Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Simms taunting...

Zarg

Nope, you weren't alone. Actually, at the end of the game, we were all doing the same thing to him. "C'mon, Opie! C'mon!"

We play Tampa again next year - you can bet that incident has been filed away for future attention.

Mind you if he keeps thowing the ball into our D'Line he can wave at whomever he wants.

The problem with simms may have been that if he had been replaced the other QB may have actually passed the ball to his team not ours, taunting is a unsportsman like penatly and it should have been flagged....on todays effort I think that those officials should not officiate any more games this year...now way that the pitts man should not have been ejected for striking.

Comon aussie, how are you going to hang the game on his picks? Two tipped balls? Unless I'm mistaken, we lead the league in tipped passes ... he should've learned, but they were hardly bonehead throws ...

Like you all, I enjoyed the taunting ... it served no purpose other than getting our boys fired up, but hey you gotta love the kid having fun. He played with so much poise that game, if he wants to have a little fun in the process, let him -- esp. if it gets that Wash D more fired up.

I didn't think it'd be a penalty (DEFINITELY in college though) ... I don't know the exact rule on it, the commentators didn't seem to push the issue though either (and Joey T rarely misses a chance to sympathize ...)

Thats why Gruden hates Simms. I don't care what anyone in Tampa says, if there's anyway Gruden can swing it so Griese is starting next year he will. Simms has a better arm than Griese and by all accounts he should be the future, but he's such a retarded spaz. All that anyone needs to look at is Gruden's face during the 20 or seconds after Simms' first interception when he ran to Gruden begging for a challenge.

Thank goodness he taunted Rogers and not Taylor. Taylor would have taken the 15 yarder and separated Simm's upper body fron his lower body.

As posted elsewhere - takes a real man to taunt someone when running out of bounds......how about next time you run down the middle of the field and taunt our defense Spicolli. See what happens.

I really thought Simms was trying to goad Rogers into a late hit and an extra 15 yards.

Not real classy, but actually pretty smart if you can get away with it.

Major props to Carlos Rogers for being aware of where he was on the field and the game situation.

One or two of the personal attacks on Simms here are a bit over the line.

That said, I freely admit to shouting "See ya, loser" at the TV as the kid threw the final pick. Not knowing much about him I had kinda admired his poise for having such little experience. But no more after that foolish taunt. I imagine Chucky will have a few words to say about that. :D

Archived