Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bitterness everywhere.....................

Pete

Well, what a wonderful feeling it was waking up this morning knowing that the Skins are still alive and kicking for another week. We headed out for church at 7:00 on this bright and chilly (36 degrees) morning, so of course I was sporting my vintage Skins jacket. As I went to step into the pew, the woman sitting there proclaimed "I'm not sitting next to any Redskins fan" and then went on a 3 minute rant to which I simpley replied, "Karma is a funny thing isn't it". With that, she moved to the pew behind us. She wouldn't even shake my hand when everybody offers a sign of peace :laugh:

A fine example of a good Catholic women........................

We then go to IHOP for breakfast after church. I got more then a few very dirty looks as we walked in, one guy mutter "Redskins suck" as I passed by, and another flipped me off. The waitress actually told me the cook is a huge Bucs fan, and I should hide the jacket, for if he saw it, he might mess with my food :yikes:

Of course I made sure it was displayed from the corner of the booth for all to see, and the food was just wonderful knowing a pizz ant Bucs fan had to cook for me :laugh:

It has been a great start to a wonderful day, and I can't wait to go to the soccer complex at noon today, where there will be many Buc fans I know well. This is gonna be about as much fun as I could have with my clothing on. :silly:

Life is good living in South West Florida today.................. though a little cold in more ways then one.........................

Karma is a funny thing ;):D

:cheers:

:laugh: Dang Pete. They seem to full of that cheer and respect for fellow man down there. :silly: Just be careful crossing the street. :paranoid: ;)

If it warms up a little, I may where my Skins jacket in place of my riding leather. No guts, no glory............ :doh:

hahhah thats awesome! i can't believe that woman!

Even my wife found it classless, and she's a Giants fan :laugh:

Yeah...me and my wife were in Ybor last night, wearing our 'Skins gear, and celebrating at Elmer's (the local Redskins bar). While walking down 7th Avenue, we did get a couple of "Redskins SUCK!" calls from passing cars, but most of the Bucs fans were gracious about it.

I had to laugh at those Bucs fans who said the Redskins suck...uh, okay, if the Redskins suck, and they just beat the Bucs in the playoffs, where does that leave the Bucs??? :laugh:

Wow, getting ragged on in church? That's pretty bad but I must say you sound like you handled it nicely, karma IS a funny thing. Isn't it interesting that our last playoff game was a loss under the Norvalian miasma, now undone with a victory under Coach Gibbs? aaaahhhhhh, it's such a sweet day today, watching the mediots having a big brunch of cooked crow......

I totally trashed talked all the Buccs fans that surrounded me!

I was going off on those punks! They just sat their stewing.

After we went up 14 points, I told them I would be quiet now.

One of the buccs fans thanked me for doing that. ;)

Then 2 rows behind me, a group of skins fans started to sing "Hail to the Redskins".

YOU DA MAN...I am about to hit the road in my Redskins stuff here in Chicago...always good for a few laughs. I had been hoping the Skins would be coming here next weekend so we could go to the game.

I lived in Florida in the early 90s and went to all the Bucs games. All these fans you are running into didn't support the team in those days.

The annual Packers, Bears and Vikings games at the Big Sombrero always had more visiting team fans in attendance.

Once I attended a game we lost wearing my Redskins colors and my friends and neighbors asked me why.

All I could tell them is Redskins fans don't come and go...they hang with their team...no matter what.

Nice to know you've got our back in the Sunshine State!

Right now it's 7-0 Carolina late in second quarter.

I am surrounded by Buc and Giant fans here in South Florida. I do not think I will be able to contain my enthusiasm if New York loses. Problem is I think they are gonna win...it has been that kind of year for them.

Well, what a wonderful feeling it was waking up this morning knowing that the Skins are still alive and kicking for another week. We headed out for church at 7:00 on this bright and chilly (36 degrees) morning, so of course I was sporting my vintage Skins jacket. As I went to step into the pew, the woman sitting there proclaimed "I'm not sitting next to any Redskins fan" and then went on a 3 minute rant to which I simpley replied, "Karma is a funny thing isn't it". With that, she moved to the pew behind us. She wouldn't even shake my hand when everybody offers a sign of peace

That's actually pretty pitiful....

Geesh.

I am surrounded by Buc and Giant fans here in South Florida. I do not think I will be able to contain my enthusiasm if New York loses. Problem is I think they are gonna win...it has been that kind of year for them.

There's WAY too many ex-patriate New Yecchers down here! 'Been that way for the last 30 years or so!

Once I attended a game we lost wearing my Redskins colors and my friends and neighbors asked me why.

All I could tell them is Redskins fans don't come and go...they hang with their team...no matter what.

!

I agree. I live down here at the other end of the state and it's amazing how many of these Ram "fans" say "until the organization does something I'm done with the Rams." :doh: *interpretation* "I'm not a real fan. I only cheer for the Rams when they're winning. I'm a nutless, gutless frontrunner."

Archived