Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok this BS from this jerk takes the cake.

TheGreek1973

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/specials/playoffs/2005/01/07/closer.look.redskins.bucs/index.html

Washington: OK, Tampa Bay has the No. 1 defense in the league. I know, I know. But, come on. The Redskins' so-called offense was much more brutal than advertised. Once Derrick Brooks and the rest of Tampa Bay's defense did the job on Clinton Portis -- finally -- the Redskins were absolutely lost. Portis, who ran for 144 yards on Tampa Bay in November, was fresh off five straight 100-yard games, but he was stopped from the start by the middle of the Bucs' line. And when Portis flamed out (53 yards on 16 carries, a pathetic 3.3-yard average), the team's lack of receiving depth was painfully evident. Big playmaker Santana Moss caught only two passes for 18 yards -- and he was the big playmaker on Saturday. Mark Brunell threw only 15 passes and wasn't very good with any of them (thus the 25.7 passer rating). Really ... 120 total yards of offense? (Which, by the way, is the worst ever by a winning playoff team.) Only 42 yards in the second half? And this is a winning playoff team? We knew the 'Skins had issues. But, man, that was a no-show, even given the fact that it was against the top-ranked defense.

10. When posting anything concerning news articles from outside sources, please include a direct link (i.e., URL) to the origination page/site.

Please paste the URL directly atop the post, above a small portion of the article's text (for example, the lead paragraph or a particular sentence or two) . Such a practice provides credibility and attribution to the source of the information, and allows visitors the option to visit the respective websites. You are responsible for the content you post.

If you are posting a published article from a news source, please title your thread in the following format: "SOURCE SHORTFORM: HEADLINE" (Ex. WP: Redskins Sign CB Shawn Springs). Please see our copyright statement.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/specials/playoffs/2005/01/07/closer.look.redskins.bucs/index.html

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote huge blocks of text or pictures.

If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post, simply quote the sentence or idea that you're commenting upon, not necessarily the entire post. It wastes space on the database and unnecessarily extends and clutters threads.

Happy to piss in his corn flakes.

I'm not seeing much of a problem with this analysis, to be honest.

PLAYER WHO IMPRESSED ME

It's maybe a little strange, given the defensive nature of Saturday's game and the last killer interception that he threw off a tipped ball, but I'm going to give some credit to Simms. He's still young, and he has a long way to go, but he showed a nice touch against a good defense in the first playoff game of his career. He didn't make too many completely dumb throws, his timing was good with his receivers and when he had to make the big pass to Shepherd to get the Bucs back in the game, he did. (It's not Simms' fault the guy dropped it.) He took an early sack he shouldn't have, but he showed a knack for escaping the pocket in a couple of instances. He overthrew a guy or two, too, and he wasn't very bold with his throws (his long was 24 yards). But, all in all, after his 25-for-38 passing effort, Tampa Bay fans have to think good things are ahead for Simms.

I was also pretty impressed with Chris Simms. If he could work on not getting his passes tipped at the line of scrimmage (he had the second highest percentage of tipped passes in the league this year), he could be a pretty decent quarterback like his old man.

Their defense allowed fewer yards. Ours produced more turnovers. We won. Why is that such a problem?

Before the game everyone said they expected a low scoring, defensive battle.

Then after a low scoring, defensive battle, everyone keep talking about how terrible the offenses played.

Meh. If you care so much about style points, watch figure skating.

Sounds like he lost a bet or something... maybe has to get a second mortgage to settle up. Wow... talk about a guy who isn't afraid to show who his allegiance is for on gameday. An obvious TB fan... hoping for a SuperBowl run... who's dreams were dashed by a ferocious defense that took the opportunities when presented. I'd say it's going to be a long offseason for him. :laugh:

This guy is definitely a prick. What the prick forgets to add is that Portis stats are BETTER than Cadillac "In the Garage" Williams. Even worst...Portis played less than half the game while Cadillac played the ENTIRE game. I'm sorry, but 53 yards and 1 TD is very respectable when you are out the majority of the game.

I also love the line "the Bucs were patient enough offensively to win this game." Is this guy on crack...because they DIDN'T WIN!

He then gives the credit to Simms for being an effective passer. Sorry, but passer rating doesn't mean shizzle if you can't throw it where it counts...the endzone. I could care less if Simms threw for 600 yards that day. If the defense has one job, it's preventing the offense from scoring, and our defense did it. Simms was not EFFECTIVE!!!

Well its pretty clear that he's not a Skins fan, he had nuthin but bad things to say about the Redskins. But in the end it doesn't matter cause the Redskins are goin to Seattle with a game to play. I believe that this season is our season of destiny and no man can stop it. Some people will just never believe, not even when were playing at the Superbowl, there will still be doubters and they'll say it was a fluke but the trophy will be ours and they cant take that away!!! JUST KEEP BELIEVEING..IT'S ALREADY WRITTEN!

Why didn't he mention our offensive performance leading up to our ROAD GAME against the NUMBER ONE D IN THE LEAGUE. We played some pretty worthy inner division rivals to get to this playoff game. We put up 30 on all of them.

For this ***** to even suggest that Clinton Portis was using his shoulders as an excuse makes me so mad. I can't explain how idiotic that is. There are no words for people like this guy. Oh wait a minute yes there is. A waste of F'ing skin.

Where are the articles ripping Tampa for losing to such a horrible team?

We won the *&^%$#@ game!!! Since when did it have to be pretty?

The win didn't exactly instill confidence, but neither did 7 or 8 consecutive losing seaons!

I don't care if we won 3-0 producing 10 yards of total offense. We won, we go on.

Where are the articles ripping Tampa for losing to such a horrible team?

We won the *&^%$#@ game!!! Since when did it have to be pretty?

The win didn't exactly instill confidence, but neither did 7 or 8 consecutive losing seaons!

I don't care if we won 3-0 producing 10 yards of total offense. We won, we go on.

That's right, a win is a win period.

That's why I mute out (mentally) when the Media talks about Redskins. I gotta tell ya, it has worked pretty well thus far. No matter what, they will say stuff like that. If it goes this way, even if we go to SuperBowl, they will talk like it never happened. Fawkin Media! But then again, that's how they make a living. What can I say.

Archived