Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What will you do if the Skins lose to Seattle?

jauburn

IF we lose the first thing I'll do is thank each player I see for all the hard work they put in to make this year a great building year to something more. And I will tell them fans at ExtremeSkins agree. We wanted to win, but, we're proud of the step they took to improve us and make us competitive again.

Then, I'll come here and see garbage and wonder why we bother :).

1st paragraph...AMEN!

2nd paragraph...ain't that the truth

Any year when the Skins sweep Dallas and Philly is a good year. Even if they didn't make the playoffs I would be satisfied with that fact alone. Getting revenge on NYG and Tampa made things even better. I will never forget how FedEx was when Dallas got crushed!! This was a great season win or lose against Seattle. Coach Gibbs and everyone are building a contender which people will find out next year!!

:logo:

I will drink heavily into the wee hours. That's what I normally do on a saturday night.

What am I supposed to do? Rant and rave? Slit my wrists? We have come so far as a team this season, and you know what, we'll be even better next season. The longer our core group plays in Gibbs and Williams systems, the better they get. This late season run is more then enough evidence.

Sure I will be a little sad if we happen to lose, but I have my health, family, and a winning season to be happy about.

:cheers:

a reiteration of what other people have already said -

think of how much more of a team we have become. think of how much improvement we have shown, and how we, according to the experts, "shouldn't" be where we are.

i'll also remember week 2, and the absolutely sensational comeback, and the feeling i had the next morning when i had class and got a copy of the Post. read wilbon's article and got chills when i read about how this was the sign of a joe gibbs team, and the sign of things to come.

what would i really have to feel bad about? we overperformed and became a frightening team in the NFC East, just like we used to be. we made the playoffs, and i remember this board in week 1, and all the pessimism of the ramsey/brunell switch, the lavar stuff going on after the first giant's week, etc...

we overcame it, and that is what playoff teams do.

I'll just smile knowing that we have had a VERY successful season. I'll also bask in the joy of knowing that next year we will have minimal turnover on personnel, and none on coaching (again, finally!)

I'll know that we are one good DE and one solid #2 WR away from challenging for the SB.

:) :) :) :) :)

IF we lose the first thing I'll do is thank each player I see for all the hard work they put in to make this year a great building year to something more. And I will tell them fans at ExtremeSkins agree. We wanted to win, but, we're proud of the step they took to improve us and make us competitive again.

Then, I'll come here and see garbage and wonder why we bother :).

I'm thinking I'll say "Wait 'till next year".

(Then I'll remind myself that, for the first time in a while, it is next year.)

Then I'll stop by here, and wait for the "Fire Brunell" threads.

Find the largest cliff and jump off it yup just end it all :laugh: Seriously, just reflect on a very good year this season is success even if they do not meet their goals because no one gave them a chance at the beginning of the season. Every one saying they were going to finish last no one and I mean no one said that they were a playoff team.

First of all.. this is sortof a downer of a thread...

But given the fact they play the games for a reason and there is a possibility we could lose, I'll play along.

IF we lose and we played our hearts out.. i.e., Seattle wins the game and we don't shoot ourselves in the foot. I'll be fine. I'll be excited about next season and the fact we have a stable coaching staff.

Then I'll get warm clothes on and make my way down to Redskin Park to greet the team and tell them THANK YOU for a wonderful year.

Personally.. I just have a good positive vibe about this game that nothing is able to shake. That's usually a good sign for me. I'm not overconfident and I am nervous, but I don't feel any real negativity.

:cheers:

(Oh.. if we lose because we shoot ourselves in the foot, I'll be angry and frustrated, but will still go greet the team and thank them for a heck of a year!)

Then like all else, I'll come back here to watch the threads on having _______'s name on a platter. (Fill in the blank appropriately).

Sometimes it helps to do some forward thinking to imagine what you'll do or feel if the Skins should do the unspeakable and lose to Seattle.

What's the first thing you'll do? And how will you make your peace with a defeat?

I'll get angry, very angry, at the thought that Mike Holmgren could outcoach Joe Gibbs in a game of this magnitude, particularly because Gibbs won earlier this season, so losing would suggest the Redskins haven't improved as much as the Seahawks. I'll probably put a hole through some wall, thinking that perhaps we let Brunell play too long injured.

I'll look back on us sweeping the cowboys, sweeping the eagles, keeping the cowboys out of the playoffs, beating every nfc division winner, winning joe gibbs first playoff game since he came back (more the parcells can say), record setting years for our number one running back and number one reciever, and look forward to the upcoming year. this team has far exceeded my expectations the day it won its 9th game, so i wont have much to complain about.

Archived