Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

On Brunells Interception

Seabee1973

It was a throw to Jacobs, the slacker who does not know how to hustle. Yes, Brunnel did not throw the best pass (but was trying to make a play on third down). Jacobs did not even fight for the ball. The least he could have done was try to bat the ball down to prevent the int.

Anything remotely around or directed to Tyler Jenkins has failure imprinted upon it. The man is completely useless as a WideReceiver in the NFL. I'm sure he'd make a great waiter at IHOP.

Nice win tonight. Offense was anemic. Defense was superb. We need some WR help. Thrash helped some. Thanks James. You, sir, are a true Redskin.

Hail Skins.

Brunell's pass was in the only place that Jacobs could have caught it, but it was a bad decision to make it, Brunell was trying to make something happen when there was nothing there. He should have just thrown it away and let them punt but he wanted to take some preasure off the defense but instead did just the opposite, on the other side the defender made a fantastic play, he tipped it out of Jacobs hands and then caught it. Jacobs mistake was not getting possition on the defender, if he was in front the pass is complete for a first down, that comes with experience that he just doesn't have yet, Patten had that experience and that is what he brought to the team.

It wasn't even fair. I mean it's the first time he throws it in his direction in 5 games and the kid didn't even have a chance. The defender was right in front of him. The ball should have never been thrown.

It's typical that some people would blame Jacobs when it wasn't even his fault. Why don't you blame the guy that threw for 25 yards!

It was a throw to Jacobs, the slacker who does not know how to hustle. Yes, Brunnel did not throw the best pass (but was trying to make a play on third down). Jacobs did not even fight for the ball. The least he could have done was try to bat the ball down to prevent the int.

you'rre not the only one who saw that. jacobs actually had his hand on it and the defender moved it and took it from him. still, the big bad on mark, but jacobs had a chance to make a good play and also blew it, imo

How many times are we going to hear this excuse of blaming Brunell.....I've seen Cooley, Portis, Thrash, Moss, Sellars and others catch some difficult balls.

I have never - ever - seen Jenkins catch anything remotely challenging. The man has hands made of AstroGlide.

Excuses, chances and opportunities are done. The man is football challenged.

Go Skins -

How many times are we going to hear this excuse of blaming Brunell.....I've seen Cooley, Portis, Thrash, Moss, Sellars and others catch some difficult balls.

I have never - ever - seen Jenkins catch anything remotely challenging. The man has hands made of AstroGlide.

Excuses, chances and opportunities are done. The man is football challenged.

Go Skins -

First off, unless you're making some joke I don't get, his name is Taylor Jacobs. Second, I agree that he's overrated by a lot of fans. Third, people will blame Mark Brunell because they should. The protection was frequently poor, but he made a number of bad decisions and was off target on several throws.

Is he our best chance at quarterback? Maybe so. Is he or should he be completely free of blame? Definitely not.

6 inches higher and Jacobs woulda had it.....:(

Height had nothing to do with the int considering Jacobs was taller than the DB covering him, all he had to do was cut his route short and run towards Brunell instead of just standing there.... considering he was atleast 10yds past the 1st down marker..... because he didn't do that it allowed the db to make a good play on the ball

Perhaps there is a chance that Jenkins just does not understand his role? Rumor has it he is unstoppable in practice. Maybe he is only able to peak Tuesday thru Friday? Maybe the weekends are just not his forte'.

Someone should change his calendar and see what happens - can't be worse. Unless he breaks out against the SeaChickens - the man will be selling me a beer at FedEx next year.

Height had nothing to do with the int considering Jacobs was taller than the DB covering him, all he had to do was cut his route short and run towards Brunell instead of just standing there.... considering he was atleast 10yds past the 1st down marker..... because he didn't do that it allowed the db to make a good play on the ball

i feel good reading these posts. i thought when i saw that pass, "oh no mark", then i saw jacobs was right where the ball was going, it was all in a couple of seconds, but i thought "it's to him, he's gonna get it".

TJ actually had his hand(s) on it first and then i saw the db take it away. i thought "that's more on tj than mark, although you never should throw that kinda ball--until you make it--then its a "clutch play" of course.

but with all the lurking and not-so-lurking still-brunell-venom, i figured no one else would see TJ's part in this and i'd get flamed. said it all anyway though :laugh: of course.

Jason La Canfora ineptly labels the INT as easy for Brian Kelly in his Post article. Actually it was done one handed and was a nice play on Kelly's part albeit a bad throw on Brunell's part.

Watch the replay. Cooley was just turning upfield past his two defenders. If Brunell lobs it to him downfield over the defenders, instead of trying to hit Jacobs, it's a long completion for a first down and possibly a TD.

Hey everyone, give it up. We won!!! Give them a break. Brunell will be the first one to admit he shouldn't have thrown the ball. He was frustrated, just trying to make a play. It is always a dangerous throw to go across the field deep in their territory. We were lucky, and the defense held. It's over, enjoy it.

Perhaps there is a chance that Jenkins just does not understand his role? Rumor has it he is unstoppable in practice. Maybe he is only able to peak Tuesday thru Friday? Maybe the weekends are just not his forte'.

Someone should change his calendar and see what happens - can't be worse. Unless he breaks out against the SeaChickens - the man will be selling me a beer at FedEx next year.

I get it. You changed his name to Tyler Jenkins.

That's hilarious!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:doh:

The two are not mutually exclusive. Brunell made a risky/poor decision on that pass but it had a good chance of being completed if Jacobs comes back for the ball. We need to bring in another WR and drop Jacobs lower on the depth chart...he does do a good job playing special teams after all.

Archived