Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Who wins the Wild Card games?

Commander PK

Alright guys, let's go on record now. Pick your winners.

Wild Card Weekend

Saturday, January 7

4:30 p.m. on ABC -- Washington (10-6) at Tampa Bay (11-5)

8:00 p.m. on ABC -- Jacksonville (12-4) at New England (10-6)

Sunday, January 8

1:00 p.m. on FOX -- Carolina (11-5) at N.Y. Giants (11-5)

4:30 p.m. on CBS -- Pittsburgh (11-5) at Cincinnati (11-5)

these are some tough games to handicap.

after 5 straight wins and all the momentum the team has the Skins should prevail in Tampa in a close game, 20-17.

The Panthers to me are not a better team than the Giants when both are healthy but the Giants don't seem to have any healthy linebackers at all and their rush defense has really suffered as a result. Tiki Barber has a sprained ankle. I would not be surprised to see the Panthers win a very close on here, 24-21.

The Pats are going to beat the Jaguars. Del Rio is facing a tough choice in which qb to start, ideally you want your playoff starter to get work in that last season game, at least. Leftwich to me is going to be rusty and will be exposed by the Pats at home. Patriots with Brady will score just enough to win, 17-10.

I think the Steelers have the advantage in the other matchup. The Bengals are a more talented offensive team, but the Steelers are playoff tested and seem to be on a mission with Bettis. The history of this rivalry is that the Steelers usually get the best of the Bengals and even though they are the road team I would not be surprised to see the Steelers steal one here, 28-24.

There you go. All close. 3 road teams I picked to win.

You know I won't win the 'pool' as home teams win something like 70% of their playoff games.

Perhaps Carson Palmer comes out and lights up the Steelers to shift the balance between home and road winners? :)

Archived