Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

As if we needed more proof that Carter's an idiot...

bugski1210

8-1 and we could have beaten the Saints in New Orleans, San Antonio, Saudi Arabia, Antartica, Mexico, New York, New Jersey, Washington, London. The Saints are a very bad team and the Giants are a good team it's as simple as that.

Did he also talk about the 4 west coast trips the G-Men had to make? Or about how the Redskins only had to make 1?

Call a waaaaambulance, you got the 49er's as one of your road games. You had to go to San Diego and Seattle, historically not two of the most hostile environments, and you got KC and Denver at home. I would've loved your schedule. We had to go both KC and Denver, two of the toughest places to play in the league.

That makes five of us. Or is it four? Three? I dunno; I'm dumb. I thought Favre looked bad this year, just floating the ball up there....

He looked like he didn't give a damn what happened. He could get away with reckless passes in his heyday, but it doesn't cut it anymore.

But if he's as loyal to the Packers organization as he says he is, he needs to retire and here's why: no one wants to be the GM that cuts or trades him, the coach that benches him or the player that replaces him in the lineup after he's benched. That's a lot of stigma and a lot of pressure (Rodgers is going to have all he can handle of that anyway). Brett Favre will only be doing himself and the Packers a disservice by returning next year. I think the Packers realize all of this, and that's why they fired Mike Sherman, since Brett Favre already said he'd probably retire if that happened.

Seriously, yall' really think that Gibbs is head and shoulders better than Gruden?

Seriously???

I am a Gruden fan, in which I use the word "fan" differently than when I do for all things Redskin, of course. I don't even dislike Tampa Bay per se.

I also don't know how to define "head n shoulders". But I think your question is ridiculous enough at face value to deserve being labeled as either trolling or just kinda dumb.

Seriously, yall' really think that Gibbs is head and shoulders better than Gruden?

Seriously???

Ummm, yeah. Not that Gruden is a bad coach at all. But Gibbs is mentioned in the same breath as Lombardi. Gibbs has done it at a high level for a long long time.

Gruden may get there but its not even. Gregg Williams and Monte Kiffin maybe equal. but Gibbs and Gruden???

He looked like he didn't give a damn what happened. He could get away with reckless passes in his heyday, but it doesn't cut it anymore.

But if he's as loyal to the Packers organization as he says he is, he needs to retire and here's why: no one wants to be the GM that cuts or trades him, the coach that benches him or the player that replaces him in the lineup after he's benched. That's a lot of stigma and a lot of pressure (Rodgers is going to have all he can handle of that anyway). Brett Favre will only be doing himself and the Packers a disservice by returning next year. I think the Packers realize all of this, and that's why they fired Mike Sherman, since Brett Favre already said he'd probably retire if that happened.

Thats bologna. What happened to Steve Young in SF? And Carmen Policy? They were fine with the decision and it was the right time for that organization and that city. Granted, they didn't suck at the time but the GM is there to make the tough decisions and if he believes Farve should go the he should strap on a set and do it. Waiting for Farve to retire when you think something else is a better course of action is complete chicken-***t move.

Personally, I think he should play out his career. He's not injured and can still help the team.

But if he's as loyal to the Packers organization as he says he is, he needs to retire and here's why....

I agree completely. It's sad to see legends stick around too long.

On the other hand, maybe he'll bounce back Brunell-style (only to be beat out in Comeback Player of the Year voting by someone who was hurt in '05).

Call a waaaaambulance, you got the 49er's as one of your road games. You had to go to San Diego and Seattle, historically not two of the most hostile environments, and you got KC and Denver at home. I would've loved your schedule. We had to go both KC and Denver, two of the toughest places to play in the league.

Qwest Field for that game against the Giants was louder than Fed Ex or Giants Stadium has ever been. There's a reason we had an ungodly amount of flase start penalties and its not because Pettigout is the king of false starts and holds (although that defintely plays a role) That crowd was absolutely crazy and it is the only time I can say that an opposing crowd cost the Giants a game in all the games I have seen. San Diego is not known for being a crazy crowd, but they wanted Eli's head on a platter in that game and many of their fans considered it the biggest game of their year before the season began. Also you forgot to mention when you talked about the 49ers as being one of the G-Men's west coast trips, that the Redskins west coast trip was against the powerhouse Arizona Cardinals, but at least you guys blew them out....Oh wait no you didn't.

Actually I like what Gruden has done and does. Smartest move he made was leaving the Raiders.

You can see he researched Gibbs a lot in his offense and he doesn't let his ego stand in the way of getting good assistants.

No I can see the comparison, but he needs more time and SB victories to really be compared to Joe.

But Chris Carter is just pissed at losing to us in the NFC Championship game.

Chris Carter is entitled to his opinion. But we all know that he doesn't know better. John Gruden has won a super bowl and has his team in the playoffs this year. But it doesn't compare to Gibbs who is 16-5 in the playoffs and has the Skins' back in the playoffs in only his second year back. Chris Carter isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer either.

Seriously???

Gruden has as many losing seasons in 7 seasons coaching as Gibbs does in 14. Gruden won 1 SB and it was against the team he had just left and he knew all the plays for.

Gruden has 55 Regular season losses in 7 years in the league. Gibbs has 76 losses in 14 seasons, and thats counting the last Bucs game which deserves an asterisk.

Gruden is 5-2 in playoff games. Gibbs is 16-5.

Gruden lost the AFCCG at home against the Baltimore Ravens when his teams explosive offense put up 3 points. He is 1-1 in Championship games because he got to face the Eagles in one.

Gibbs has never lost a Championship game at home and is 4-1 in championship games and 3-1 in Super Bowls.

It takes an idiot to even put Gruden in the same sentence as Gibbs.

It's like saying that Billick is as good as Lombardi or that Switzer is equal to Halas. It's just plain retarded.

Gruden has as many losing seasons in 7 seasons coaching as Gibbs does in 14. Gruden won 1 SB and it was against the team he had just left and he knew all the plays for.

Gruden has 55 Regular season losses in 7 years in the league. Gibbs has 76 losses in 14 seasons, and thats counting the last Bucs game which deserves an asterisk.

Gruden lost the AFCCG at home against the Baltimore Ravens when his teams explosive offense put up 3 points. He is 1-1 in Championship games because he got to face the Eagles in one.

Gibbs has never lost a Championship game at home and is 4-1 in championship games and 3-1 in Super Bowls.

It's like saying that Billick is as good as Lombardi or that Switzer is equal to Halas. It's just plain retarded.

Comparing Gruden's stats to Gibbs is like comparing Halas to Dungy. It's from two totally different time frames. It's pointless and proves nothing.

Do try and stay current...MmmK?

Gibbs has been a HOF coach, Gruden has not. Since his return to the NFL, Gibbs has done little more than Gruden has. Until proven otherwise, Gibbs is a good coach...that's it.

If Emmitt Smith were to return to the NFL, had a 600 yd, 3.1 yd per carry, 4 TD season, followed it up with a 1350 yd, 4.2 ypc, and 9 TDs, would it be OK to compare Portis and Smith? Or would comparing Portis to a once great HOF RB be just plain retarded?

Gibbs has been a HOF coach, Gruden has not. Since his return to the NFL, Gibbs has done little more than Gruden has. Until proven otherwise, Gibbs is a good coach...that's it.

If Emmitt Smith were to return to the NFL, had a 600 yd, 3.1 yd per carry, 4 TD season, followed it up with a 1350 yd, 4.2 ypc, and 9 TDs, would it be OK to compare Portis and Smith? Or would comparing Portis to a once great HOF RB be just plain retarded?

Are you really that mind-boggling stupid??????????????????/

One has to do with physicality in ever-changing dynamics, and the other is about mental acuity in a much more stable arena. There's at most a bit of a learning curve after you've been away but its a minimal factor. As a half-dozen NFL coaches themselves said on NFL Access, "if you're a great football coach that doesn't just go away."

God, you've revealed yourself for a true 'tard. :doh:

Are you really that mind-boggling stupid??????????????????/

One has to do with physicality in ever-changing dynamics, and the other is about mental acuity in a much more stable arena. There's at most a bit of a learning curve after you've been away but its a minimal factor. As a half-dozen NFL coaches themselves said on NFL Access, "if you're a great football coach that doesn't just go away."

God, you've revealed yourself for a true 'tard. :doh:

And you my friend, a terrific homer. Try and get past the part where one is a Redskin and you'll soon be able to comprehend the fact that Gibbs is a pretty good coach...so is Gruden.

I'm not sure how 1987 is valid in a conversation about how 2 current NFL coaches are CURRENTLY coaching.

Physicality, are you fargin' serious. I'm not talking about skills diminishing, be they mental or physical. I'm looking at the past 2 seasons by 2 coaches. How is it that they are not comperable?

tard, that's cute. A 51 year old high schooler.

Has to be the worst argument I've ever seen anyone make on this board, or any board for that matter. :doh:

Has to be the worst argument I've ever seen anyone make on this board, or any board for that matter. :doh:

He's totally right though. The only thing is I don't think Emmitt is the right example. You guys comparing what Gibbs did in the late 80's early 90's would be like comparing Gale Sayers to Tiki Barber. Sayers no doubt in his prime was one of the best in the league, but if you put him in the NFL now he obviously wouldn't be as good. If Sayers came in and put up average to above average numbers (which is what Gibbs has done thusfar) and when Sayers came to play the Giants I said that Tiki was a better RB would you tell me that you can't compare Gale Sayers to Tiki Barber? Obviously at his best Sayers was better, but that was when the game was totally different. When Gibbs was coaching it was a totally different game as well and since his return he has been AT BEST just as good as Gruden who is an above average to good coach.

Qwest Field for that game against the Giants was louder than Fed Ex or Giants Stadium has ever been. There's a reason we had an ungodly amount of flase start penalties and its not because Pettigout is the king of false starts and holds (although that defintely plays a role) That crowd was absolutely crazy and it is the only time I can say that an opposing crowd cost the Giants a game in all the games I have seen. San Diego is not known for being a crazy crowd, but they wanted Eli's head on a platter in that game and many of their fans considered it the biggest game of their year before the season began. Also you forgot to mention when you talked about the 49ers as being one of the G-Men's west coast trips, that the Redskins west coast trip was against the powerhouse Arizona Cardinals, but at least you guys blew them out....Oh wait no you didn't.

Your right. We saved our energy for smacking the living Sh!t out of the Gints @ FedEX. By the way how is Shockey's ankle doing after that ST hit? Panthers now have the blueprint for beating the Gints. Throw directly to Will Allen's side all day long :laugh: and when you get tired of working him over just throw at the other corner :laugh:. Just another secondary exposed by Santana. HTTR

Comparing Gruden's stats to Gibbs is like comparing Halas to Dungy. It's from two totally different time frames. It's pointless and proves nothing.

I would disagree. Very foolish to ignore the past and a coaches track record. You shall see on Saturday what Gibbs football is all about. Gruden and co. will be in for a rude awakening.

Gruden is not even on the same level as Gibbs at this point in time. Carter is the only fool who believes this. Oh and you Rock1 (you don't really count though :silly: )

Archived