Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do I know...

ljer

.....I'm gonna be sittin' in front of the tube next Sunday night cheering my arse off for a Rams victory???

I do not feel at all confident about our game next week. The Iggles at home, with the role of spoiler. Ramsey, at the helm and rusty.

I don't know, it just doesn't feel right.

I suppose if we lose to the lowly Eagles we don't deserve a playoff spot anyway.

Forgive me, I've still got some Norvousnous inside.

A win on Sunday and I may finally be free!!!!

Relax. The Eagles are fielding their second and third stringers.

All Ramsey has to do is what they have been doing for the last 4 weeks. Nothing super-human is being demanded of him. He did well against NY. This is a big deal for him. If he does well, he can write his own ticket...

yeah, i am nervous about the game too. mostly because this is the closest we have been to the playoffs in some time now. in all honesty we should handle the eagles. their offense is pretty bad withoout TO, mcnabb and westbrook. their defense is still tough though and that worries me a little bit. As long as the team does not get overconfident and plays the way we have the last few weeks we are fine. Lets go skins just 1 more win. HAIL

the eagles have played some good football with those no names, moats has looked pretty good and macmahon can scramble better than McNabb (nowadays anyway). we can beat them if we get over the psychological hump, which helped by beating dallas and new york back to back

oh yeah and ESPN finally recognized that we are the hot team around right now and they even said that we might be the only team Seattle is really worried about

]']Quote:

Originally Posted by amaprius

I second that emotion!!!!

3rd

4th. You guys are hot stuff. We just whipped on the Cowboys and Giants. How 'bout believing that we can handle a mediocre Eagles team at this point even if we're not firing on all cylinders. The Defense alone should win this game, and everything Patrick / Brunell do will be graaaaaaaaaaaaaaavy.

:eaglesuck

4th. You guys are hot stuff. We just whipped on the Cowboys and Giants. How 'bout believing that we can handle a mediocre Eagles team at this point even if we're not firing on all cylinders. The Defense alone should win this game, and everything Patrick / Brunell do will be graaaaaaaaaaaaaaavy.

:eaglesuck

I WANT to believe, but I'm in the same boat as the original poster. The last ten years have not been kind to us. I just have to keep reminding myself that its a new team, that Gibbs is in charge now. We have a new attitude. We should win this weekend, and I believe we will.

I WANT to believe, but I'm in the same boat as the original poster. The last ten years have not been kind to us. I just have to keep reminding myself that its a new team, that Gibbs is in charge now. We have a new attitude. We should win this weekend, and I believe we will.

I have those same sentiments. We CAN win, and we SHOULD win, but.....

I have always felt this way about them. I have a cautious confidence only because it is a division game and, ask the Giants how "easy" Philly is (OT), in Philly and I'm sure they would like nothing better than to make sure we don't make it in. However, this squad has shown that anything is possible and I do think we will be ok.:D

On a side note, people always ask me why I don't like the Panthers. Last week pretty much sums it up.

It's a different era now than the past few years.

Relax, watch the game and cheer for your favorite team (whoever that might be).

If it's the 'Skins, how can you possibly be upset with this season?

Even if we don't make the playoffs.......

we've beaten Dallas twice

we have a winning record in our division

we are a better team than last year

we are 4-0 in December, when champions are born

All 'Skins fans have a lot to be thankful for.

Just watch and root,root,root.

Believing a little doesn't hurt either!

Lol, all last week I've been telling coworkers thats our team would beat the hell out of the #1 team in the league then go on the road and lose to a team like the Texans..Thats the same way I feel about this Philly game,We're supposed to win and we can win but I have this feeling we won't win...I hope I'm wrong as hell but thats just my opinion, the main 3 things that I think will keep us from victory on sunday will be:1.Ramsey is rusty.2.The team coming into this game overconfident.3.Penalties...like I said before I hope we win but right now I just don't feel that confident for some reason(gut feeling).

I've been kinda nervous too just because...

I think Philly's defense will come to play, and we'll have a tough time running the ball and scoring. Don't forget they shut down LT. Ultimately though, the Redskins' defense will take over the game. We will win, but it will be too close for comfort.

First of all, a 9-7 team that loses to THESE Eagles in such a pivotal game doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs at all.

I think we'll win, but not easily. It's gonna come down to turnovers and big plays.

I really don't want to be rooting for a team as lowly as the Rams Sunday night, though.

I'm as nervous as any other poster, and we've all seen far too many collapses from our team over the last few years (hell, even a couple this season). And I've no doubt that Filthy will want to spoil our season. But I don't think they will, I really don't. Sure this is a potential trap game, but I can't remember when a Redskins team has been this together, this focused, this driven.

And hey, Ramsey came in a looked pretty good. I think he's been studying Brunell's management abilities, letting the system soak in, and waiting for his chance. I personally hope that, if Mark can't go, PR lights it up in a huge statement game.

So yeah, I'll be rooting for the Rams but only because I love to hate the Pukes. I fully expect we will have secured a playoff spot by then.

HTTR!!!

I think most of us who have been fans of this team for awhile have to be nervous. The fact that Dallas has gotten so lucky at the end against Carolina and KC makes one think that fate still has it in for us. But if we look at the reality of how well the Skins have played the last month (granted they didn't play great against Arizona but still pulled it out) and how bad the Eagles are right now, this is a good position to be in. If we lose, I won't even bother watching the Cowboys game. I know what's going to happen there.

Archived