Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Wilbon Must Go!!!

bigtme fan

PTI is the worst sports related show on TV. Neither of them can make a point because the other one is always interruptingand yelling over the other. HORRIBLE SHOW! I watch Seinfeld at 5:30.

Are you kidding? PTI is a revolutionary show and a HUGE success. Do you have any idea how popular this show is? As far as Wilbon, I have no problem with the way covers the 'Skins. He is from Chicago and I expect him to pull for the Bears. And don't you think Taylor deserved to be slammed? He spit on another player. Can't do much worse than that on the field.

After Boswell (an unabashed Redskin lover), Wilbon is the only columnist in the Post with a solid sports opinion. Wilbon used to hate the Skins, now he he has an affection for them, not a love. His article about Taylor and Vick was right on BTW. He did hint that there is still hope for ST, less so for Vick.

I also loved his comparison to $20K for socks and $17K for spitting, a little jab at the NFL hypocrisy.

Where do people like you come from? I'm a huge skins fan and a complete homer when it comes to them. But he hasn't berated the skins he simply made a valid point that Taylor needs to improve on his Thuggish image. These were the same points that were made while he skipped the entire offseason and flashed a gun at some people that stole his SUV's.

I think we are lucky to have 2 of the most respected well written colomnists in all of sports. What would you rather have Woody Page and Bob Ryan?

Hopefully we can take care of his Yogi Bears next week! I agree with you!

Ever notice how he sucks up to Sonny and Riggo on the Redskins Report?

Take Kornheiser with him, even though he admits when he is wrong and admits he isn't an expert on things. Wilbon tells "it" like it's fact or something.

yes, i have noticed the sucking up as well. Wilbon is generallt not a total hater, but i thought his article on Taylor was not only over the top, but out of line as well. he came off extremely high and almighty.

with all due respect, removing an institution like Kornheiser would be blasphemy. we, as a town, are lucky to have him.

Wilbon is cool to me, I read his sectiont every Monday win or lose, he makes me fell better after a lost and makes me laugh after a win. Trust me when I say this journalist job is not to make anybody happy it is to tell their opion on the subject at hand. So someday when I start being a journalist I am pretty sure I am going to piss somebody off. Not on purpose though.

Wilbon is okay, he just has no balls.

Tony K has balls. He sticks his neck out for what he believes; sometimes it gets chopped off (Spurrier not going anywhere) and sometimes he is right on; Redskins win the last 5 games. Either way he is not afraid to take a stance. Wilbon plays it too safe but he’s still an excellent sportswriter in my opinion.

Wilbon does not hate the Skins. You must only read his articles after we lose or after someone gets fined only 17K for spitting when Portis was fined 20K for socks. Now does that make any sense at all? Matter fact, he was mad at the NFL.

Hopefully we can take care of his Yogi Bears next week! I agree with you!

Ever notice how he sucks up to Sonny and Riggo on the Redskins Report?

Take Kornheiser with him, even though he admits when he is wrong and admits he isn't an expert on things. Wilbon tells "it" like it's fact or something.

YES!! I agree, he kisses up to Riggo and Sonny on the Redskins Report. HE writes very harsh articles about the Skins, then when confronted face-to-face by people like Roggo... he backs down and changes his tune.

He said there was no way the Skins would win 5 in a row and make the playoffs. When asked to make his prediction for the Giants game he picked the Skins (after being pressured by George Michael, Riggo, etc..) but still said the Skins would not make the playoffs (thus saying that the would definitely lose to the Eagles in the last week???). He makes no sense... NONE!

Wilbon does not hate the Skins. You must only read his articles after we lose or after someone gets fined only 17K for spitting when Portis was fined 20K for socks. Now does that make any sense at all? Matter fact, he was mad at the NFL.

Well, Wilbon doesn't take into the fact that in addition to the fine, Sean Taylor was ejected for more than a full quarter of the game. That is huge.

As a Redskin fan for 28 years, I have to interject something here. I live in Dallas Texas, which if there is a place one would see negative press about the skins, it would be here, right? wrong. The dallas morning news actually hasnt hardly even touched the Taylor incedent and has just written about the Redskins being in the playoffs like any other team. The point here is, everybody has an opinion, writers, lay people, all of us. I live in Dallas and hate the cowboys, this writer you speak of lives in DC and writes bad stuff about the skins. Perhaps he does it to give you all a rise, which seems to have worked. Maybe he is being objective. If you think about it, the Redskins really didnt start impressing any of us, until they started their 5 in a row, or we dont go drive. Although, I personally was more impressed with their losses to Denver and Kansas City, than I was with their 3 wins in a row. The Redskins are a target for many. The name offends many, the fact that the team is located in the heart (or close by) of our political system, our coach is a very Christian man and now we have a spitter on our hands. Oh joy... Unfortunately many will never just look at the Redskins as a team of hard working individuals just trying to bring a championship home. Go Skins!

Archived