last season to this season.

does extremeskins have a minimum IQ reuirement?

Vermeil was a good coach and a great human being. Gibbs is a great coach and a great human being. There's your differences. Gibbs is still coaching and is a better coach, and there's proof that he's been evolving throughout the season based on his recent play calling. That shouldn't take anything away from Vermeil, but why even consider something like this?

YO ASSHEAD aka D. Mauron!

You are without a doubt the most annoying, useless idiot. I'm guessing you post such mindless drivel because you desparately need the attention; it's a common symptom for children whose mothers insisted on breastfeeding them into their teens.

Joe Gibbs accomplished MORE IN HIS FIRST 3 YEARS than Dick "scuse me while I kiss this guy" Vermeil accomplished in his ENTIRE career. The greatest show on turf NEVER scored as many points as Gibbs 83 team. By his 3rd year, St. Joe had as many SB appearances and victories as Vermeil, and had set a scoring record that even with Marshall Faulk, Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce Vermeil couldn't touch.

At least now we know whose ass you're wearing. So tell me, when Pasquarelli farts, does it make your ears tickle?

...what? Tell me, how many years did it take Vermeil to bring the Rams back to the playoffs? Oh, wait... what? Three? You mean he was a combined 9-23 in his first two years with the Rams?

And wait, hold on, wait... how many years did it take him to bring KC back to the playoffs? Wait, what was that? Did you say three years also? Oh...really? He was 14-18 in his first two years in KC, too?

Oh, really. Wow. Vermeil really did achieve success faster than Joe his first go around.

lol..DV started out in St.L with nothing. JG inherited a top notch squad that were underacheiving.

2x3=3..I should have paid more attention in college

vermiel has 2 trophy. gibbs has 3.

u should know more about football. also gibbs is number 3 on the all time playoff victory list. he is 3 away from tom landry who has 20.

he is 17-5

now i have endured only 1 good season in 12 years. now gibbs is back and we are on the verge of a nfc championship game and possible super bowl appearance. i don;t care i love joe gibbs. dick is a good coach but he is no joe gibbs.

Wow. I see your head is still firmly lodged in your ass. I have read some of your threads, and think your avatat says it all, but this one takes the cake. Gibbs has turned this team around, is on a 6 game winning streak including a playoff game, and you want Vermeil?

lol..DV started out in St.L with nothing. JG inherited a top notch squad that were underacheiving.

You know nothing about the Redskins Jioe Gibbs Built this Roster. Joe Gibbs inherited a bunch of scrubs, then he built a great roster. Let's look at the Roster from 2003 as this would be the players he would inherit.

Quarterbacks

Gibran Hamdan |

| Tim Hasselbeck |

| Patrick Ramsey |

Running Backs:

| Ladell Betts |

| Trung Canidate |

| Rock Cartwright |

| Sultan McCullough |

| Chad Morton |

| John Simon |

Wide Recievers

| Laveranues Coles ||

| Rod Gardner | |

| Taylor Jacobs | 8

| Patrick Johnson |

| Darnerien McCants | |

| Cliff Russell | 3 |

Tight Ends

Byron Chamberlain | |

| Zeron Flemister | |

| Robert Royal | |

| Kevin Ware

Seeing as Gibbs is team President, he is responsible for bringing in the players we have.

Joe Gibbs built this team and in his second year isalready better than anything Dick Vermeil could dream of doing.

Boy just look at the powerhouses listed above from 2003. No doubt he really inherited a powerhouse. I will show you the rest of the positions if you still think Gibbs inherited a great team.

:helmet:

Vermiel has one trophy.

In Vermiel's second year back from retirement, his offense was 28th out of 30 teams.

In Gibbs' second year back from retirement, our offense is 11th out of 32 teams.

In Vermiel's second year back, his team went 4-12.

In Gibbs' second year back, we're 11-6 so far.

In his five years with the Chiefs, timeless Dick Vermeil went to the playoffs once and never won a playoff game. Gibbs has ALREADY done more with the Redskins than Vermiel did with the Cheifs.

And even if you erroneously give all the credit to Williams and his defense, can someone explain to me why Williams came here in the first place? That would be because of Gibbs. Why is Williams still here? Yes, that would again be Gibbs. In 2003 the Chiefs had the #29 defense in the league, which was dead last against the run. If Vermiel was so darn smart, why didn't he go out and grab Williams then? He didn't because our coach, Joe Gibbs, got him.

Right now Williams would rather work under Gibbs than be a head coach. That's huge. Give Williams credit for the defense, but then give Gibbs credit for Williams.

Vermiel? Thanks but no thanks. I'll take Gibbs.

Archived