Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official "thank you Joe Gibbs" thread

jauburn

I heard so much doubting of Joe Gibbs over these past two years. It was tiring. I couldn't believe it: a three-time super bowl winning coach comes back to Washington, and suddenly folks thought he couldn't turn this ship around? No way! I never doubted Joe Gibbs. Not for one moment. Those three super bowls were not a mistake, friends, and I'm sure others agree.

So let's make this an official "thank you, Joe Gibbs" thread. Come on, let's hear it.

wait till after the game sunday i was gonna start one

I think he has done enough so far to warrant a thank you. He has turned this from a group of individuals into a TEAM, and that is what the Redskins have been missing for a number of years...

THANK YOU COACH GIBBS!!!!!!

From a fan who proudly stood behind you these past two years when alot around(especially the younger guys) lost faith in your method. You are a proven winner in any endeavor you undertake. It was never a matter of if, but when.

HTTR

Count me in, Coach Gibbs is the greatest coach in NFL history. I remember the day he was hired the first time, and his efforts with the Redskins have brought me countless hours of joy and excitement. I sincerely appreciate it.

~Bang

Thank you Joe. Remembering the feeling I had as a young man in the 80's, thinking that if I believe in something it could really happen.It really inspires you. I revisited the Initial press confrence when coach was introduced and I see our resurgence again and I feel once again that anyone can achieve anything if they believe in it. God bless Joe Gibbs for the things he has done for the fans(exspecially for the children at Youth for Tomorrow).Takes a real man to change the lives of others. Not just a Franchise, But the Community as a whole and he has done that. The man is alot bigger then football. HTTR.

I don't post often, since 99% of the time, what I want to say has already been posted by the time I read any thread (and the other 1% of the time, that happens while I'm reading said thread). However, this is a sentiment that needs repeating.

Thank you Coach Gibbs.

Thank you for allowing us to take pride in our team, and have real faith that win or lose, that team will leave it all out on that field every single week. Thank you for filling your staff with good people, and allowing those people to do their jobs to the best of their ability. Thank you for putting aside the proverbial coaches' ego, and adapting when no one (except those that actually paid attention the first time) thought you could.

Above all, thank you for making it fun to be a Redskins fan again.

Thank you.

Archived