Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2006 Free-agents lists

randythesofine

Some of these posts are really ridiculous. The first thing the Skins should do is decide who they resign. Ryan Clark is a must. Holdman is resigned if LaVar does not renegotiate. Evans/Albright would be nice to keep.

Our weaknesses to me are clearly WR, DE, TE and CB (depth is needed at CB):

TE: Chad Lewis from Philly (a good catching TE who is smart and would hurt the Eagles with his signing);

CB: I would love to sign Nate Clements (a former Bill) at a reasonable price. That would give us Rogers, Springs, and Clements (with negotiations left for Harris and Imoh);

WR: Wayne is too expensive. I really like Brandon Lloyd of the 49ers! Koren Robinson, Eric Moulds or Andre Davis would be nice additions at the right price and provide good veteran route runners.

DE: We need some depth here. I like Darrien Howard of the Saints or Weaver of the Ravens.

kevin curtis from the rams would be a nice, cheap WR compliment. i also like jabar gaffney as apossesion guy. maybe burleson...hakim is a good, fast veteran that could provide depth as well....we have an excellent chance of landing a nice complimentary wideout

Somehow I just have a gut feeling that we will see Reggie Wayne in the B&G...with no other big moves. I am not saying it is the right thing to do but it just seems like it is all too perfect. Portis and Moss will want this guy here and I believe that Danny will do it. That being said I would like more than just one big splash FA signing I would like to fill all the holes with good players.

As much as I'd like to get Reggie Wayne, he is probably looking to be a # 1 receiver and will cost too much money. Maybe we should look into Joe Jurevicious or Keenan McCardell as a stop gap.

Our biggest need is DE and it has been for quite some time now.

i think this year the redskins should get more consideration from players in Free agency just due to the fact we are in playoffs and looking strong. most above average players/older players dont want to go to struggling teams. so in any case i think we have a shot at landing any of those players if we have the cap space.

I wanted to reply in this thread last night but my membership hadn't been approved by the mods yet...

Let me start by saying it is highly unlikely we get Reggie Wayne since he'll likely want to go somewhere to be their number one receiver to "prove" himself (ie he doesn't get double covered in Indy with M-har there)

The names that intrigue me on the WR list are Antonio Bryant, Randle-El, David Givens, Joe Jurevicius, Kevin Curtis and Koren Robinson. We likely won't get Bryant and Randle-El because their current teams will likely retain them esp. considering their youth and Randle-El's return skills. I like Koren Robinson's skills but I am aware of his off-field problems altho he may be worth a risk if Gibbs can straighten him out. If not, it's not worth ruining team chemistry by having him around. I really like the other three because they are somewhat proven as #2 guys on team's with good passing attacks and would be good possession guys to complement Moss' deep speed.

As far as kickers are concerned since I believe John Hall is done, there are several intriguing options including Vinatieri and Vanderjagt. IMO, tho, there is no way the Pats let Vinatieri get away and Vanderjagt will likely want to go somewhere with good weather or to an indoor stadium as in Indy. I really like Paul Edinger despite his unique kicking style and I think he would be fit well here.

There are a few attractive options at punter but the position isn't high-profile so I'll omit it here.

At defensive end, oh how I wish we'd have drafted MD-product Shawne "Lights Out" Merriman instead of Carlos Rogers. With regard to d-line free agents, I like Aaron Kampman, Kalimba Edwards, John Abraham (of course) and I think we should keep Demetric Evans around. All four of the above are pretty young (late 20s) and I wouldn't mind having any one or two of them around for the next three or four years.

I don't see anything intriguing at CB and I think we can make due with what we have. We need to utilize the next few weeks to analyze what we have at the position.

Shawn Merrimen is a Linebacker, not a DE.

Brandon Lloyd is a Restricted Free Agent which would mean we will have to give up some high draft picks, something we do not have or can afford.

I also agree we should look into getting a new Kicker. John Hall looks like he's lost his leg. The thing with Vanderjact, though, is he seems a bit arrogant and flamboyant for this kind of team.

I'd definately resign Ryan Clark and Demitric Evans. I think Evans may be a diamond in the ruff that no one has discovered yet. We will see this weekend, when he gets his first chance to be the guy. He seems to have a knack for getting to the Quarterback. I just hope he can stuff the run as well.

Archived