Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

herman edwards traded for pick

adamyesme1111

Its happened a lot before

Gruden got traded for 2 1st rounders

the Pats had to give the Jets some kind of a pick for Bill B.

those are just 2 off the top of my head but it happens quite frequently

it usually doesn't make much sense to me. I dont get how Herman Edwards is worth that much more then guys like Russ Grimm, Tim Lewis, and Fassel who could all be signed without the need for giving a very valuable draft pick. Its not like Herm Edwards is a Joe Gibbs or Bill Parcells caliber coach.

For Gruden, the Bucs gave up

2 1st rounders

AND

2 2nd rounders

It seems to have paid off for the Bucs since they won a superbowl and are back in the playoffs again, while the Raiders are floundering.

Did he say what round the pick is supposed to be?

Rumored to be a 2nd and a 5th.

But now the Chiefs are holding off because the Jets and Herm are on the outs, and he definitely will not be with the j-e-t-s next year, either way. So the Chefs don't want to give them much.

It seems to have paid off for the Bucs since they won a superbowl and are back in the playoffs again ...

For a week, anyway ... :laugh:

Seriously, I'd have trouble making that deal, but it has worked for the Bucs. No doubt.

What have the Raiduhs done with that booty? Not much.

the Pats had to give the Jets some kind of a pick for Bill B.

those are just 2 off the top of my head but it happens quite frequently

it usually doesn't make much sense to me. I dont get how Herman Edwards is worth that much more then guys like Russ Grimm, Tim Lewis, and Fassel who could all be signed without the need for giving a very valuable draft pick. Its not like Herm Edwards is a Joe Gibbs or Bill Parcells caliber coach.

If I'm not mistaken, you can only get draft picks for head coaches. Assistants and management types cannot be "traded."

I feel sorry for Al Saunders. He really deserves a shot as a head coach. Maybe somewhere else though.

Absolutely. This is a stupid move by the Chiefs. Herm's a great coach, but so is Saunders. He definitely deserves his shot, and the sad thing is, the only reason he was still in KC was probably because he believed he would succeed Vermeil. Not only that, but if you just promote Saunders, you have little coaching turnover. Now, you've got a whole new set of offensive and defensive systems coming in. Additionally, the Chiefs are going to lose draft picks. All in all a bad move.

Archived