Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shaun Alexander's Skewed Rushing Stats..

Portis the Tortoise

The last three years the Seahawks are a combined 21-3 @ Seahawk Stadium. All 3 loses coming in 2004. Seahawk Stadium will be as loud as The Kingdome. With the weather around 40 degrees and raining with Hawk fans going nuts, the Skins will have a very tough time dealing with those conditions.

The last three years the Seahawks are a combined 21-3 @ Seahawk Stadium. All 3 loses coming in 2004. Seahawk Stadium will be as loud as The Kingdome. With the weather around 40 degrees and raining with Hawk fans going nuts, the Skins will have a very tough time dealing with those conditions.

Been there, done that. The Skins don't play in the tropics you know. It's 40 degrees and raining alot of the winter there too. It being in Seattle will be a tough factor to overcome but it can be done.

I really wasn't trying to say that Shaun was overrated. I was merely pointing out that he did a very significant portion of his damage against very poor teams/defenses. Shaun is a very good back and and Seattle has a very good O-line. But Tiki, Larry Johnson and LT, for example, scare me more than he does. Frankly, I'm more scared of DJax/Jurevicius/Engram. If we shut down their passing game and make them one dimensional, I'll give Shaun his 110 and 1 and take that to the NFC Championship game.

Yes, how Alexander could have been chosen over Tiki Barber when Tiki had the second highest total yards for a season and the Giants played the 14th hardest schedule in the NFL amazes me.

How does Tiki Barber not win that? He would have had THE highest ever if we hadn't shut him down.

:doh: as usual

I really wasn't trying to say that Shaun was overrated. I was merely pointing out that he did a very significant portion of his damage against very poor teams/defenses. Shaun is a very good back and and Seattle has a very good O-line. But Tiki, Larry Johnson and LT, for example, scare me more than he does. Frankly, I'm more scared of DJax/Jurevicius/Engram. If we shut down their passing game and make them one dimensional, I'll give Shaun his 110 and 1 and take that to the NFC Championship game.

OK, Point taken. He did tear up some bad defenses. It helps the numbers. I feel he is a top 3 back though.

Skins against some of the best backs in the league recently

Rookie of the Year - Williams: 49 yds

Pro Bowler who gouged us for 200+ the first time - Barber: 80 yds

Guy who ripped off 194 yds against a team with a higher ranked D - Jones: 79 yds

MVP this year - Alexander: 98 yds on 20 carries

So Alexander is overrated and Seahawks played a soft schedule. You guys are really reaching to find some reason to have hope. But like I was told by a 'skins fan about your year 'just making the playoffs is a huge success'.

lol... too bad the seahawks have not won a playoff game in 20 plus years.

it looksl ike you guys have not had success for over 20 years :silly:

overrated might be lil strong. but he (and Seattle) played a very, very, very, easy schedule this year. You can not over look this stat. Seattle looks scary until you look at who they really played. I realize a wins a win and theyre 13-3, but dont forget they only won against 3 winning teams ALL year. and one was Indy who rested starters. the others were barely won at home against Dallas and Giants. 3 pt wins. Now saying all that, to be fair. They didnt pick their schedule and they whipped up on those losing record teams pretty good. I do think they are a really good team. I also think Redskins are playing good, considering who they have beat. I think home field is only thing favoring Seattle. Dont forget about our D. and our O is playing 16th rank D. next wk.

my prediction,

SKINS 27-21

lol... too bad the seahawks have not won a playoff game in 20 plus years.

it looksl ike you guys have not had success for over 20 years :silly:

You're absolutely right. That is why the Seahawks are hungry and WILL win on Saturday. I don't know of any Seahawk player, coach or fan that is satisfied with just making the playoffs. We won't be satisfied with anything short of a Super Bowl win, whether it's this year or next. The Redskins just happen to be the next team between the Seahawks and their ultimate goal. That doesn't bode well for the Redskins.

Alexander is a stud. Period. Whether or not the entire Seahawks team is overrated may be subject to debate. I do know that if we put up a similar performance as the Tampa game, then we're in trouble. Seattle is not a world beater, and they have a coach that makes some of the most idiotic decisions I've ever seen. This game could go either way, but if it comes down to coaching, we win.

I really don't understand how anyone can say that Alexander is not a STUD! My goodness, the man scored 28 TDs this year. I don't care how weak the schedule is - 28 is 28. That being said, I believe that GW will devise a scheme to slow him down and put the pressure completely on Hasselbeck, who will then crumble and choke. AGAIN !

HTTR

Its really hard to hate on Alexander when he scored 28 TDs. Twenty-eight. Veinte y ocho. XXVIII. (I don't know any other languages :laugh: ). That is a ton of points scored by one man, and you can't take that away from him...Shaun doesn't pick the schedule he plays; he takes advantage of it.

That being said, I think if you put Portis, Tiki, Edge, Caddilac, LT2, etc. behind Steve Hutchinson and Walter Jones and then played that schedule, they would all have monster numbers as well. Alexander is a product of his oline and schedule. However so was Emmit Smith...but unfortunately that didn't stop ol' Emmit from winning 3 superbowls.

I still think the Skins are going to win, but as Art pointed out in his thread, its really a win-win situation. If we lose, hell, you can't be mad. This team has already outperformed expectations. If we win, man...how sweet would that be?!??!

Skins 31 - Hawks 28 in a thriller.

:whippin: :seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu:whippin: :seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu:whippin: :seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu:whippin: :seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu:whippin: :seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu:whippin: :seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu:whippin: :seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu:whippin: :seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu :whippin::seahawksu:whippin: :seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu :whippin::seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu :whippin: :seahawksu

After looking further into Shaun's great numbers this year, I found a very interesting trend. Seattle only played 5 games against teams over .500 this year. One of those 5 came in Week 16 against Indy, who only played their starters for 1 quarter. If you throw that game out, in Shaun's other games against teams greater than .500, he averaged a very mediocre 21.5 carries for 85.5 yards and 1/2 of one TD per contest. In his games against lesser opponents (Arz, SF, Stl twice apiece, Hou, Tenn, etc.), Shaun averaged 23.66 carries for 109.85 yards and an astounding 2.16 TDs.

Not only does this bode well for Washington, but keep in mind that we've already played 11 games vs. teams above .500, while Seattle has only played 4 (Indy would be 5, but that was a nonsense game). Washington comes into this weekend's game as a far more seasoned unit than the Seahawks. If Gibbs and Co. can muster 20 points, and the defense doesn't allow Hasselbeck to beat us, I think we'll be heading to Carolina with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line.

You know the funny thing about you guys? A lot of you point to the Seahawks schedule as the reason why you guys will win Saturday... you call us "pretenders", "soft", "overrated", pull up trends from the 1980's, etc. And face it.. NONE of this will matter Saturday..

But for the sake of argument.. and because I like to have some fun.. check this out Redskin fans..

Common Opponents: NYG, Dal, Phi, AZ, STL, SF

Go figure.. you played our weak division too! And guess what.. we had the same success against them that you did, but somehow we're overrated .. funny thing statistics are.

Hell I'll take it further.. your "dominant" division went 0-3 against us.

Look - you guys beat us back in Week 4, congrats. What you all fail to mention is there were a lot of things in that game that went in your favor.

* Our usual automatic kicker missing 2 FG's, one of them hitting the upright as time expired in regulation.

* A phantom PI call on a pass that set up your 2nd touchdown of the afternoon that day.. who knows what the outcome of that game is if you wipe that TD off the board.

There are some others - but these are the most glaring. I'll give you all credit though.. you had to win out to get in (starting in what .. Week 12?) and you did.. but Week 4 is a longggg time ago - this is a healthier, better team than the one you remember.

And we're not going to FedEx field for once - we're at home, where we have only lost 4 times in the past 3 years - and all those losses came a year ago.

But you can keep twisting the numbers in your favor, you can keep doubting us because we unfortunately didn't play in a division with the 2001 Ravens, 1985 Bears, and 1998 Broncos - all that is fine. Because I think you all may be in for a little surprise come Saturday if you continue to doubt this Seattle Seahawks team.

There really isnt any statistic that says outright the Seahawks win in a blowout or convincing fashion.

I think we will make it out alive, as long as this stadium's tiles dont fall on us!

HAHAHA.. wow thats hilarious..

It's a shame the stadium is open air.

(Waits for overplayed coffee joke)

Seattle is not a world beater, and they have a coach that makes some of the most idiotic decisions I've ever seen. This game could go either way, but if it comes down to coaching, we win.

Uhhh... Holmgren is one of the more experienced/respected coaches in the game.. care to elaborate which "idiotic" decisions he's made - that you've actually seen?

Archived