Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Williams Stays ... Lavar Leaves?

bryceb07

What would the Bucs' record have been if there were in the NFC East?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What would the Bucs' record have been if there were in the NFC East?

• 5-11
    • 7-9
    • 9-7
    • 11-5

Yea but what if we got someone like Anquan Boldin who is miserable in Arizona for him ? Don't you think our D will be fine without him ? And we need another big offensive reciever ?

Why in the world would they trade Boldin?

Him and Fitzgerald are going to be the league's best combo for years to come.

people can't have it both ways - LaVar making spectacular plays and Skins losing, or LaVar making 6 tackles and not standing out too much and us winning. Williams' and Arrington's latest comments about each other were complementary. Now, 12 mill. for someone who is generally not that spectacular, but someone who plays well and makes good tackles - that's not gonna work. And hopefully everyone can reach another compromise in the off season.

The only way Lavar possibly stays is if he takes a pay cut and says all the right things. He's going to have to really want to follow this team through the upcoming years of success and not run to wherever the money might be better. I don't know if he, or the team, is willing to do that.

No. GreggW staying does not necessitate Arrington leaving.

Lavar Arrington said -"I look forward to learning more in Gregg Williams system"

Gregg Williams said - "I am a better coach when Lavar Arrington is on the field"

Though some of the anti-Arrington faction would like to say so. Obviously some are getting in their cheap shots on Arrington (but that is not what this thread is about)

I'd be willing to bet Lavar stays. Williams knows the guy is a good linebacker and now he is learning the system. The guy has been freelancing since his days at PSU, his instincts take over and now he is learning the system. Washinton loves having him on the field and he is becoming a better "team" player.

I hope to see Lavar wearing # 56 for us next year.

I'm hoping LaVar comes up big Saturday so he can prove that he's worth the money, but if he doesn't perform, then it would probably be better to trade him. We could get a very good d-line man or cornerback that we desperately need, or a #2 receiver since the Patten thing hasn't worked out. BUT...I'd rather not see him go because he has been the face of this franchise for so many years. By the way, smittykidindy, getting rid of Bailey was not a mistake...we go Portis in return.

he's staying. stop starting these threads

it just brings all the lavar haters in one group

as much as I know he's still a member of the team and will be next year.

when there's a statement out then you guys can start these lavar threads!

he's going to stay no matter what n e ways. GW isn't stupid. JG isn't stupid. They know he's a huge talent and they'll see it sat and next season when fully recovered!

PLEASE. ENOUGH!

I have a suggestion. Can we please leave Lavar Arringtons name out of the picture for just one week?? He will not return, he admits that. He has not played up to the level he has in the past. He will get a tremendous roster bonus, and this team is doing fine without him. I am sorry LA hardcores, but you know it to be the truth. He was absent in the Philly game, no one mentioned his name either during the game or in the post game interviews. Our defense will be fine without him. Haven't we done so most of this year?? I love the guy, but business is business. We cannot afford to pay him. If he renegotiates his contract, then fine. I don't see him doing that. Some other team is desperate for a linebacker and will pay him more than we can.

I never thought I would say this but, I think we will be just fine if Lavar does not come back next year. Dont get me wrong, im a big fan of Lavar but we have made it this far really without him. And last year he only played in 2 games and our D was good. I hope he comes back and has a great year for us next year, but it wont be the end of the world if he dont.

Archived