Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Williams Stays ... Lavar Leaves?

bryceb07

What would the Bucs' record have been if there were in the NFC East?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What would the Bucs' record have been if there were in the NFC East?

• 5-11
    • 7-9
    • 9-7
    • 11-5

Look, we won more games without Lavar than with him this season. Get over it. Let the coaches decide what happens to Lavar, and just remember this: JOE GIBBS is in the hall of fame, and you're not.

Whatever Gibbs decides is BEST.

I truly wish we could wait until the playoffs are over before we worry about next year. I guess thats the "free agency era" for you.

I have a question though, do you think the NFL is starting to see how we could easily be the model NFL franchise. I mean we have endless amounts of money coming in, tradition, and up until now we had a very sub par team. This year the redskins can demonstrate direct fan interist, by the hour if they wanted to. All they gotta do is count the hits here at xtremeskins.

How would people feel IF the skins became the new media darling, and gibbs was reestablished as some kind "genius"?

Well I guess that can wait till after the superbowl too?

/Welcome Home Gregg

We're in the playoffs.

Can't we find something else to talk about and rehash this for the umpteenth time after the playoffs are over?

I am a big LaVar fan. I am a bigger Joe Gibbs fan and even BIGGER Redskins fan.

If Joe Gibbs/Gregg WIlliams decides what is best is for LaVar to go, then I have faith and will support it 100%. If they decide what is best for him to stay, ditto.

They get paid the big bucks. We do not.

Have faith in the decisions that the people who have brought us postseason play.... something we should be focusing on now and NOT this whole thing with LaVar.

I don't agree. I think Williams has a role in whether LaVar stays. I just believe that Gregg has lost patience with Arrington and will not block the organization's attempts to trade/release him.

Let's remember that while we take a big hit to release him, if we keep him he is going to command $12 million under our 2006 cap.

So, the decision if you look at the money is not that clear cut.

Arrington has indicated that even if the team does keep him he is not inclined to delay or reschedule his 2006 roster bonus to help the Skins for next season.

I also feel that before Williams signed the $8 million contract to stay in DC that he discussed any outstanding personnel issues with Joe Gibbs and Dan Snyder.

Don't think for a minute that Arrington's status and the direction of the defense personnel-wise was not discussed.

Write it down: LaVar is not going anywhere.

He will re-negotiate his deal in the offseason, transferring his roster bonus to a new signing bonus, making the deal more cap-friendly while putting a bunch of coin in his pocket.

Otherwise, he walks for nothing in return. And then he'll sign with an NFC East rival and haunt us for the next 4-5 years. I don't think Snyder will let that happen.

out of curiousity...when the Skins negotiate a big bonus as they did with LA...the Skins, speculating like so many others are so adept at, must know the downstream impacts this will have and likely anticipate restructuring with or releasing/trading a player. but this suggests the team is less than above board when it signs the contract in the first place. could there be two sides to this?

with williams now staying and further improvement to come next season I agree Franklin, he'll re-do the deal for a shot at it all next year and move in 07.

He can't go anywhere unless the powers that be want him gone if he is under contract.

I kinda hope he goes so this endless thread-starting with all the same information over and over finally goes away. Actually, what am I thinking? He goes and we will have to withstand the barrage of 146,873 new threads screaming and crying over him leaving, then everyone will find some new topic to beat to death.

Yippee.

In a perfect world we would all celebrate Gregg Williams contract extention while the 2 of them make up and become best of friends with understanding of each other and they show it on the field by Lavar becomming a monster Linebacker for Coach Williams making spectacular highligh reel plays left and right under Gregg Williams schemes.

In a perfect world we would all celebrate Gregg Williams contract extention while the 2 of them make up and become best of friends with understanding of each other and they show it on the field by Lavar becomming a monster Linebacker for Coach Williams making spectacular highligh reel plays left and right under Gregg Williams schemes.

Amen brother

I think letting LaVar leave would be another in a line of mistakes (pierce, smoot, bailey, davis, kalu, etc.).

A line of mistakes? Smoot has done nothing in Minnesota & Rogers certainly looks capable of taking over for him & maybe being better. Pierce is excellent, but Marshall has done a great job. Bailey wanted too much money and a healthy Shawn Springs has often Bailey. Davis had one good year after leaving the Skins & while it's easy to fantasize about Davis in Gibbs' offense, he hasn't been healthy enough to make a difference and, no matter what, he's no Portis. That leaves Kalu who, I agree, we should have kept.

When the Eagles let guys go, they're a well run organization with an eye on the bottom line, filling in with less expensive players. When the Redskins do the same thing, it's a mistake.

:doh: Here we go again.......

First, all of us should be happy that GW has been given an extension. If the rumors are true that GW is the hier apparent when JG retires, the SKINS are making a good call. I would be very upset to see GW coaching another team. Let alone some one elses D. The dude is a genious.

Second, all of us should be happy that LA is healthy and can contribute during the 2nd season. If used correctly LA can create problems for the BUCs O.

Is GW staying going to affect LA staying? Is that really going to be the biggest factor? Only LA, the coaches, and the organization know for sure.

Recognize some facts.

1. LA has not been 100% healthy for over a year.

2. LAs linebacker position is not an every down position in GWs gap defense.

3. The Skins d has never been as good over the course of 2 years in the 6 LA has been here.

4. This is the 1st year in the 6 LA has been here that the SKINS are in the 2nd season.

5. When healthy and schemed correctly LA is a brutal LB that can terrorize.

6. LA gets payed like a premier player at his position.

Some feelings and thoughts.....................

1. I am a huge LA fan. One of the teams smartest draft picks ever. The opposition fears getting hit by him.

2. I wonder is he really healthy?

3. In GWs gap system is LA ever going to be more than a Monte Coleman type? I hope so.

4. Can LA p/u the release and provide brutal pass coverage at the same level he attacks the run and the Qb? I havent seen it yet.

5. Should GW utilize LAs strengths to the teams advantage? I think GW is trying.

6. In the off season if the coaches decide that LAs greatest asset is a trade that involves a player caliber swap or top 10 pick should they do it? I dont ever want to see LA in anything but a SKINS jersey, if a true weakness like d end or reciever can be addressed it should be strongly considered. ( Bailey 4 Portis )

7. Should the team cut LA if his contract cant be reworked? To me cutting LA is ****ING STUPID!! Was Monte Coleman ever one of the highest paid players on the team?

8. I trust JG will make the best decision for the team, players, and fans. He has been right more times than not.

:bucsuck: :wavetowel Go for 6 in a row and avenge the 2pt conversion that never happened!:2cents:

As for the relationship between Lavar and GW. In Lavar's interview yesterday he praised the system. Praised GW for making him a better football player. He also said that he has had numerous meetings with Gibbs and Williams and believes in this coaching staff.

Williams has gone out of his way to credit Lavar's work ethic in the past few weeks. When Lavar is healthy enough to play he has been the starter. Don't read too much into Lavar not playing on third down either. Most teams will pull the weak side linebacker in favor of an extra corner or Safety. This gives you more speed on the field for coverage. No matter what you think you see. GW almost always opts for a cover package on third down than a blitz package.

Don't let the media fool you. They are finding the only thing they can to try and sour this sweet season. Lavar was played by them like a fiddle. Lavar will be back. He will be a skin and he will flourish under Williams for a long time to come.

Archived