Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arrington and Snyder have reconciled.....

mcees4life

We've heard a million different things from LaVar. What day of the week is it? Who's asking? Etc. The question in the offseason will be Is LaVar's HUGE cap number justified by his "decent" production? A lot of people love him etc. he has tantalizing physical skills and physique. But does he really dominate the way he has to to earn that much money? Currently the coaches don't trust him on third downs, he has been injury prone for two years now and a distraction. Given GW's ability to get incredible production from udfa's etc. I'm not sure we wouldn't be better served spending any extra money we have on a veteran FA WR. Can you imagine what we would be like if we had a guy like Plaxico to complement Moss and Patten?

It's always about the money. It's always the bottomline. I would suspect that Dan Snyder would like nothing better than to avail himself to renegotiations. The salary cap (I believe LaVar is due somewhere between 12 and 16 Million) is the single most devastating item in impeding improvement of team talent.

Consistent performance is a way in improving the overall performance of the team on offense, defense, and special teams. Remove the team consistency because of the cap (with no hard feelings on both sides of the contract) and you slow down progress. I sincerely hope that LaVar remains with the team, is happy with the money (should renegotiations apply and prove satisfying), and, in the end, he finds himself immortalized in the Hall of Fame. Hail Redskins!

But does he really dominate the way he has to to earn that much money? Currently the coaches don't trust him on third downs, he has been injury prone for two years now and a distraction.

The truth is that players are worth more than their performance on the field. Lavar is a loveable guy and is a team player. He's sat down when asked and played his heart out when asked. They obviously trust him a lot more now letting him play 3rd down in the playoffs. He brings personality to the team and carries a HUGE fan base. That type of personality is worth a lot. I'd say he's definitely worth every penny.

Did anyone see the interview with Greg Williams on NFL Network? He is being interviewed by Sharper (DB recently signed with the Vikes, but said he has always admired his WIlliams' style of play...) when all of a sudden you hear: "I LOVE GREG WILLIAMS!!! GREG WILLIAMS IS AWESOME!!!!" The camera pans over and it is Lavar with a HUGE smile on his face giving the thumbs up to the camera... Williams and Sharper laugh, but I actually think I shed a tear...

I think the two: "Shared a moment"

Archived