Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Former Seahawk dies..Ut Oh !!!

Dccat

Yeah, but remember how universally loved Mara was? He was like everyone's favorite Grandfather on that team (and the NFL's favorite uncle!)

I really doubt that this players death will have the same impact on the game. I'm not saying its not a sad thing, and I'm sure certain players will be motivated, but was this former player one of such import and/or impact to affect the team in the same manner that the Giants were affected by Mara's death?

Yeah, read about that. It was also mentioned how Seattle was planning a Ring of Honor reunion, and him being a member but being unable to attend because of prior commitments. I'm sorry they had a player passing away, but what is it with NFL teams having their Ring of Honor festivities against the Skins?

Former NFL Player: Dave Brown passes away

The Ring of Honor inductees will be saluted at Saturday's division playoff game against the Washington Redskins, but recruiting commitments for Texas Tech were going to prevent Brown from attending.

Yeah, read about that. It was also mentioned how Seattle was planning a Ring of Honor reunion, and him being a member but being unable to attend because of prior commitments. I'm sorry they had a player passing away, but what is it with NFL teams having their Ring of Honor festivities against the Skins?

The Ring of Honor inductees will be saluted at Saturday's division playoff game against the Washington Redskins, but recruiting commitments for Texas Tech were going to prevent Brown from attending.

This is so dumb....they planned this ahead time just for this game, just like the other teams...extra motivation IMO....they will errect a staute on quest field for him, watch..

-Grant

Yeah...why don't they ask Dallas how that "Ring of Honor" thing worked out for them... :laugh:

was dave brown that good?
Yes, he was that good. And no, they're not going to have a priest on the field. They will probably have a moment of silence just like most teams do. He already was a member of the Ring of Honor, there won't be any new inductees.

(Does the idea of a priest on the field really bother you that much?)

Yes, he was that good. And no, they're not going to have a priest on the field. They will probably have a moment of silence just like most teams do. He already was a member of the Ring of Honor, there won't be any new inductees.

(Does the idea of a priest on the field really bother you that much?)

Sorry for some of the crass comments, BT, but there's some paranoia around here because of the first Giants game the weekend following Wellington Mara's death, when we went up to NJ and got crushed 35-0. The Giants were really up for that game and we came out flat. Emotions are running high anyway because it's the playoffs.

Personally, I see no comparison here given that this guy last coached for the 'hawks 7 years ago and there are very few players there who even remember him - we even have one of those players in Springs.

So please excuse the comments.

The day the Seahawks broke the NFL record for interceptions-returned-for-TDs against the Chiefs, Dave Brown returned two of them. He was amazing, and an integral part of the 83-84 run (the proudest-until-this-year time in our history).

There's no telling how Dave Brown's death will impact the team, if at all. When Brett Favre's dad died, he played great and the Packers won. When Tony Dungy's son died, the Colts played flat (to listen to many Skins fans here). When Wellington Mara died, the Giants won big. I don't know how many of the players personally knew Dave Brown or knew anything about him, but our QB coach was personal friends with him. And many fans such as myself had tremendous respect for him. If I had to guess, it might provoke the croud to be a bit louder in the first part of the game. Who knows...

Archived