Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MVP John Runyan

The 90s ruled

At first I thought the penalty was against Joe Salave'a and his anger was directed against the refs. Thought it might get ugly...

What a relief once the penalty was announced.

What exactly happened? I was at the game but my angle made it hard to see. All I could see was a really pissed off Big Joe

I was watching the game with my brother at his friends house and I asked before the game started if Runyan was healthy and when the answer was yes I said: "that **** plays dirty and the ref's never call it. I hate it when he plays" Looks like I was wrong, the referees finally called him on all his cheating BS.

Did anyone else hear Troy Aikman speaking so matter-of-factly about Joe Salave'a being so pissed:

"I would not want Joe Salave'a to be mad at me right now. He's a powerful big man, and right now he's awful angry"

Thats the hardest I've laughed in my entire life at something an announcer has said. I would pay to have a clip of that.

I think the Skins deserve to be in the playoffs, but that call was a gift. A ref could make that call 10-20 times per game if he wanted. As much as I like it being against Runyan, his swing had nothing to do with the play and I couldn't even tell if he made serious contact. Strahan was hit with two hands to the face last night, which left him with a nasty cut below his eye, yet no call was made against the Raiders - and it was right in the middle of the play if memory serves.

We all know that Runyan is known for his "dirty" play... I personally believe that when a player lacks the skills, he tries harder to intimidate...

I watched the play and replay on TV... Runyan did take a nasty swing at Salvae'a somewhat away from the play!

Salvae'a did keep his poise!

I would have loved to see this thing "let go" and watch Nasty Runyan get his butt kicked:)

Note to Runyan: Take your as$ kicking like a Man:)

I think the Skins deserve to be in the playoffs, but that call was a gift. A ref could make that call 10-20 times per game if he wanted. As much as I like it being against Runyan, his swing had nothing to do with the play and I couldn't even tell if he made serious contact. Strahan was hit with two hands to the face last night, which left him with a nasty cut below his eye, yet no call was made against the Raiders - and it was right in the middle of the play if memory serves.

no way dude.

you swing, it's a penalty at least. he could've been thrown out.

Archived