Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What team did Theismann play for?(Merged)

grampi

If said this half a dozen times since joining Extremeskins. Matter of fact the first thread I ever started was titled, Joey T anti-redskin? I was all but crucifed by the Redskin faithful of this board but I still feel the same way.

He picks us to go to the SB at the beginning of the season but then when he commentates one of our games he never has anything good to say about his one and only team. WTF? A lot of people make excuses for him saying he's doing hid job and doesn't want to sound like a homer. Thats bull! Even when we do something good he makes a passing comment and moves on. When the other team does something good he raves about it for the next six downs.

If said this half a dozen times since joining Extremeskins. Matter of fact the first thread I ever started was titled, Joey T anti-redskin? I was all but crucifed by the Redskin faithful of this board but I still feel the same way.

He picks us to go to the SB at the beginning of the season but then when he commentates one of our games he never has anything good to say about his one and only team. WTF? A lot of people make excuses for him saying he's doing hid job and doesn't want to sound like a homer. Thats bull! Even when we do something good he makes a passing comment and moves on. When the other team does something good he raves about it for the next six downs.

I think you're forgetting a few things:

1. He complimented Portis numerous times on his combination of power and speed.

2. He pointed out the impact of Griffin on the defense, and lauded Marcus Washington as the MVP and a playmaker.

3. Our offense this game was horrid, and frankly there wasn't much to say. Despite the interceptions (both of which were tipped) Simms looked better than Brunell today.

i didnt think he was anti-redskins. he went ballistic on the sean taylor call, until it was said that he spit on pittman. as for picking against the skins, i heard him say this mornin on csn that he has picked against the skins during the whole streak. and since they've won, he will keep picking against them so theyll keep winning.

Theisman and his crew are notorious for superfluous praise of a team that's doing something well. Nothing is ever "OK", it's always "wow, did you see that.....right there......bam.....wow, Alstott is so strong blah blah blah". Honestly, after the middle of the second quarter, the Skins never held the momentum, so the announcing crew was just in their normal routine of continuously praising the team who's on a roll.

I think you're forgetting a few things:

1. He complimented Portis numerous times on his combination of power and speed.

2. He pointed out the impact of Griffin on the defense, and lauded Marcus Washington as the MVP and a playmaker.

3. Our offense this game was horrid, and frankly there wasn't much to say. Despite the interceptions (both of which were tipped) Simms looked better than Brunell today.

It's not about who played well and who didn't it's how he commentates Redskin games. He'll make a passing comment about the Skins then turn around and jump all over the other teams jock. Most of the time when he was talking about Portis it was him questioning why he wasn't in the game.

It's just hard for me, a life long Redskin and a huge Joey T fan, to hear him do anything but sing Washington's praises. I know it's his job but maybe he shouldn't call our games. Then he wouldn't have to go out of his way to avoid sounding like a homer.

Take off the B&G sunglasses for a bit....

The Redskins played like @$$ today! Seriously!! We really did a poor job! We won simply because we made some timely plays early in the game and did just enough to keep the Buc's from getting back into it. Their defense outgained us by TWO-TO-ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! Our offense did *JUST ENOUGH* to not blow the game!!!!!!

OTOH.... How many of you saw the great pre-game interview between Theismann, Gibbs, and Brunell???? Now *that* was a great, great interview!!!!!!! One of the best interviews I've seen all season!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was giving praise where praise was due. Simms was accurate and played a good game for a rookie. Both of his pics were due to tipped balls.

Simms isn't a rookie, he just hasn't started a lot until this year. I swear I thought when he taunted Rogers telling him to come get him, that the next play someone (Big Joe) would rip his head off and eat it. Simms missed on 4th and 10 on the play after the dropped pass, the same receiver was open, Simms just missed him. Doesn't matter anyway because the Skins are headin' to the next round.

Go Skins! :point2sky

Was it just me, or was he making snide comments about the Skins during the entire game? It's almost as though he was being anti-Redskins to show he had no bias towards the Skins because he is a former Redskins player. Whatever the reason, he was pi$$ing me off big time!

he is in a bad situation , he has CLEARLY showed his bias for the skins everywhere but his job doesnt allow it so he pretty much HAS to do what he does when he calls the game to show hes not being a homer and such , well IMO anyway

Patrick was the real dousche from yesterdays game......he was rooting sooo fking hard for the bucs it wasnt even funny. Remember towards the end of the game he was scripting what the bucs should do exactly on their next drive?

what a dousche....and in the middle of all the bucs and Gruden Butt-kissing (remember that comment about Gruden's patented WR screen? lol, he stole that from JG you misinformed nitwit) he still found time to kiss Simms a** as well.

Archived