Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Williams Stays ... Lavar Leaves?

bryceb07

What would the Bucs' record have been if there were in the NFC East?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What would the Bucs' record have been if there were in the NFC East?

• 5-11
    • 7-9
    • 9-7
    • 11-5

We're all pumped about Greg Williams staying in Washington for the next 3 years. Does this mean Lavar will definately be gone ? Let me know what you think, and if he does go, whats he worth and who would you want for him ? Specific players, situations .....

I'm not sure if he will be gone during the offseason because it would cost too much to trade him and we certainly aren't going to cut him. Again even if we cut him it would cost a lot, although we would be able to break it down over two seasons.

I think letting LaVar leave would be another in a line of mistakes (pierce, smoot, bailey, davis, kalu, etc.). I have seen a lot of folks in the forum knocking LaVar but we have all seen how he hung with this organization through all the losing and coaching staffs. He has reworked his contract once (not his fauly Snyder pays through the nose) and can be a valuable asset in Williams system. They all just need to sit down and hash out their differences.

It cost too much to trade Coles... and you know what happened there.

If you look closely at the cap situation, they COULD trade Arrington. It won't be easy, but it could happen. In fact, if Arrington were willing to renegotiate (in return for input on which team he wants to be traded to), it's very possible.

The trouble with releasing him is that the first teams in line for his services will be the Eagles and Cowboys. Do you really want to face him twice a year once he gets healthy? And with nothing in return?

It cost too much to trade Coles... and you know what happened there.

If you look closely at the cap situation, they COULD trade Arrington. It won't be easy, but it could happen. In fact, if Arrington were willing to renegotiate (in return for input on which team he wants to be traded to), it's very possible.

The trouble with releasing him is that the first teams in line for his services will be the Eagles and Cowboys. Do you really want to face him twice a year once he gets healthy? And with nothing in return?

It really ruined New England when they let Ty Law go to the Jets. And he actually produces! Bottom Line: the Patriots did what was best for their team and moved on.

You don't worry about where LA goes if the best solution is to release him. Now I don't know yet what the ramifications are of trading him vs. releasing him and how moving him in March might be different than moving him in July. I do know that he's most certainly not dangerous enough for the Skins to live in regret should he go Dallas or Philly. We're not releasing Peyton Manning here or even Ray Lewis. We're talking about a dog here that's a lot more bark than bite.

"The trouble with releasing him is that the first teams in line for his services will be the Eagles and Cowboys. Do you really want to face him twice a year once he gets healthy? And with nothing in return?"

yes...I would!

"We're talking about a dog here that's a lot more bark than bite."

baloney. he is a physical presence who can hurt people. it takes 2 years to fully recover from a knee injury. he puts a hurt on Portis or the QB of the moment you will react differently. he does have the ability to do that. I'ld love to see him go to the Iggles....they have a quality defense and Johnson will put him to good use. he gets into it like he did in the SF game and he's gonna do some damage - the ability is there. LA would, like Pierce, have some good insights into our offense. we'ld find out once and for all if you are truly correct.

This is going to come down to a business decision. It is clear that the defense can thrive without him. Yes he's an asset but at 12 million?? The Skins no longer need him to be the marketing force that he once was, they are fine in that aspect without him. As for linebackers, it's probable that they can find a cheaper solution to play his position within the scheme of the defensive system.

I think letting LaVar leave would be another in a line of mistakes (pierce, smoot, bailey, davis, kalu, etc.). I have seen a lot of folks in the forum knocking LaVar but we have all seen how he hung with this organization through all the losing and coaching staffs. He has reworked his contract once (not his fauly Snyder pays through the nose) and can be a valuable asset in Williams system. They all just need to sit down and hash out their differences.

:applause: Finaly someone who see's what I see!! I couldn't have said it any better..... :applause:

And exactly what has the outcome of those "mistakes" been. Oh, that's right. A trip to the playoffs for the first time since '99. For the second time since Gibbs first tenure. The coaches see far more than a fan ever could. When's the last time Lavar made an impact play? How is he performing in practice? I just find the constant questioning of these decisions humorous in light of the succes we're starting to enjoy. I'd love to see LA remain here and be a top producer, but if this staff thinks the team is better off if he's gone, then the team is better off if he's gone. To presume we somehow know what's best, instead of the coaching staff is ridiculous.

Here's the deal:

Lavar needs to restructure. I would bet Francs to Krispy Kreme's that he would be willing to do so IF he knew the Skins would let him finish his career here. It is also clear that he has to realize that in GW's system, he's not going to be the superstar. He just needs to be another vital part of the system like the ten other defensive players. Hopefully, he can do all of that, because I'd love to see him stay a Redskin for life.

HOWEVER .. Lavar needs to finally get healthy and then return to being the beast he once was .. in effect, find himself and the joy of playing and hitting that he once had. I'd LOVE to see him be that beast again in burgundy and gold! I only hope that both sides can bury the hatchet (is there one, or is it just the Press that is driving that car?) and work things out.

The last time lavar made an impact play was when he stopped a RB behind the LOS on 3rd and goal to force a FG. I think it was against Tampa but I am not 100% sure.

I guess shooting the gap and blowing up a couple guys behind the line in our string of victories aren't impact plays? I'm not accusing you, but if Marcus Washington makes that SAME tackle everyone points to it, while Lavar's string of good plays of late (not so much the last game, I admit) and leading the team in tackles after coming back are ignored.

Archived