Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2006 Free-agents lists

randythesofine

http://www.theredzone.org/2006/freeagents/

Who would you like to see on the team next year? Our needs are DE, WR, and CB.

DE---Kampman or Mathis

WR---David Boston or some Vikings receivers look good

CB---resign our guys, don't need CBs in my opinion, got a good core group of guys in the secondary when we're healthy we're fine at that position:helmet:

Wayne is too expensive and his stock is probably too high for what he's really worth.

Bryant/Givens/Randle El would be nice and all good compliments to Moss at WR.

Vanden Bosch is probably going to be like Wayne. Anthony Weaver or Kimo von Oelhoffen would come at a better price and be more worthwhile.

They can draft a nickelback/2nd string corner in the second round; we have Springs and Rogers. They can also try their luck with one or two DEs as an insurance policy.

They really need to sign Clark. Other than that, we should sail smoothly into 2006. :)

I'd jump at Randle El actually. It'll allow us to say good-bye to Brown and his punt returning inefficiencies; while also adding another threat on offense that can run, catch, and even throw occasionally. In my mind it just makes too much sense.

The Niners are tight with their money. If we can get our payroll scaled back a tad we could make a bid for Lloyd. Thge question is what kind of compensation would we have to dish out?

I think they will resign Arnez Battle for less before they resign Loyd to a bigger contract. If they get rid of either I would make an attempt at the discarded one.

WR- Expensive Option: Reggie Wayne, Mid-tier Options: Bryant, Jurevicius, and Lloyd, Cheap Option: Kevin Johnson (he was the Browns' no. 1 receiver just two seasons ago)

DE- Draft a speed pass-rusher w/ some run stopping skills with the 2nd round pick

CB- Draft one with the 3rd rounder

My list:

Wide Receivers:

Koren Robinson - Age:25 - has a lot to prove to himself and the NFL; could acquire for a reasonable price.

WR - Peter Warrick - Age:28 - lost his job to injury and younger players; could be a nice addition pending a physical and incentive based contract.

Jabar Gaffney - Age:25 - young player looking for a modest pay day and more likely looking for a winning team. (This is my first choice.)

Marc Boerigter - Age:27 - big target, might be hard to acquire with Herm going to KC.

Tight Ends:

John Gilmore - Age:26

Justin Peelle - Age:26 - Gates forces him to be the second string; might be our new starter.

Cornerback:

Brian Williams - Age:25 - Lost playing time early in the year to Smoot in Minny. Would be a nice addition to our secondary.

Kenny Wright - Age:28 - Starter Jags, same aggressive style defense.

Nate Clements - Age:26 - Reunite him with Williams, may be too expensive.

R.W. McQuarters - Age:29 - Getting up there in age. Can still ball and is probably ready to play for a winner.

Will Allen - Age:27 - Starter experience, could learn about the Giants

Defensive End:

Draft some.

at DE would could probably get Vanden Bosch or von Oelhoffen for pretty cheap...

I personally don't want either of these guys. Vanden Bosch has had one good season. He is usually injured and will want some big cash because of his one really good season in weak DE free agent pool.

Von Oelhoffen is too old. We need some young blood.

I personally don't want either of these guys. Vanden Bosch has had one good season. He is usually injured and will want some big cash because of his one really good season in weak DE free agent pool.

Von Oelhoffen is too old. We need some young blood.

Crap, he is ancient. I didn't realize how old he was. :laugh:

How bout some of the troublemakers of the season, Koren Robinson or T.O.? Now before you rip my head off think about it, Gibbs luvs winning more then anything and it's not like he hasn't dealt with trouble makers before (Riggo, Manley, etc.). He would a great playmaker for this offense...

It was previously stated on this board that Ladell Betts is a UFA- I can't find anything under the search- can anyone confirm/deny?

Betts has one year remaining on his contract. Then he'll be a UFA (unless there is no CBA in place in which case 2007 will be an uncapped year but the eligibility for free agency will go up to 6 years so we'll retain his rights.)

I'm not sure we can afford a premier DE. Given the way Daniels has been playing lately I'd rather try and get one in the draft anyway. We need a WR and likely a QB. I think we'll probably trade Ramsey and want to get a veteran QB to backup Brunell. I'd love Kitna in that role.

We do have Patten coming back, but I'd like to see him in the slot as a third receiver rather than depend on him as a number 2. He's too similar to Moss anyway, small, fast, deep threat but not terribly physical. Reggie Wayne will probably be too expensive, and while I think he's good, I'd like to see him prove it without Peyton throwing him the ball. I don't want to give up the draft picks for Lloyd. So that leaves a few options. Jurevicius might be a good fit: big guy who can go over the middle. Koren Robinson might be worth taking a flyer on. He'll be cheap and can return kicks.

I'd jump at Randle El actually. It'll allow us to say good-bye to Brown and his punt returning inefficiencies; while also adding another threat on offense that can run, catch, and even throw occasionally. In my mind it just makes too much sense.

I totally agree. He would give us back that magnificant trick play ability as well as his recieiving ability. Plus he would also return kicks for us! How great would that be?! He's extremely multi talented and character wise seems like he would fit right in.

I also say Reggie Wayne because he's from Miami and has a lot of Chemistry with Moss already. Moss bascally looked up to him and they already played side by side with each other when they dominated at Miami.

Wayne would be worth every penny. This offense NEEDS a player like him!

Joe Jurevicius is a GREAT fit and a very under rated reciever. He is a very GOOD reciever!

Tim Dwight is too old. Boston is washed up and trouble. I don't like Eric Moulds. I think he might be trouble as well.

I'd also take a look at Az-Zahir Hakim. He could also return kicks. I do like the talent and speed that Antonio Bryant has displayed at times, but I don't know enough about him. I get a bad gut feeling when I think about him.

I say Bring Darnarian McCants back in and give him another chance to want to be with this team. He would be a great red zone threat. I also like Randy Hymes.

I'd also get either Dave Zastadil or Tom Rouen at punter. We need an upgrade there.

On defense I like...

DEFENSIVE END

Jon Abraham

N.D. Kalu

Marco Coleman

in that order and I'd resign Demetric Evans.

DEFENSIVE TACKLE

I'd take a look into Chris Hovan

CORNERBACK I LOVE these prospects!

1.Nate Clements

2.Ricky Manning

3.Jerry Azumah

4.R.W. McQuarters

SAFETY

Will Demps

Ifeanyi Ohalete

And I'd resign Omar Stoutmire.

Running Backs to compliment Clinton Portis

Jamal Lewis

Ron Dayne (We need a guy who can slam it in there.)

Redskin Free agents I'd try to resign

Rock Cartwright

Ryan Clark

Omar Stoutmire

Ray Brown (If he doesn't retire)

Demetric Evans

Ethan Albright (A good long snapper is hard to find!)

And I would take an in depth look at Ade Jimoh because while stinking it up the first 2 years, it seems this season he has improved much and played well.

What we need the most is a reciever to play opposite of Moss, and for Joe Gibbs offense preferably a big one who runs crisp sharp routes like Art Monk did. Joe Gibbs offense is predicated on good route running and being able to catch the ball and control the clock.

Archived