Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Wilbon Must Go!!!

bigtme fan

I'm so sick of that sorry As* Michael Wilbon - writer for the Washington Post. He hates the Redskins, an basically hates everything about Washington. But boy, he sure loves everything about Chicago. This guy is pathetic. Send him back to Chicago! His piece in the Post today about Sean Taylor was dripping with venom. It sounded like the writing of a very disturbed Tampa writer or a Seattle writer trying to create an evil monster. I don't expect local writers to be "homers" - but for god's sake if you hate the city you are in, get the hell out. He compared Taylor to Marcus Vick, and basically said they are identical.

He used his column to dredge up everything possible on Taylor and convict him of everything imaginable. Wilbon makes me puke.

Hopefully we can take care of his Yogi Bears next week! I agree with you!

Ever notice how he sucks up to Sonny and Riggo on the Redskins Report?

Take Kornheiser with him, even though he admits when he is wrong and admits he isn't an expert on things. Wilbon tells "it" like it's fact or something.

Wilbon does NOT hate the Redskins. He is a very harsh critic, I agree, but in no way hates the 'Skins. He pisses me off sometimes too, but when the 'Skins play well, he gives them their due. He is a bitter man, and it has taken me a while to get used to his writing. But understand, Washington is full of cynics. He fits in.

Wilbon doesnt hate the Redskins. He and Kornheiser are OK in my book. (I like PTI)

He loves to play the tough guy over issues like Taylor's, and he usually goes overboard. I doubt he would react any differently if it had been Pittman who spit on Taylor.

PTI is the worst sports related show on TV. Neither of them can make a point because the other one is always interruptingand yelling over the other. HORRIBLE SHOW! I watch Seinfeld at 5:30.

Have you seen some of the other shows on ESPN? Its the best if for no other reason than process of elimination.

"Michael Wilbon Must Go!!!" ...?

I truly doubts he hates the Skins at all. I feel that he's critical when he needs to be. He gives out praises when praises are deserved. Just because the writer isnt always biased towards the home team doesn't mean he need to go.

I don't think Wilbon was too off the mark on this one. I like the way Taylor makes plays, but I have zero tolerance for classless acts like what he did. Coach Gibbs is trying to build a team with character, and Taylor showed the opposite of that.

[EDIT]The point Wilbon was making is that in a league where you get a $20k fine for wearing the wrong socks, a $17k fine for doing one of the most disrespectful things you can do on the field - is a joke.[/EDIT]

If the Burgundy and Gold shoe fits, you must acquit, or wear it, or whatever.

I like Wilbon, I have had the opportunity to meet him on a couple of occasions and I enjoyed it. I don't think Mike hates the Redskins at all, he is paid to give his honest opinion and that is what he does, I don't always agree, but he is entitled to his opinion just as we are.

I chuckled at the article. He was looking for a comparison and way overstated his case for Taylor vs. Marcus Vick I guess to somehow make him meet his deadline. he wanted a $100,000 fine for the spitting episode. That makes sense. I've said it before, this is the clown the said the NBA All-Star game was the Black Thanksgiving. Since then I take everything he writes wuith a grain of salt. Wilbon = blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

:point2sky

PTI is the worst sports related show on TV. Neither of them can make a point because the other one is always interruptingand yelling over the other. HORRIBLE SHOW! I watch Seinfeld at 5:30.

I think Cold Pizza has them beat.....I don't watch any of those ESPN shows....they all suck IMO....

I actually like Michael Wilbon. He gets overly critical and very animated at times (ok...most of the time), but that's his thing. Most of the time, he is making very valid points, but they get lost behind the wise cracks and the shouting. I don't always agree with him, but in the article that you referenced, he made some very good points. And I don't think that he hates the Skins at all.

Wilbon does NOT hate the Redskins. He is a very harsh critic, I agree, but in no way hates the 'Skins. He pisses me off sometimes too, but when the 'Skins play well, he gives them their due. He is a bitter man, and it has taken me a while to get used to his writing. But understand, Washington is full of cynics. He fits in.

Good posting.

Im as big of a 'Redskin-hater' hater as anyone, but I love Wilbon. Yes he likes Chicago, but he is not a homer for them or a Redskin hater. After every game for the last few years I've looked forward to reading his articles because they are always objective and on-point. Like was written above, if the Skins stink, which they HAVE mostly the past few years, he says they stink. If they are good, like they have been, he writes about how good of a team they are, like he did when they headed into the playoffs. He is a good objective journalist. If Pittman had done the spitting, he would have threw the 'venom' at him equally.

Archived